CBS Posts Cropped Video of Adam Toledo Shooting on Twitter, Leaving Gun Out of Frame

He clearly had his hands in the air with no gun in his hands when shot.

And this is the main problem I have with this particular shooting. This is very similar to the Tamir Rice shooting in Cleveland years ago.
Just roll up and fire. The difference here is the kid is complying. And the cop still shot him. So we are actually down to shooting first and
sorting it out later?

Due process. If the cop broke the law, he should be held accountable. Why did Toledo run in the first place?

Doesn't matter why he ran. Lots of people run from the cops. All races, colors, and creed.
The kid dropped the gun, and the cop shot him..in a nanosecond. Fear, anger, and adrenaline
all come together to override common sense. Sorry, not excusable. Same kind of argument
for mistaking a handgun for a taser.

Yep. Fucking tragedy and the cop should get his day in court.

Odd that the cop who killed Ashli Babbitt wont see court.

Sigh...was this kid participating in an open attempt to subvert the government of the...oh for the love of all that's holy, you know where I'm going with this....jeez.
Oh, yeah, and the media isn't responsible for all of the ills. As I understand it, the gun was already on the ground when the cop shot him. Why would it matter
if it was cropped out of the frame? The media already reported he had a gun.

A cop killing a person should always be subject to due process.

Why wouldnt that be the case?

Everyone should. Cops blasting away is the very opposite of Due Process.

And this is the main problem I have with this particular shooting. This is very similar to the Tamir Rice shooting in Cleveland years ago.
Just roll up and fire. The difference here is the kid is complying. And the cop still shot him. So we are actually down to shooting first and
sorting it out later?

Due process. If the cop broke the law, he should be held accountable. Why did Toledo run in the first place?

Doesn't matter why he ran. Lots of people run from the cops. All races, colors, and creed.
The kid dropped the gun, and the cop shot him..in a nanosecond. Fear, anger, and adrenaline
all come together to override common sense. Sorry, not excusable. Same kind of argument

Sigh...was this kid participating in an open attempt to subvert the government of the...oh for the love of all that's holy, you know where I'm going with this....jeez.
Oh, yeah, and the media isn't responsible for all of the ills. As I understand it, the gun was already on the ground when the cop shot him. Why would it matter

when did a cop just blast away,, most all of them have been after the suspect fought back or created a threat,,

sorting it out later?

when did a cop just blast away,, most all of them have been after the suspect fought back or created a threat,,

This kid unarmed was no threat. He was not fighting.

sorting it out later?

he had a gun 1 second before,, and it was dark so the cop had no reasonable proof he dropped it,,

thats not exactly blasting away,,

now if he was shooting while running after him or something like that I could see your point,, but that didnt happen,,

sorting it out later?

he had a gun 1 second before,, and it was dark so the cop had no reasonable proof he dropped it,,

Other than his eyes.

sorting it out later?

Other than his eyes.
thats an armchair cop response,,,

next time youre chasing a person with a gun in a dark alley then you can have a stupid opinion,, until then youre just the retarded kid in the back of the bus,,

sorting it out later?

Other than his eyes.

next time youre chasing a person with a gun in a dark alley then you can have a stupid opinion,, until then youre just the retarded kid in the back of the bus,,

Sure and it's just an armchair response that you don't kneel on a dying man for 9.5 minutes. You don't "mistake" your gun for a taser. You don't lie to obtain a warrant..............etc.

sorting it out later?

Other than his eyes.

disagree all you want,, youre still just the retarded kid having retarded outbursts,,

sorting it out later?

Other than his eyes.

Sure and it's just an armchair response that you don't kneel on a dying man for 9.5 minutes. You don't "mistake" your gun for a taser. You don't like to obtain a warrant..............etc.
I agree with you on those two,, but I am smart enough to know they arent connected and should be judged separately,,,

you not so much,,

sorting it out later?

Other than his eyes.

Sure and it's just an armchair response that you don't kneel on a dying man for 9.5 minutes. You don't "mistake" your gun for a taser. You don't like to obtain a warrant..............etc.

Or worse, you obtain a warrant and go to the wrong location where an innocent, unarmed woman gets shot and killed in her own apartment.

sorting it out later?

Other than his eyes.

Or worse, you obtain a warrant and go to the wrong location where an innocent, unarmed woman gets shot and killed in her own apartment.
why arent you telling the whole story on that one,, the cops were shot at first,,

That is a Leftist LIE.

Even CNN stated there was less than one second between the kid dropping the weapon and the LEO firing his weapon.

The kid was armed and resisting arrest.

It is tragic but this kid's death is not on the LEO.

It's on whoever was suppose to be taken care of him at 2 AM.

sorting it out later?

Other than his eyes.

why arent you telling the whole story on that one,, the cops were shot at first,,

Which likely never happens if the cops hadn't lied to obtain a warrant. But there have been other examples.

Elderly woman killed, baby injured | Prominent cases of no-knock warrants in metro Atlanta

No knock warrants need to end.

sorting it out later?

Other than his eyes.

By a black man carrying a legally purchased and owned firearm who was defending himself because he thought there were people breaking into his apartment...because the cops went to the wrong location!!!
And it wasn't even him who got shot. It was his girlfriend...who was unarmed..in her bedroom.

Not sure what you are reading into the "whole" story here.

sorting it out later?

Other than his eyes.

Which likely never happens if the cops hadn't lied to obtain a warrant. But there have been other examples.

Elderly woman killed, baby injured | Prominent cases of no-knock warrants in metro Atlanta

to a degree I agree they need to end,, but there are some seriously bad people out there that its the only way,, the burden of proof to obtain the warrant should be very high for them,,

sorting it out later?

Other than his eyes.

to a degree I agree they need to end,, but there are some seriously bad people out there that its the only way,, the burden of proof to obtain the warrant should be very high for them,,

While one can argue for their legitimate use when something has been misused this much there will be calls for it to end.

By a black man carrying a legally purchased and owned firearm who was defending himself because he thought there were people breaking into his apartment...because the cops went to the wrong location!!!
And it wasn't even him who got shot. It was his girlfriend...who was unarmed..in her bedroom.

Not sure what you are reading into the "whole" story here.
It wasn't the wrong location.

Her address was listed on the warrent.

You are parroting a Leftist LIE in order to change the narrative of what really happened that night.

sorting it out later?

Other than his eyes.

While one can argue for their legitimate use when something has been misused this much there will be calls for it to end.
and its irresponsible to do that,, better to remain calm and rational and make logical decisions,,

New Topics

Forum List

Back