Celebrity Spill-Over

1. A perennial mistake that folks make is awarding an undeserved objectivity, trustworthiness and/or knowledge in some realm totally distinct from that one in which someone gained celebrity status.
Nowhere is this more evident that that awarded to politicians, economists, bureaucrats, and weathermen. But awarding same to those nominally known as ‘scientists’ is surely a close second. Biases, preferences, politics and credit card debt all enter ‘scientist’s’ claims as do they any average citizen.
I actually agree with you, we tend to give people credit for expertise and knowledge in fields they are no more qualified to expound on than anyone else.

A good example is our politicians. We love to elect 'outsiders', another term for a candidate with no political experience or expertise. Trump is a great example but every party has it 'outsiders'.

I don't recall you ever saying what your expertise is in. Care to share?
1. A perennial mistake that folks make is awarding an undeserved objectivity, trustworthiness and/or knowledge in some realm totally distinct from that one in which someone gained celebrity status.
Nowhere is this more evident that that awarded to politicians, economists, bureaucrats, and weathermen. But awarding same to those nominally known as ‘scientists’ is surely a close second. Biases, preferences, politics and credit card debt all enter ‘scientist’s’ claims as do they any average citizen.
I actually agree with you, we tend to give people credit for expertise and knowledge in fields they are no more qualified to expound on than anyone else.

A good example is our politicians. We love to elect 'outsiders', another term for a candidate with no political experience or expertise. Trump is a great example but every party has it 'outsiders'.

I don't recall you ever saying what your expertise is in. Care to share?

"I actually agree with you,...."

Where have I gone wrong?????

How can this be happening to me?????

If you agree with me, I must rethink my entire weltanschauung.

I must go up to my room and lie down.

I must go up to my room and lie down.
You can try this....it helps me.
1601925869421.png
1601925981471.png

Forum List

Back