Census - Citizenship - Supreme Court!

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
A Decade Of Implications At Stake, Supreme Court Hears Census Citizenship Question

Here we go, should the census have a citizenship question in it? I think it should. Now the Leftists argue that ~6.5mil people will not fill it out if this is the case for fear of deportation, etc. and as such those areas won't have accurate representation in Congress. IDC. If you're not a citizen then state so and deal with the consequences.

Population counts from the 2020 census will determine how many congressional seats and Electoral College votes each state gets for the next decade. The data also guide the distribution of an estimated $880 billion a year in federal funding for schools, roads and other public services.

Thoughts?

We might win this one, lets hope we do.

Foregone conclusion the court libs, who like all libs, see no difference between a citizen and an illegal, will vote to keep the citizenship question off the census.
They are scared shitless that average Americans might see just how many illegals are here.

When the Constitution (and common sense) is taken into consideration the left should lose in every case.

Hopefully Roberts will get over himself and stop handing bed wetters any benefit of the doubt.

I wouldn't bet The Ranch on it.

Not sure the Constitution draws a distinction between Citizens and residents.

It should, but I'm not sure it does

Just Curious.....why don't Democrats and snowflakes want to know how many illegals they have allowed to enter into the United States so far?

I wouldn't bet The Ranch on it.

Not sure the Constitution draws a distinction between Citizens and residents.

It should, but I'm not sure it does
The founders papers do.

Yeah, but they're not considered 'Founding Documents'

The Constitution, The Northwest Ordinance, The Declaration of Independence, The Articles of Confederation.

SCOTUS often cites things like the Federalist Papers and the Preamble but does NOT base its decisions on them. Only on Amendments and Articles of the US Constitution.

They might be able to connect the 16th Amendment to the Article requiring a Census (Article 1?) but that will take a full cooperation of the 'conservatives' on the Court. And Roberts is looking less like a Conservative than a RINO and Kavanaugh has disappointed a couple times already.

I hope Trump gets his way. Apportionment is more important than people realize

I really can't see how asking someone if they are a Citizen is somehow illegal? They ask this on Employment Applications.

The Constitution used the term "persons" for the purpose of counting 3/5 of the slave population for Congressional apportionment. The 13th Amendment made this a moot point by making such persons citizens. As a result, there is no longer any basis for counting anyone but citizens for this purpose.

The Census is coming soon. Maybe all Republicans should lie on the Census and report them as having 15 adult white people per household so their region gets more money? We need to compete against those areas that have a lot of illegals or prisoners they are adding to the Census.

The Census is coming soon. Maybe all Republicans should lie on the Census and report them as having 15 adult white people per household so their region gets more money? We need to compete against those areas that have a lot of illegals or prisoners they are adding to the Census.
You already take far more than you put in. Don't get greedy.

Liar!

The supreme court justices are insinuating that the census question on citizenship can stand.....another potential loss for open border nuts....

I doubt that.

The amount of taxes I pay from property to income to fuel consumption to sales tax tell me I pay far more into the system than most...

Liar!

It occurs two me that ewe mean "Lyre".

HLRT-2.jpg

Forum List

Back