CBS "Free Speech" sets liberals in a furor...

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
The father of one of the victims at Columbine was on CBS news and given a chance to rant. Needless to say it was very upsetting for liberals. Katie Curic even said his views could be interpreted as 'repugnant'.

Here is the transcript:

(
CBS) I'm saddened and shaken by the shooting at an Amish school today, and last week’s school murders.

When my son Dan was murdered on the sidewalk at Columbine High School on April 20, 1999, I hoped that would be the last school shooting. Since that day, I’ve tried to answer the question, "Why did this happen?"

This country is in a moral free-fall. For over two generations, the public school system has taught in a moral vacuum, expelling God from the school and from the government, replacing him with evolution, where the strong kill the weak, without moral consequences and life has no inherent value.

We teach there are no absolutes, no right or wrong. And I assure you the murder of innocent children is always wrong, including by abortion. Abortion has diminished the value of children.

Suicide has become an acceptable action and has further emboldened these criminals. And we are seeing an epidemic increase in murder-suicide attacks on our children.

Sadly, our schools are not safe. In fact, we now witness that within our schools. Our children have become a target of terrorists from within the United States.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/02/freespeech/main2057062.shtml

He also went on Bill O'Reilly and defended his words. He had found out that the killers said some very disturbing things on their home videos, stuff about this is evolution at work and its time to kill the weak off.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,217953,00.html

I thought questioning the words of anybody who has been a victim of anything was to denegrate their situation, that the words of victims were unimpeachable. Guess it only applies to liberals.

The fact that Couric called it potentially "repugnant", instead of perhaps a calm "some viewers may disagree" says a lot about her and CBS News' religiophopbia.

Quote from the transcript:

This country is in a moral free-fall. For over two generations, the public school system has taught in a moral vacuum, expelling God from the school and from the government, replacing him with evolution, where the strong kill the weak, without moral consequences and life has no inherent value.

I had never really thought through the point in the bolded part. So true and so sad. It all makes sense.

The fact that Couric called it potentially "repugnant", instead of perhaps a calm "some viewers may disagree" says a lot about her and CBS News' religiophopbia.

Quote from the transcript:

I had never really thought through the point in the bolded part. So true and so sad. It all makes sense.

You are right... i never thought about it that way either. And whats disturbing about it is there are a number on the left who do think of it exactly that way. It doesnt matter who they have to sacrifice to get their utopian workers paradise. Let's just hope they never become a majority.

When schools teach that everyone is equal (going beyond equal rights) and then does everything in it's power to equalize every situation by not letting any one child stand out or be recognized as being extraordinary, then how can value be placed upon their lives. When our children are seen as part of a collective.......they lose their identity and it's hard for some to assign value or to even recognize that all life has value and all life is different and deserves to be accepted and recognized for it's contribution to society.

They are being taught that winning is wrong, being superior is wrong, standing up for what is right and moral is wrong and might upset the "have nots".

Public school systems are corrupting our children:thumbdown:

Then feel free to send your child to a parochial or other private school. Free country, right?

Both my grandchildren go to a private school where they are taught to have values, principles and beliefs. They believe in recognizing ability, encouraging it and even celebrating it and not overly concerned about those who think being sepecial should not be rewarded,

Both my grandchildren go to a private school where they are taught to have values, principles and beliefs. They believe in recognizing ability, encouraging it and even celebrating it and not overly concerned about those who think being sepecial should not be rewarded,

I don't disagree with any of the things you're saying. I belive in recognizing ability and rewarding accomplishment. We've had entire discussions about that on this board and I hate when children are taught that just putting pen to paper makes their accomplishments equal with someone who worked hard and was more successful at the task. But that doesn't have anything to do with bringing religion into public schools. Values, principles and beliefs are my purview, not the schools.

I'm also not sure I would use Bill O'Reilly as my moral gauge, either. He's a bit shakey in the morals, values and principles area.

Off back to sleep now...

I don't disagree with any of the things you're saying. I belive in recognizing ability and rewarding accomplishment. We've had entire discussions about that on this board and I hate when children are taught that just putting pen to paper makes their accomplishments equal with someone who worked hard and was more successful at the task. But that doesn't have anything to do with bringing religion into public schools. Values, principles and beliefs are my purview, not the schools.

I'm also not sure I would use Bill O'Reilly as my moral gauge, either. He's a bit shakey in the morals, values and principles area.

Off back to sleep now...

When you wake up I'd like to hear who it is that you think would represent a good moral gauge .

Off back to sleep now...

Who said anything about using Bill O'Reilly as a moral gauge? He is just a man pointing out the lunacy of seculars. How about you stop attacking the man and refute his ideas and opinions.

You are right... i never thought about it that way either. And whats disturbing about it is there are a number on the left who do think of it exactly that way. It doesnt matter who they have to sacrifice to get their utopian workers paradise. Let's just hope they never become a majority.
In the school policies and text books they are not just simply a majority- they have completely taken over.

Religion IS being taught in the public schools... it's just not Christianity. It's okay to explain Islam, do exercises on "understanding" that religion. But no reference to Christianity is to be made, even to the point of stifling individual prayers of students at graduation.

Even here, on the outskirts of the Bible Belt, teens are joining our youth group who have no idea that Christmas has anything to do with the Bible. CHRISTmas. Yet, they celebrate the holiday. I am not saying that kids should be forced to believe in Jesus, but to expunge every reference to Christianity from the culture to the point that kids don't even know the historical implications of a holiday that they celebrate?

Then feel free to send your child to a parochial or other private school. Free country, right?

Give us school vouchers so we can send our tax contributions for school to the school of our choice. After all this is a free country right?

Who said anything about using Bill O'Reilly as a moral gauge? He is just a man pointing out the lunacy of seculars. How about you stop attacking the man and refute his ideas and opinions.

its rather Ironic, she claims to support the same issues yet attacks the guy. why?

There's lunacy on BOTH sides.

Here's an idea. It's an experiment: Let's take two random schools. One will remain as is and the other will have God reintroduced back into it. We'll observe the schools for a maximum of 5 years. At the end of 5 years, we will compare and contrast the schools to see what has or hasn't changed (that is, keeping in mind, we make records of how the God school is before God is reintroduced). Then, we can experiment on a few more schools, so we can have further random sampling, and document what would be best for our schools instead of assuming what is best.

There's lunacy on BOTH sides.

Here's an idea. It's an experiment: Let's take two random schools. One will remain as is and the other will have God reintroduced back into it. We'll observe the schools for a maximum of 5 years. At the end of 5 years, we will compare and contrast the schools to see what has or hasn't changed (that is, keeping in mind, we make records of how the God school is before God is reintroduced). Then, we can experiment on a few more schools, so we can have further random sampling, and document what would be best for our schools instead of assuming what is best.

That would be AWESOME!!!! Love that idea! :)

Forum List

Back