Catholics are the original true Christians

Protestants are off shoots

I believe you are correct.

The question would be "What is her point?"

Well, what's your point?

This does remind me of when my ex dragged me to a Protestant theistic congregation during which was discussed the differences between Catholicism and the Protestant faith.

I was right on it. All very respectful and accomodating mind you.

But ginbrain is correct- offshoots.

Last edited:
so the protestants are frauds

about time they became the minority

I could never name the head of any prot faith

for the Roman Cathoic Church - its the Pope

What makes them more fraudulent than the Catholics? Just asking.

And while I am not protestant, I would find it completely easy for anyone to name the head of my faith - Jesus Christ.

Really? Funny I don't remeber reading anything about any "Catholics" in the book of Acts, which gives us the history of the Christian church, not to mention the fact that Catholic dogma, doctrine and theology is either directly contridicted by, or directly contridicts, the Word of God, which is the guide book for Christianity, more times than can be counted. The papist church of Rome was not just an offshoot, it was an aspostate offshoot, the reformation was a return to the truths of Christianity, it was taking back the Bride of Christ from the demons that had hijacked the Lord's simple messages of Sola scrpitura and Grace alone through faith alone. No need for some dude sitting in his magic chair and telling the world that because he sat in his magic chair his words supersede the Word of God.

Last edited:
Does the poster mean to imply Roman Catholicism is the 'original'? That is, of course, by simple definition absurd, an oxymoron.

I believe you are correct.

The question would be "What is her point?"

Well, what's your point?

This does remind me of when my ex dragged me to a Protestant theistic congregation during which was discussed the differences between Catholicism and the Protestant faith.

I was right on it. All very respectful and accomodating mind you.

But ginbrain is correct- offshoots.

yes... but that shouldn't make one church "true" and another not so.

Catholics are the orig Christians

That's debateable as the early Church looked nothing like the medeival Church.

But more accurately, one could simply say that Catholicism is an offshoot from Judaism. The age doesnt really indicate the truthfulness of the religion.

Really? Funny I don't remeber reading anything about any "Catholics" in the book of Acts, which gives us the history of the Christian church, not to mention the fact that Catholic dogma, doctrine and theology is either directly contridicted by, or directly contridicts, the Word of God, which is the guide book for Christianity, more times than can be counted. The papist church of Rome was not just an offshoot, it was an aspostate offshoot, the reformation was a return to the truths of Christianity, it was taking back the Bride of Christ from the demons that had hijacked the Lord's simple messages of Sola scrpitura and Grace alone through faith alone. No need for some dude sitting in his magic chair and telling the world that because he sat in his magic chair his words supersede the Word of God.

The only problem with that is since when does man have authority to reform God's Church?

Nope. Catholics misinterpreted what Jesus told Peter. Peter was not the first pope and the catholic church was not what Jesus was talking about.

The oldest Christian religion are the Copts who predate the Catholics by several hundred years. The Greek Orthodox Church predates Catholicism too.

Forum List

Back