CDC Back Pedals again

You know, this is a brand new virus, and nobody has ever seen it before. So, it's understandable that they will get some things wrong about it and correct themselves later when they discover new information.

I also remember that when this thing first came out, people were saying to disinfect stuff you buy, but masks aren't really required. Then, a group of people got together for choir practice, and most of them came down with the virus. That is when doctors and scientists finally figured out that it was an airborne virus and that masks should be worn.

I'm guessing there are going to be other things about this virus that will come out as this goes on.

Partly true but surely somebody there could have put a COVID-19 culture on a tiny piece of formica, put it under a microscope and kept track of how long it lived. Any junior high biology student would have done that.

C'mon dude, you're just saying that because Trump
Has No Idea What He Is Talking About Or What He Is Doing
Trump could fuck up a cup of coffee

This was Trump's first pick to head CDC

fired for trading tobacco stock.

Then Redfield, who may be a decent guy for all I know, but he did opine that AIDS was sent by the Xian God to gays.

Actually she was NOT fired. Thank you very much!
Resigned in Shame. Fixed it for you. LOL

Shame? I don't think you could classify it as shame for holding stocks that were a conflict of interest.

You know, this is a brand new virus, and nobody has ever seen it before. So, it's understandable that they will get some things wrong about it and correct themselves later when they discover new information.

I also remember that when this thing first came out, people were saying to disinfect stuff you buy, but masks aren't really required. Then, a group of people got together for choir practice, and most of them came down with the virus. That is when doctors and scientists finally figured out that it was an airborne virus and that masks should be worn.

I'm guessing there are going to be other things about this virus that will come out as this goes on.

Partly true but surely somebody there could have put a COVID-19 culture on a tiny piece of formica, put it under a microscope and kept track of how long it lived. Any junior high biology student would have done that.
In a way the Obama team response to Ebola was pretty haphazard too. What information was out there came from different countries and was self-contradicting. But yeah, you'd think they rerun tests on how contagious and how. Sort of makes me wonder now about the advice that was given out about take out food. I avoided it, and anything coming home from shopping got the Lysol wipes and wrappings tossed.

Yet another thing the CDC screwed up.

CDC now says coronavirus 'does not spread easily' via contaminated surfaces

For those of you still wiping down groceries and other packages amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, breathe a sigh of relief: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now says the novel virus “does not spread easily” from "touching surfaces or objects" — but experts warn that doesn’t mean it’s no longer necessary to take "practical and realistic" precautions in stopping the spread of COVID-19.

Though it’s not exactly clear when, the federal health agency appears to have recently changed its guidelines from early March that simply said it “may be possible” to spread the virus from contaminated surfaces. The CDC now includes "surfaces or objects" under a section that details ways in which the coronavirus does not readily transmit.

Yes, I honestly never wiped down any of my groceries, door knobs, etc. I am a liberal, but am also grounded in science and reason, and realize that as long as you wash your hands regularly and don't touch your face, you are probably safe from such methods of transmission. Reminds me of the AIDS epidemic where they finally had to explicitly state that you couldn't get HIV from a handshake or a hug!

For those of you still wiping down groceries and other packages amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, breathe a sigh of relief: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now says the novel virus “does not spread easily” from "touching surfaces or objects" — but experts warn that doesn’t mean it’s no longer necessary to take "practical and realistic" precautions in stopping the spread of COVID-19.

Though it’s not exactly clear when, the federal health agency appears to have recently changed its guidelines from early March that simply said it “may be possible” to spread the virus from contaminated surfaces. The CDC now includes "surfaces or objects" under a section that details ways in which the coronavirus does not readily transmit.

There's a very intentional reason our great President has and is still calling COVID-Nothing the "invisible enemy" . . . because it's not there, doesn't exist. Even the most infinitesimal organism is "visible" under some degree of magnification. But no level of magnification can show you what was never there to begin with.

There's a very intentional reason our great President has and is still calling COVID-Nothing the "invisible enemy" . . . because it's not there, doesn't exist. Even the most infinitesimal organism is "visible" under some degree of magnification. But no level of magnification can show you what was never there to begin with.
The invisible enemy is The State.

We have a winner . . .

Don't be stupid. Viruses operate at the nanometer level. You certainly won't be able to see them unless you have a microscope handy.

Don't be stupid. Viruses operate at the nanometer level. You certainly won't be able to see them unless you have a microscope handy.

Kids and the public education system these days . . . I want my tax dollars back.

All those hospitals forced to become Mash units in anticipation of a worst case that never came so nobody came and the hospitals are going broke because of no income from their usual procedures.
Serious/critical still at 1.6% of all positive which indicates massive numbers do t know they have it at all and done have it mildly. However, liberals feel those who dont know will spread a fatal case to every person they meet. That fakery fuels the hysteria and helps keep the lockdown in place. I want governors to govern based on totality , not on some nanny state whim to assure I’m “safe”

These worst case fuckers are worthless

We shut the country down for 3 months costing 40 million people their jobs over a fucking virus with a 99% cure rate.

This is a fucking shame.

Big problem with this, and they know it, is the wipe down everything, stay away from everybody-OR DIE is front page news that every frightened liberal takes under their bed with them . Then the correction comes out on page 32.
It’s part of how you create a hoax, a few valid sinister elements blown out of all proportion and manipulated in order to manipulate

"I take NO responsibility at ALL." djt, Early 2020

in FACT, "I blame Obama" djt, Daily.
Sounds awfully familiar. Nothing was Obama's fault either - all Bush all day every day for 8 years.

Seems a pattern for presidents in general.

I think it depends. Is there a good reason, backed by verifiable evidence, to blame something on a specific President? Then blame him. If not, then no.

So The State doesn't exist? :eusa_think:

Forum List

Back