Celtics Legend and Hall of Famer John Havlicek has passed away peacefully today at the age of 79

I remember when he was on OSUs Dream Team, back in the early 60s

I never watched or payed attention to basketball. I took pictures for the school paper during basketball season but I never liked basketball, so there..

Clutch player for some great Celtic teams

Remember him playing the Knicks in the playoffs with one arm dangling from an injury. He still smoked them

One of the best when white guys were the Celtics stars....Cousey, Havlicek, Heinsohn, while the black guys Sam and K.C. Jones, Sach Sanders, and Bill Russell had to put up with a racist Boston crowd. I loved those old Celtics, hated Wilt....back when the St. Louis Hawks had a team....a good team.

• Banned
“John Havlicek was a wonderful friend who represented the best of the NBA. He described himself as a man of routine and discipline – a humble approach that produced extraordinary results, including eight NBA championships with the Boston @Celtics, 13 All-Star selections and some of the most iconic moments in league history. A trusted teammate who prioritized winning, John’s passion and energy endeared him to basketball fans and made him a model for generations of NBA players. We send our deepest sympathies to John’s wife, Beth, his son, Chris, and his daughter, Jill, as well as the entire @Celtics organization.” - Sexy Gordon Hayward

One of the best when white guys were the Celtics stars....Cousey, Havlicek, Heinsohn, while the black guys Sam and K.C. Jones, Sach Sanders, and Bill Russell had to put up with a racist Boston crowd. I loved those old Celtics, hated Wilt....back when the St. Louis Hawks had a team....a good team.
Len Wilkins. Ed McCauley.
McCauley went on to be the sports guy on KTVI-TV news in St Louis.

Forum List

Back