Zone1 Catholics: Unfortunately the Society of St Pius X "branch" of the Catholic Church is also in error

Can you offer a definition to us uninitiated folk?
A person who believes in Jesus and follows his teachings.

Specifically, one who believes Jesus is the son of God, believes that sins are forgiven, and follows Jesus' instruction to discern the will of God and to follow it.

A person who believes in Jesus and follows his teachings.

Specifically, one who believes Jesus is the son of God, believes that sins are forgiven, and follows Jesus' instruction to discern the will of God and to follow it.
So all these groups are Christian:
  • Catholics
  • Mainstream Protestants (e.g., Lutherans, Baptists, etc.)
  • Anabaptists
  • Eastern Orthodox
  • Jehovah's Witnesses
  • Mormons
  • Branch Dividians
  • Gnostics and other early 'heretical' churches

• Catholics
  • Anabaptists
  • Eastern Orthodox
  • Jehovah's Witnesses
  • Mormons
  • Branch Dividians
Sure. However it goes without saying that not all Christians are Catholic...Gnostic (or everything in between).

Can you offer a definition to us uninitiated folk?
A Christian is someone who has placed their faith in Jesus Christ, who have confessed and repented of their sin, and who are living in relationship with Him. It has nothing to do with membership in an organization, what Grandma did in her life, living in this country but not that one, none of that.

• Catholics
  • Anabaptists
  • Eastern Orthodox
  • Jehovah's Witnesses
  • Mormons
  • Branch Dividians
This is why I say Christ's Church is not confined to a man-made denomination, but is found everywhere, in all walks of life. You do have to be careful, though, when it comes to groups that deny Jesus as Lord but claim to be Christian. You cannot be a Christian if you deny Him.

I found the following at Novus Ordo Watch, which has the great habit or tradition of quoting.. go figure..

past popes, some of them canonized saints like St Pius X (and for whom the SSPX was named).

OK, so at that site we see how WRONG the SSPX are to accept the authority of the modern popes (all those after Pius XII) while at the same time resisting him, rejecting his bizarre teachings (yes, I know, Francis's teachings are not ex cathedra... That doesn't matter here).

The SSPX call it Recognize and Resist. But NOW (novus ordo watch) blows that position out of the water with.. again, quotes from past popes (the pre-Vatican II-non-heretical-Council popes).

Which group do YOU trust?

NOW calls this position "having your pope and beating him too" LOL

Pope Leo XIII who had one of the longest pontificates in history (1878-1903) put forth the truly Catholic position RE the authority of the pope and the local bishops, and the proper respect and submission that the faithful are required to render them--since they speak for Christ: "He who hears you, hears Me." ---Jesus

The SSPX.. .out of ignorance as to how illogical they are (in disagreeing w/ the saintly pope Leo XIII by not submitting to "Pope" Francis's teachings, yet at the same time not going so far as to hold that F is not a true pope), are in schism.

If the TRUE pope is infallible as per traditional Church teaching (my thoughts here), and someone who purports to be pope comes along and teaches falsity, it just stands to reason that he is not a true pope despite all appearances to the contrary. This paragraph is mostly my own thought, not speaking for NOW except that NOW is what got me thinking about all this..

So in other words, all those Catholics who resist and reject "pope" Francis's teachings, yet hold that the novus ordo Church is still the same Church we had for 1960 + years before the heretical Vatican II (but few Catholics call it that) should (NOW words)

"get off the fence!"

Short question: What is your religion or denomination?

Sedevacantists are the true Catholics

who lost the Vatican in 1958

What a nonsense. You are an anti-Catholic who drinks a poisoned cocktail in the hope all Catholics will die. And many Catholics wonder why people are doing so.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back