CBO Estimates Biden Plan To Raise Minimum Wage To $15 Could Kill Almost 4 MILLION Jobs

Then they need to get a job or a better business model.

No, that is the business model. Most small businesses close up within five years, so opening a business is a huge risk. If the government makes it to the point where nobody can survive opening up a business, then everything will be run by billion dollar corporations, and then you'll be complaining how they have all the money and you don't.

If they could do it on their own they would not have cut into their own profit margin by hiring someone else in the first place. If you cant afford to pay your workers a decent wage you have no right to be in business.

It's called competition, ever hear of it before?
The $15 an hour rule is called an expense. You ever hear of that before?

Sure. To make that wage you work your way up from the bottom at minimum wage. You get experience to earn that wage. Who wants to pay a newbie what you are paying your experienced workers. That's just nuts.
People that can afford to be in business should have zero problems paying a starting minimum wage of $15. If you cant then you didnt draft a good business plan.

CBO Estimates Biden Plan To Raise
Minimum Wage To $15 Could Kill
Almost 4 Million Jobs

The 1st Democrat Lockdowns eliminated 46% of all black-owned, 34% of all Latino-owned, 32% of all Asian-owned, and 25% of all Women-owned small businesses.

How do the Democrats 'top' that, besides the 2nd round of minority-owned business destroying lockdowns under affect?

"Hundreds of thousands of businesses across the country are teetering on the brink of destruction because of the lock downs associated with the coronavirus pandemic.

What does Joe Biden want to do? Make it harder for them to stay in business. The last thing these business owners need is an increase in the minimum wage."

"The Congressional Budget Office says this would kill jobs. Millions of them."

For the record, Biden didn't inherit any of this shit - except all the minority-owned businesses killed off by / from his fellow Democrats. What happens to the remaining minority small business owners and those remaining Americans who do have jobs is now all on President Biden and HIS policies of 'economic slavery', the 'Mandated $15-an-hour wage being the 1st.

Snowflakes, of course, will not agree that what happens as a result of his 'edict' will be Biden's - they will still try to blame President Trump....but President Trump did not impose this job/business destroying edict in the mids of a pandemic and Democrat lockdowns.

It's all on YOU now, CCP Joe.

Did Seattle lose jobs when a $15 minimum wage was put into effect?

Then they need to get a job or a better business model.

No, that is the business model. Most small businesses close up within five years, so opening a business is a huge risk. If the government makes it to the point where nobody can survive opening up a business, then everything will be run by billion dollar corporations, and then you'll be complaining how they have all the money and you don't.
Theres the problem with your understanding. You think no one will be able to open a business.

There won't be plenty of jobs at $15 an hour. Places like McDonald's will pay it but the price of your burger and fries will go way up.

Places like McDonald's are different. A McDonald's restaurant sells 900 burgers a day, 700 french fries, 1200 beverages, so their loss is divided wide enough for there not to be much difference. But Bob at Bob's hardware store doesn't sell 800 hammers a day or 400 cordless drills. John doesn't wash 900 cars a day at John's car wash. It's the little guy who will really take the hit.

He's only doing federal workers.

Oh brother. Where did you get that?? Not in the Ops post.

Oh and Fed workers are payed with our hard earned tax dollars. You want to pay some newbie $15 bucks and hour. Then pay it on your job site.
I can tell you have not been in the min wage job arena lately many places already pay far more than seven bucks an hour. I don't know of any one that would work for seven dollars an hour.

Uhhhhhh.....then why raise the minimum wage?

Theres the problem with your understanding. You think no one will be able to open a business.

There may be, but only people who are already wealthy. What about the little guy who wants to own his own business? Don't you care about him or her? How many wealthy black people will open up a small business?

Oh and Fed workers are payed with our hard earned tax dollars. You want to pay some newbie $15 bucks and hour. Then pay it on your job site.
I can tell you have not been in the min wage job arena lately many places already pay far more than seven bucks an hour. I don't know of any one that would work for seven dollars an hour.

Uhhhhhh.....then why raise the minimum wage?
Because paying someone below that keeps them in poverty.

There may be, but only people who are already wealthy. What about the little guy who wants to own his own business? Don't you care about him or her? How many wealthy black people will open up a small business?
Not true. The little guy that wants to own his business should be smart enough to know he can claim a deduction for wages paid out. If he doesn't then he didnt do his homework.

All the businesses that have failed have failed directly due to that incompetent fuckup Dump pretending the virus was not a big deal.
You have got to be the dumbest person on this board or the biggest liar. After all the irrefutable evidence, experts, testimony, and links proving otherwise, attempting to provide any more to you would be like casting pearls before swine, a complete waste of time.

Thank you for self-identifying as one of those snowflake morons who just post lies and stupid shit like this to get a rise out of others. Me? I ignore morons and gas-lighters like you.

Hey, my State just went to $15 an hour minimum wage and I can see many small businesses closing. None of them can afford to pay that much and the larger companies will just pass the cost onto the consumer. Not a good idea at all.
Someone will take their place if they cant afford to keep doing business. Its real simple.

If that's what you believe you're really that simple.

All the businesses that have failed have failed directly due to that incompetent fuckup Dump pretending the virus was not a big deal.
You have got to be the dumbest person on this board or the biggest liar. After all the irrefutable evidence, experts, testimony, and links proving otherwise, attempting to provide any more to you would be like casting pearls before swine, a complete waste of time.

Thank you for self-identifying as one of those snowflake morons who just post lies and stupid shit like this to get a rise out of others. Me? I ignore morons and gas-lighters like you.
" After all the irrefutable evidence, experts, testimony, and links proving otherwise, attempting to provide any more to you would be like casting pearls before swine, a complete waste of time. "

Biden should have said the same thing when you claimed he rigged the election.

Hey, my State just went to $15 an hour minimum wage and I can see many small businesses closing. None of them can afford to pay that much and the larger companies will just pass the cost onto the consumer. Not a good idea at all.
Someone will take their place if they cant afford to keep doing business. Its real simple.

True genius is the ability to keep things simple. People that have little to no clue about things try to make it complex in order to fool others and disguise the fact that they dont know what they are talking about.

Not true. The little guy that wants to own his business should be smart enough to know he can claim a deduction for wages paid out. If he doesn't then he didnt do his homework.

You need to talk to some small business owners. I've worked for small business nearly my entire life. I have family members who own small businesses. It's not what you think. They became successful by saving every dime they could, beg borrowed or stole, took huge risks and opened up their business with every last dime they could scrape up.

Deductions are not what most people think they are. Trust me, I have hundreds every year. The government does not reimburse you for every dime paid out to your business.

And you don't think workers will be cut?

A mandated $15-an-hourminimum wage plus military defense spending cuts mean extremely valuable military contractors will be cut. The military and nation will be weakened and made less safe.
The CBO actually said it can be as few as zero jobs lost and as many as 3.7 million....median 1.3 million.....still better than the 4 million net job loss during the Trump years....

" Dozens of Democratic-held cities and states have increased the minimum wage floor over the years, well above the current federal minimum of $7.25 an hour. Recent research suggests the worst-feared consequences of minimum wage hikes did not come to pass: Employment did not decrease in places where wages went up, and there was actually a residually positive effect on wages for other lower-income workers. "

How come I never see you Trumpers advocating for lowering minimum wage to $2.00 because of how many $2.00 paying jobs it will create...

You need to talk to some small business owners. I've worked for small business nearly my entire life. I have family members who own small businesses. It's not what you think. They became successful by saving every dime they could, beg borrowed or stole, took huge risks and opened up their business with every last dime they could scrape up.

Deductions are not what most people think they are. Trust me, I have hundreds every year. The government does not reimburse you for every dime paid out to your business.
I had a small business for about 2 decades. Most of my friends own small businesses. The system is created so business owners can prosper.

Post the data -- because anecdotes are not evidence...

If they could do it on their own they would not have cut into their own profit margin by hiring someone else in the first place. If you cant afford to pay your workers a decent wage you have no right to be in business.

It's called competition, ever hear of it before?

Why yes , I have heard of competion. Businesses are competing for labor,hence paying more than minimum wage. Didnt need the government to make them do it Einstein.

True genius is the ability to keep things simple. People that have little to no clue about things try to make it complex in order to fool others and disguise the fact that they dont know what they are talking about.

Yes, you clearly are a true genuis.

And you don't think workers will be cut?

A mandated $15-an-hourminimum wage plus military defense spending cuts mean extremely valuable military contractors will be cut. The military and nation will be weakened and made less safe.
The CBO actually said it can be as few as zero jobs lost and as many as 3.7 million....median 1.3 million.....still better than the 4 million net job loss during the Trump years....

" Dozens of Democratic-held cities and states have increased the minimum wage floor over the years, well above the current federal minimum of $7.25 an hour. Recent research suggests the worst-feared consequences of minimum wage hikes did not come to pass: Employment did not decrease in places where wages went up, and there was actually a residually positive effect on wages for other lower-income workers. "

How come I never see you Trumpers advocating for lowering minimum wage to $2.00 because of how many $2.00 paying jobs it will create...
What they wont tell you is that those lost jobs will be recovered when new businesses take the place of the vast majority of lost jobs.

I had a small business for about 2 decades. Most of my friends own small businesses. The system is created so business owners can prosper.

Wait a minute: You had a small business for 2 decades and have many friends that also have small businesses, and you don't even know how they work yet?

New Topics

Forum List

Back