Celebration of our Christian history

there has not been a century since the 4th christianity has not been at the forefront of persecution and victimization of the innocent ...

Christians didn't cause the COVID-19. The state atheist and communist Chinese did. Shall we see how much persecution and victimization of the innocent happens?

However, that's not what we should think of. We should honor the brave Christian men and women out on the front lines trying to save lives and battle the coronavirus first hand. Not one of you atheists mentioned that innocent people are suffering. Churches will be trying to help those who lost their jobs and have monetary problems first. After that, it is to get masks and help get medical supplies to the medical staff and those in need. What are the atheists doing?
Not one of you atheists mentioned that innocent people are suffering.
point is bond if they are desert religion they are not innocent people. the metaphysical is looking out for Garden Earth, again as payback for the horrors of humanity - the desert religions in particular. the evil in your book of genesis and its mistreatment of life they claim somehow subservient to mankind.

especially christian gun lovers like yourself ... 19 has you on their list.

So you are left with rejecting the gospel account of Christ and making up your own.

So be it. Anyone can do that.
I'm not a Christian so I neither accept nor reject the Gospels. My only interest is the history of Christianity so making up my own Gospel would be the last thing I want to do. It fascinates me and like all human endeavors it has its highs and lows, good guys and bad guys.

It is also fascinating that so many Christians know so little about the book they say is the word of God. I doubt a majority have read the Bible and fewer still have studied it. Most just accept its theology without questioning where that theology came from and its context.

I'm am reading the Bible for the third or fourth time through entire, I forget. And that's just ENTIRE. The Gospels I have read probably dozens of times each; it's only the most "obscure" books, you might say, I have only read on my entire read throughs.
Reading the Bible is easy, understanding the Bible is a much bigger challenge. For instance, if you don't know what the Q source is, you can't understand the synoptic Gospels.
Actually, the synoptic gospels are easily comprehendible when read in their historical and cultural contexts.

So you are left with rejecting the gospel account of Christ and making up your own.

I'm not a Christian so I neither accept nor reject the Gospels. My only interest is the history of Christianity so making up my own Gospel would be the last thing I want to do. It fascinates me and like all human endeavors it has its highs and lows, good guys and bad guys.

It is also fascinating that so many Christians know so little about the book they say is the word of God. I doubt a majority have read the Bible and fewer still have studied it. Most just accept its theology without questioning where that theology came from and its context.

I'm am reading the Bible for the third or fourth time through entire, I forget. And that's just ENTIRE. The Gospels I have read probably dozens of times each; it's only the most "obscure" books, you might say, I have only read on my entire read throughs.
Reading the Bible is easy, understanding the Bible is a much bigger challenge. For instance, if you don't know what the Q source is, you can't understand the synoptic Gospels.
Actually, the synoptic gospels are easily comprehendible when read in their historical and cultural contexts.
Really now? If that were true I'd expect there would be a single Christian church not the multitude we see.

"Just GTFO" Nice POSITIVE message there. Between your ignorance, arrogance, and hostility, you seem to need a refresher course in what it means to be a Christian. I'm probably a better follower of Jesus than you are.

You're welcome. I thought I was more scolding than hostile since you took it to a tangent and made the thread negative by accusing Christians of the being Hitler's main influence. I didn't think it was ignorance on my part as I did accept that it was your opinion. I just wanted to see if you had a more expert source to back it up such as mine:

Or:

"Quotable Quote by Sir Arthur Keith

Sir Arthur Keith was a British anthropologist, an atheistic evolutionist and an anti-Nazi, but he drew this chilling conclusion:
The German Führer, as I have consistently maintained, is an evolutionist; he has consciously sought to make the practice of Germany conform to the theory of evolution.

Reference

Keith, Sir Arthur, Evolution and Ethics (New York, NY: G. P. Putnam’s Sons, 1947), 230."

As for being Christian, I don't think you have any idea. You've clearly taken the path of the metaphorical wide gate. Maybe that's why you think the way you do of me. However, that doesn't matter. What you should've focused on was celebrating being a Christian and being positive in these troubled times if you wanted to be more Christian as the OP intended.
I had plenty of experts that shared my view quoted in post #52. What a shock that you just dismissed it.

My bad, I thought you wanted to discuss Christian history. What you really wanted was to cherry-pick only the good stuff from Christian history and ignore all else. It is ignorance you want not knowledge. So be it.

"Just GTFO" Nice POSITIVE message there. Between your ignorance, arrogance, and hostility, you seem to need a refresher course in what it means to be a Christian. I'm probably a better follower of Jesus than you are.

You're welcome. I thought I was more scolding than hostile since you took it to a tangent and made the thread negative by accusing Christians of the being Hitler's main influence. I didn't think it was ignorance on my part as I did accept that it was your opinion. I just wanted to see if you had a more expert source to back it up such as mine:

Or:

"Quotable Quote by Sir Arthur Keith

Sir Arthur Keith was a British anthropologist, an atheistic evolutionist and an anti-Nazi, but he drew this chilling conclusion:
The German Führer, as I have consistently maintained, is an evolutionist; he has consciously sought to make the practice of Germany conform to the theory of evolution.

Reference

Keith, Sir Arthur, Evolution and Ethics (New York, NY: G. P. Putnam’s Sons, 1947), 230."

As for being Christian, I don't think you have any idea. You've clearly taken the path of the metaphorical wide gate. Maybe that's why you think the way you do of me. However, that doesn't matter. What you should've focused on was celebrating being a Christian and being positive in these troubled times if you wanted to be more Christian as the OP intended.
I had plenty of experts that shared my view quoted in post #52. What a shock that you just dismissed it.

My bad, I thought you wanted to discuss Christian history. What you really wanted was to cherry-pick only the good stuff from Christian history and ignore all else. It is ignorance you want not knowledge. So be it.

I and the good people here wanted to celebrate. This morning we celebrated Jesus with his sermon on how he looked at contributors such as the poorest woman in the village who was the first to donate and gave a few cents. People took notice of the piddling amount she gave. But Jesus took notice because it was all she had. She was criticized by those watching because she gave the least. Then there was another woman who broke a jar of her best perfume in order to freshen Jesus and to prepare him before he was arrested. She used it liberally on his body, face, and hair (not like today's perfume). Maybe it was similar to a body wash and face wash. She was criticized because it was an expensive jar of perfume and that she could've sold it to help the poor more. Jesus taught us the meaning of these contributions compared to those who gave more, but could afford it. You are just like the critics. You sit there sitting on your brains criticizing those whose situation you do not know. At least, with history we can argue what happened because we have a record of it. You still provide no links or records for your arguments, so I'll assume you are wrong and it's just one's opinion. I asked for credentials of your sources, but didn't get any.

You sit there sitting on your brains criticizing those whose situation you do not know. At least, with history we can argue what happened because we have a record of it. You still provide no links or records for your arguments, so I'll assume you are wrong and it's just one's opinion. I asked for credentials of your sources, but didn't get any.
I provided links, sorry they do not meet your standards. Ironic that you want credentials when you accept without question the Gospels that have no credentials. You don't even know who wrote them. Apparently the only credentials you'll accept are contingent of if they agree with you or not.

Really now? If that were true I'd expect there would be a single Christian church not the multitude we see.
Would you?

Most Christians don't read the synoptic gospels in their historical and cultural contexts.

:bs1:. This is a POSITIVE thread about Christianity and "how Christ has helped change the world when it comes to health care," you :290968001256257790-final:. You're the stinkface who brought up Hitler you atheist Christian hater. Talk about prejudiced. Sheesh. Just GTFO :ahole-1:.

Why do you think that I am NOT "a follower of Jesus". I am a scientist and do not believe in Hebrew tales. Besides, reckoning myself as a Christian church would mean sharing the responsibility of this church, which preached and IS PREACHING hatred to OTHERS, for all those crimes that it had committed in History. In particular, spiritually blessing the settlers for the destruction of 100 million Native Indians - the owners of this land. Or for Inquisition. Or for ... Salem witch trials...
1586143973530.png

1586143777380.png

1586143986039.jpeg

Last edited:
I provided links, sorry they do not meet your standards. Ironic that you want credentials when you accept without question the Gospels that have no credentials. You don't even know who wrote them. Apparently the only credentials you'll accept are contingent of if they agree with you or not.

Okay, let's just agree to disagree. I did not see your links, so asked for them twice. I asked about those two authors of the cut and paste you did, but didn't see anything. Maybe it's my blindness, but I don't think you use the term Gospels correctly above nor really understand the Bible. You didn't want to discuss the poor woman who contributed all that she had. Mere pennies. Nor the woman who broke her expensive jar of perfume. And this is about Jesus our Lord!!! I think I understand evolution though because I provided a whole link to its curriculum. I'll skip the Hitler parts as it doesn't belong on this thread and leave it to a difference of opinion.

Maybe it's my blindness, but I don't think you use the term Gospels correctly above nor really understand the Bible.
Please enlighten me. How should I use the term 'Gospel'? As for understanding the Bible, I think it is you who do not understand it since your understanding comes from faith, you certainly don't share my understanding of it. This we must leave to a difference of opinion values.

You didn't want to discuss the poor woman who contributed all that she had. Mere pennies. Nor the woman who broke her expensive jar of perfume. And this is about Jesus our Lord!!!
I have few issues with Christian theology. It is what it is and is generally unique, I am more interested in Christian history.

I think I understand evolution though because I provided a whole link to its curriculum.
I don't think a link shows understanding and I've seen no evidence you understand evolution since you deny the accepted science that underlies it.

Please enlighten me. How should I use the term 'Gospel'?

How many times do I have to explain it to you? Read the OP. What about the old widow's mites? What about the woman who broke her expensive jar of perfume? Why do a few churches willing to risk holding service in these times even though that is dumb and risk innocent people's lives including their congregation and the general public? What is next Sunday? What the glorious fuck is wrong with you you fake Christian?

Forum List

Back