CBC Hits Dem Leadership For Discriminating Against Blacks By Focusing On Middle Class…

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
CBC-@-550x366.jpg

Things I learned today: Middle class = White people.

Via Roll Call:

The Congressional Black Caucus is still getting up and running for the 114th Congress — it announced its staff Monday — but its new chairman sees an urgency for an organization that has long been known to represent the interests of minorities and the poor.

“We have a traditional role and that is to be the conscience of the Congress,” Rep. G.K. Butterfield, D-N.C., told CQ Roll Call on Feb. 20. “We’ve been using ‘conscience of the Congress’ as our brand, if you will, since our founding. But we’ve got to do more than that because black America is in a state of emergency right now.”

Butterfield noted that 1 in 4 black families — and 1 in 3 black children — live in poverty, while the unemployment rate for African-Americans is roughly double that for whites.

“We cannot continue down this path,” the North Carolina Democrat said. “We have to be assertive. We have to be more aggressive.”

Asked about the Democratic Party’s new messaging focus on the middle class, Butterfield said that was a concern he had raised with Democratic leadership.

“We cannot forget that so many of our families are not middle class,” he said.

That new focus — obsession almost — on the middle class has many in the CBC concerned their constituencies may be left behind.

During the Democratic retreat in Philadelphia at the end of January, Butterfield’s predecessor at the CBC, Marcia L. Fudge of Ohio, told CQ Roll Call she had some apprehension about the party’s new message.

“I’ve always said that, as a party, we don’t talk enough about the poor,” Fudge said. “I do believe we need to talk more about how we lift people out of poverty.”

Fudge added that, while the middle class is important, she wouldn’t call it the middle class. “You’re talking about working families. I don’t believe in classes,” she said. “But I certainly do believe that we need to spend some time and attention on getting people out of poverty.”

But, but, we have a black president. Why isn't he helping his own people? Why isn't he helping his own brother, for that matter?

CBC-@-550x366.jpg

Via Roll Call:

The Congressional Black Caucus is still getting up and running for the 114th Congress — it announced its staff Monday — but its new chairman sees an urgency for an organization that has long been known to represent the interests of minorities and the poor.

“We have a traditional role and that is to be the conscience of the Congress,” Rep. G.K. Butterfield, D-N.C., told CQ Roll Call on Feb. 20. “We’ve been using ‘conscience of the Congress’ as our brand, if you will, since our founding. But we’ve got to do more than that because black America is in a state of emergency right now.”

Butterfield noted that 1 in 4 black families — and 1 in 3 black children — live in poverty, while the unemployment rate for African-Americans is roughly double that for whites.

“We cannot continue down this path,” the North Carolina Democrat said. “We have to be assertive. We have to be more aggressive.”

Asked about the Democratic Party’s new messaging focus on the middle class, Butterfield said that was a concern he had raised with Democratic leadership.

That new focus — obsession almost — on the middle class has many in the CBC concerned their constituencies may be left behind.

During the Democratic retreat in Philadelphia at the end of January, Butterfield’s predecessor at the CBC, Marcia L. Fudge of Ohio, told CQ Roll Call she had some apprehension about the party’s new message.

“I’ve always said that, as a party, we don’t talk enough about the poor,” Fudge said. “I do believe we need to talk more about how we lift people out of poverty.”

Fudge added that, while the middle class is important, she wouldn’t call it the middle class. “You’re talking about working families. I don’t believe in classes,” she said. “But I certainly do believe that we need to spend some time and attention on getting people out of poverty.”

Things you are still ignorant of today...no one said middle class=whites...

CBC-@-550x366.jpg

Via Roll Call:

Thats the obvious implication of the CBC's statements. Focus on middle class means neglecting blacks. As though blacks arent middle class.
But this is all good. The more the black wing of the Democrats feels ignored, the more they're going to sit home election day.

CBC-@-550x366.jpg

Via Roll Call:

Thats the obvious implication of the CBC's statements. Focus on middle class means neglecting blacks. As though blacks arent middle class.
But this is all good. The more the black wing of the Democrats feels ignored, the more they're going to sit home election day.
Actually your lack of reading comprehension is alarming...lol.

The implication ( for those that can read) is that by focusing on BLACK MIDDLE CLASS FAMILIES, poor Black families will fall to the wayside...

When you divide people into little groups via Identity Politics, it's inevitable that you'll see this kind of thing.

Is your assertion that this practice started with the CBC or Black people????
It started with the hardcore Left, the PC Police, who recognize the political advantage of dividing people into grievance groups.

When you divide people into little groups via Identity Politics, it's inevitable that you'll see this kind of thing.

It started with the hardcore Left, the PC Police.

Then you have posted your ignorance for the world to witness...
Great, thanks.

You folks always get so defensive and personal, which shows me I'm correct.

Great, thanks.

No, you are factually incorrect, don't be content to wallow in ignorance...

Great, thanks.

No, you are factually incorrect, don't be content to wallow in ignorance...
Okie dokie.

Benjamin Ryan Tillman (born Benjamin Ryan Tillman, Jr.; August 11, 1847 – July 3, 1918), was an American politician of the Democratic Party who was Governor of South Carolina from 1890 to 1894, and a United States Senator from 1895 until his death. A white supremacist who often spoke out against blacks, Tillman led a paramilitary group of Red Shirts during South Carolina's violent 1876 election. On the floor of the U.S. Senate, he frequently ridiculed blacks, and boasted of having helped to kill them during that campaign.

In 1873, two Edgefield lawyers and former Confederate generals, Martin Gary and Matthew C. Butler, began to advocate what became known as the "Edgefield Plan" or "Straightout Plan". They believed that the previous five years had shown it was not possible to outvote African Americans. Gary and Butler deemed compromises with black leaders to be misguided; they felt white men must be restored to their antebellum position of preeminent political power in the state. They proposed that white men form clandestine paramilitary organizations—known as "rifle clubs"—and use force and intimidation to drive the African American from power. Tillman was an early and enthusiastic recruit for his local organization, dubbed the Sweetwater Sabre Club,[16][17][18] He became a devoted protégé of Gary.[2]

From 1873 to 1876, Tillman served as a member of the Sweetwater club, members of which assaulted and intimidated black would-be voters, killed black political figures, and carried on a minor war with the African-American dominated state militia.[2] Economic coercion was used as well as physical force: most Edgefield planters would not employ black militiamen or allow them to rent land, and ostracized whites who did.[19]

Tillman later recalled that "the leading white men of Edgefield" had decided "to seize the first opportunity that the Negroes might offer them to provoke a riot and teach the Negroes a lesson" by "having the whites demonstrate their superiority by killing as many of them as was justifiable"

The fracas with McLaurin caused President Theodore Roosevelt, who had succeeded the assassinated McKinley in 1901, to withdraw an invitation to dinner at the White House. Tillman never forgave this slight, and became a bitter enemy of Roosevelt,[2] Tillman was inclined to oppose Roosevelt anyway, who soon after becoming president had dined at the White House with Booker T. Washington, an African American, provoking Tillman to say, "the action of President Roosevelt in entertaining that nig-ger will necessitate our killing a thousand nig-gers in the South before they learn their place again.”

Look at the date...I doubt Black people had anything to do with these instances of "identity politics..."

CBC-@-550x366.jpg

Via Roll Call:

The implication ( for those that can read) is that by focusing on BLACK MIDDLE CLASS FAMILIES, poor Black families will fall to the wayside...
They do not mention middle class black families. Their constituency, as they see it, are poor black families. And they'll do everything they can to keep them that way.

CBC-@-550x366.jpg

Via Roll Call:

They do not mention middle class black families. Their constituency, as they see it, are poor black families. And they'll do everything they can to keep them that way.

So it's your assertion that they are talking about:

"But we’ve got to do more than that because black America is in a state of emergency right now.”

But not middle class Black families??...oh okay....

New Topics

Forum List

Back