CBO Estimates Biden Plan To Raise Minimum Wage To $15 Could Kill Almost 4 MILLION Jobs

If they could do it on their own they would not have cut into their own profit margin by hiring someone else in the first place. If you cant afford to pay your workers a decent wage you have no right to be in business.

It's called competition, ever hear of it before?

In the last 8 months I have yet to have Pizza Hut deliver a correct order or go through a 'fast food' drive-through and be handed a bag containing a correct order....and now these idiots are going to be paid $15 an hour?

The salary will be made up by passing on the cost to the consumer - which I will NOT be paying and through those 4 million lost jobs.

While stationed in Japan (12 years ago) I paid $6 for a Big Mac. The burger came out looking exactly like the photo - big golden sesame bun, fluffy green lettuce, etc... My last burger I bought here looked like it had been sat on, I bit into pickles I asked be left off, and I paid over $5 for it.

No more...especially when prices go up and I am given another burger mistakenly made that looks like it has been sat on...again.

He's only doing federal workers.
And you don't think workers will be cut?

A mandated $15-an-hourminimum wage plus military defense spending cuts mean extremely valuable military contractors will be cut. The military and nation will be weakened and made less safe.
Stop whining. Why are you so terrified of your shadow? The military and the nation will be fine.
I have type several times on the growing Chinese threat. Yeah we have an advantage in many ways now. Not all. in a few years they will be very formidable and with the ability to keep building military hardware. A new naval ship every several weeks right now. This with sweat shop labor building things to sell to us. See the conundrum. That means they will get uppity. And since the virus comes from there, they do not care. So a conventional fight with much of our hardware destroyed with no ability to replace it fast would mean capitulation or a step up to nuclear war. Nations do not give up their supremacy so easy. And China is next on the Boss of the World list. The isolation that has protected us with two great oceans has lulled us to sleep with massive social justice and massive social programs that have massive corruption built in to them. The cost of military hardware is several times then the comparable Chinese one. And rising. A few years maybe five or so and China can start flexing the muscles for real. Twenty years or a few more and they take over economically with the world's reserve currency given to them. That is unless the globalism government is the boss or Chin is in cahoots with them.

Someone will take their place if they cant afford to keep doing business. Its real simple.

How can anybody afford to open a business with wages that high? You do realize that employee pay is only one expense of having an employee, don't you?
This is correct. If you cant afford to pay a living wage you cant afford to open a business.

Sure you can. It's very common in startup businesses. Many employers don't see a profit for the first couple of years. Everything they make goes right back into the business and to put food on their own table.

If they could do it on their own they would not have cut into their own profit margin by hiring someone else in the first place. If you cant afford to pay your workers a decent wage you have no right to be in business.

The $15 an hour rule is called an expense. You ever hear of that before?

Someone will take their place if they cant afford to keep doing business. Its real simple.

How can anybody afford to open a business with wages that high? You do realize that employee pay is only one expense of having an employee, don't you?
This is correct. If you cant afford to pay a living wage you cant afford to open a business.

The Koreans that you have to buy from get around this by hiring family members.

Oh brother. Where did you get that?? Not in the Ops post.

Oh and Fed workers are payed with our hard earned tax dollars. You want to pay some newbie $15 bucks and hour. Then pay it on your job site.
I can tell you have not been in the min wage job arena lately many places already pay far more than seven bucks an hour. I don't know of any one that would work for seven dollars an hour.

Hey, my State just went to $15 an hour minimum wage and I can see many small businesses closing. None of them can afford to pay that much and the larger companies will just pass the cost onto the consumer. Not a good idea at all.

Sure if they work on their own. They won't be able to hire anyone, not at that wage.

Not a good idea and it will cost jobs and businesses.

There will be far less jobs and anyone in business will just have to handle things on their own.

Your last statement is for the birds.

Businesses have been hiring at minimum wage since it came about. They are concerned with their bottom line and paying your help $15 an hour sure won't help your bottom line. In fact you would have to close up. Less jobs.

Sure you can. It's very common in startup businesses. Many employers don't see a profit for the first couple of years. Everything they make goes right back into the business and to put food on their own table.
If they cant put food on their tables paying someone $15 and hour they need to get a job themselves.

Thats a smart move. Now youre catching on.

The $15 an hour rule is called an expense. You ever hear of that before?

Sure. To make that wage you work your way up from the bottom at minimum wage. You get experience to earn that wage. Who wants to pay a newbie what you are paying your experienced workers. That's just nuts.

Approximately half of all minority-owned businesses have collapsed / gone under due to job/business-destroying lockdowns...and in the middle of their continued shit-storm of already failed policies they pump out another one guaranteed to destroy - according to the CBO - up to 4 Million more jobs and drive a stake through the heart of more minority-owned businesses...

...but hey, at least Speaker Pelosi still has her mansion with her $25k freezer filled with several expensive gourmet ice creams she can eat while she ignores the cries of the business owners she and her party screwed over.

Oh and Fed workers are payed with our hard earned tax dollars. You want to pay some newbie $15 bucks and hour. Then pay it on your job site.
I can tell you have not been in the min wage job arena lately many places already pay far more than seven bucks an hour. I don't know of any one that would work for seven dollars an hour.

Hey, my State just went to $15 an hour minimum wage and I can see many small businesses closing. None of them can afford to pay that much and the larger companies will just pass the cost onto the consumer. Not a good idea at all.

Sure if they work on their own. They won't be able to hire anyone, not at that wage.

There will be far less jobs and anyone in business will just have to handle things on their own.

Businesses have been hiring at minimum wage since it came about. They are concerned with their bottom line and paying your help $15 an hour sure won't help your bottom line. In fact you would have to close up. Less jobs.
Its a silly mindset. Theres a quote out there that might help you employee for life types. Goes something like this....

"If you dont follow your dream someone will hire you to obtain theirs."

This whole thing with jobs is just a fear tactic. There will always be plenty of jobs.

Unfortunately for them, most small business owners can't do this.

Approximately half of all minority-owned businesses have collapsed / gone under due to job/business-destroying lockdowns...and in the middle of their continued shit-storm of already failed policies they pump out another one guaranteed to destroy - according to the CBO - up to 4 Million more jobs and drive a stake through the heart of more minority-owned businesses...

...but hey, at least Speaker Pelosi still has her mansion with her $25k freezer filled with several expensive gourmet ice creams she can eat while she ignores the cries of the business owners she and her party screwed over.
All the businesses that have failed have failed directly due to that incompetent fuckup Dump pretending the virus was not a big deal.

Unfortunately for them, most small business owners can't do this.
Then they need to get a job or a better business model.

Its a silly mindset. Theres a quote out there that might help you employee for life types. Goes something like this....

This whole thing with jobs is just a fear tactic. There will always be plenty of jobs.

The CBO sure doesn't think so and I'd say they know their business.

There won't be plenty of jobs at $15 an hour. Places like McDonald's will pay it but the price of your burger and fries will go way up.

There won't be plenty of jobs at $15 an hour. Places like McDonald's will pay it but the price of your burger and fries will go way up.
McDonalds already pays $15 an hour. Their food is not very healthy and it hasnt gone up.

Is the price of their burgers the same as it was in 2009 the last time federal min. wage was raised?

Forum List

Back