Censorship

Those who defend Twitter are fascists and hypocrites by nature. They only want their own lock-step orthodoxy to preval and would be the first to complain if the shoe were on the other foot.

You need to keep in mind that these people do not operate according to principles, merely tribe. They don't value free speech unless it is THEIR free speech involved and they will do all they can to reduce the rights of others.

you describe trump, conservative media, trumpers

You need to keep in mind that these people do not operate according to principles, merely tribe. They don't value free speech unless it is THEIR free speech involved and they will do all they can to reduce the rights of others.

you describe trump, conservative media, trumpers
[/QUOTE]
Not at all, young mister lock-step conformist.

When you use a private platform...it is their rules. Their take is that they suppress liars..and for some odd reason....that impacts those on the right who use these platforms a lot more.

Perhaps you'd like to examine that?

It hardly needs examination: obviously the Big 2 social media are suppressing rightwing speech, duh. Everyone knows that. There is always political suppression of speech when a new communication medium opens up: the Catholic Church suppressed Protestant book-printing in the 15th-16th centuries, and there were two centuries of religious war because of the new communications. Whatever side is stronger suppresses free speech of the other side. Now it's the left suppressing the right.

You are implying that it's a question of one side having Truth, but Truth is in the eye of the beholder. That is the whole POINT of free speech.

I feel a little sorry for Zuckerberg. It's clear many wars and civil wars were started and maintained by Facebook and Twitter --- the whole many-countries Arab Spring wars were waged via those platforms. People badly want to use these platforms to fight here. I know Zuckerberg never meant this to happen! But he invented, basically, another Gutenberg Press, and the last one led to two centuries of war, so it was inevitable.

I don't know what he's going to do, but I am sure he shouldn't get into censorship. Some model like the telephone or book publishers is needed. Let them all speak. The problem is, when people have free speech videos, they organize wars and they live-stream their mass murders and rapes and serial killings. That really is a problem.
Arguments based on 'everyone knows.." are seldom correct.

I don't think that the Right is being suppressed///as much as it cavils at losing the patina of legitimacy that the big platforms confer. Yeah..the far right is being marginalized--given their propensity for lying and deliberate misinformation--I have a hard time seeing this as a problem. After all, they'll always have Rush, right?

In the end..it is the consumer who decides just how much time he/she is going to devote separating the wheat from the chaff. It appears to me that many spend the time that might be used to find the truth....with cruising about, looking for things to bolster opinions already held..with conflicting information either spun into something palatable or ignored altogether. Those on the fringes--whether right or left..are the ones particularly guilty of this..IMO.

This recent election is a great case in point. We have a President whose relationship with the truth is sketchy, at best. We have people that say that because he is the President..he is entitled to have his every utterance treated as gold. How do we handle the obvious lies?

Our country is in the middle of a demographic change of some magnitude....Social media reflects this. The drive to 'alternate facts' is part of this as well.

Twitter, Facebook, YouTube are attempting to be fair and responsible..however...that knife cuts the Alt/Right deeper...because they are liars with a detestable agenda.
You're a well spoken idiot.
Wow...I feel so rebutted.......LOL! Your cogent point by point refutations of my position fairly leap off of the screen!

...errr....whassthat..no? Just another Ad hom attack by a guy without the horses to pull the wagon?

OK

Wow...I feel so rebutted.......LOL! Your cogent point by point refutations of my position fairly leap off of the screen!
I don't have to rebut anything. When you go that far out of reality, I just let you know how you are seen. You've done damage to yourself already, this would just be me piling on. What you do with that information is up to you.

I don't have to rebut anything. When you go that far out of reality, I just let you know how you are seen. What you do with that information is up to you.
Why thank you..when are so out of touch with reality as to not see any truth in my thread....then I'll let you know..that you too are seen..and laughed at....of course, you too, are free to do what you want. I assume you'll put your hands over your eyes and chant, "Nah, nah, nah..." until the perfect chill of your bubble envelop you.

whatever works..i don't judge...

one person's censorship is another person's editing....I find no issue with the big platforms..I just don't use them for my news..which would be silly anyway, right?

Last edited:
Why thank you..when are so out of touch with reality as to not see any truth in my thread....then I'll let you know..that you too are seen..and laughed at....of course, you too, are free to do what you want. I assume you'll put your hands over your eyes and chant, "Nah, nah, nah..." until the perfect chill of your bubble envelop you.

whatever works..i don't judge...

one person's censorship is another person's editing....I find no issue with the big platforms..I just don't use them for my news..which would be silly anyway, right?
*shrugs* Ok.

Forum List

Back