Catholics are not Chrstians, they believe in the false Gospel of good works?

Catholics are not Christians. You have believed a false gospel of "good works" and are not a believer in Christ in the biblical sense.

I dont believe in good works. You mistake that what is actually taught. I believe in grace of Jesus Christ, in grace of God. Jesus died on the cross to save us from sin, without him there is no way to heaven. But Catholics believe you are not neccesarily saved once you accept Jesus or get baptised, but that is a continuous process, because the path is small and only a few will enter. Everyone knows someone who accepts Jesus but then stops being Christian, or gets mislead on a another path. And there is much in the Bible that only accepting Jesus without living a saintly life wont make you saved, Jesus compares us to the salt of the earth, once there is no salt the meal is not good, Jesus compares to the light of the sun, that we need to shine, for the rest of humanity, we believers must shine. Also the Bible says "You believe but so do the demons and they tremble, faith without good deeds is dead". But Catholics do not believe that good deeds can save you and that you cannot be saved without Jesus.
So what happens to Catholics. Do they go straight to Hell?

What if Catholics are right. Do Protestants go straight to Hell?

Are the differences between Catholics and Protestants so serious that Jesus will only accept those who are on the right team?

How about Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc.

I consider myself to be Christian but am not tied to any particular denomination. The questions above are items I have often wondered about.

So what happens to Catholics. Do they go straight to Hell?

What if Catholics are right. Do Protestants go straight to Hell?

Are the differences between Catholics and Protestants so serious that Jesus will only accept those who are on the right team?

How about Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc.

I consider myself to be Christian but am not tied to any particular denomination. The questions above are items I have often wondered about.
Eternal life is a gift, just like our present life is a gift. There was not one thing any of us had to do to "earn" the our right to birth. It was given us. Eternal life is such a given. Not a thing any of us can do to create life eternal. All we can do is appreciate and make good use of the gift we were given.

One of my favorite teachers (a Catholic nun) explained it this way. Eternal life will fill us to capacity. The question is whether with our gifts and talents we build someone who has the capacity of a thimble or the capacity of an oak barrel. Note, each will be filled to the brim with joy--so much so they cannot hold one more drop. There is no shame in being a thimble, nothing to boast about being an oak barrel (too filled with joy to boast). No one will be empty, no one will be wanting--all by the grace of God. Just, with the help of God, build the best possible you, she told us. Heaven will take care of itself. It is already there--without you lifting a finger. It is here on earth that your help is needed and appreciated.

Catholics are not Christians. You have believed a false gospel of "good works" and are not a believer in Christ in the biblical sense.

I dont believe in good works. You mistake that what is actually taught. I believe in grace of Jesus Christ, in grace of God. Jesus died on the cross to save us from sin, without him there is no way to heaven. But Catholics believe you are not neccesarily saved once you accept Jesus or get baptised, but that is a continuous process, because the path is small and only a few will enter. Everyone knows someone who accepts Jesus but then stops being Christian, or gets mislead on a another path. And there is much in the Bible that only accepting Jesus without living a saintly life wont make you saved, Jesus compares us to the salt of the earth, once there is no salt the meal is not good, Jesus compares to the light of the sun, that we need to shine, for the rest of humanity, we believers must shine. Also the Bible says "You believe but so do the demons and they tremble, faith without good deeds is dead". But Catholics do not believe that good deeds can save you and that you cannot be saved without Jesus.
We Catholics gave The world the bible! And are you going to say Jim Caviezel isn't a Christian? The man is a saint!

We cannot be save ourselves by our works alone but Jesus will save us by his grace if we abound in good works.

2 Corinthians 9:8​

8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Ephesians 2:8-10
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

James 2:19-26

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

The works don't save us but without works your faith is dead and by grace ye are saved through faith. Jesus grants his grace to those who perform good works of faith.

shows what u know..

I have been Catholic for decades... was baptized Catholic

we do nt believe works get you to heaven, only that, as James says, you have to do good deeds to get to Heaven.. may sound the same but it is not.. GRACE gets u to Heaven and if you only live for youself and don'tdo good for others, you will NOT have grace and not make it... Mt 2531

I was very dissapointed the day when the Catholic church agreed with Martin Luther that only the grace of god saves us - although this is true. Without the help of god nothing works. The problem: Wrong interpretations! God is always doing more than enough to help us. To try every day to do a good deed - on no special reason and without to expect any reward - is never the wrong way.
They did?

LOLOL.. Who do you think you are, Mortimer?

Nicht Verstein was diese drei madchen sind singen.

Aber, Ich weise das Katolica sind unter Edom.

Don't know what those gals were singing, but I know that Catholics are under Edom, and so are most other folks who call themselves Christians. Furthermore,
there was no Jesus, no Jews, No Judah until the Vatican invented the letter 'J'.

As for Grace, it is given so that good works can abound. Without good works, nothing is left but bad works.

Last edited:
He became the author of eternal salvation unto all those who "obey" Him.
Yep and that means those who do good deeds and keep his commandments. John 15:14 says to be a friend of Jesus, we must keep his commandments. That includes acts of good work like loving our neighbors and doing good to those who despise you as well. Paul believed the people put the ordinances above the Lord's faith. And, that is what Paul was talking about. It's the Lord who establishes the ordinances. James's "works" includes doing the ordinances as long as it was to bless others with faith in Jesus Christ. So many churches teach that once you accept Jesus Christ, you cannot sin. That's silly. We sin every day and have need to repent every day.

For some reason, non-Catholics like to accuse Catholics of trying to "earn" their way to heaven. What nonsense. Jesus taught The Way, a way of living that is 'eternal life' and it begins right here on earth. It has nothing to do with "earning" and everything to do with a way of walking, a way of living. The blessings of this way are also in the present, and continue in the afterlife.

It has always puzzled me that so many non-Catholic Christian denominations have such separation between this life and the after life, about believing in Jesus and following Jesus and his ways. Jesus fed the hungry, he visited people, he healed them. Why do non-Catholic Christians take a position of simply watching Jesus and get hysterical with Catholics who actually follow Jesus, emulating him, doing as he did? We are not waiting for death to have eternal life--it is ours now. This is not something we "earn" is is simply what we do.

Jesus called for action. We are not to bury what has been given to us and do nothing. Recall what he said about judgement.

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’ He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’

l And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Matthew 28:19-20, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, BAPTIZING them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. If Jesus says it, it's good enough for me that we must be baptized by water and the spirit. So, Good works also includes ordinances for salvation and exaltation. We baptize for the remission of our sins. The Sacrament each week helps us remember our covenants we made at baptism and to renew our repentance for the preceding week. More ordinance work for the betterment of our neighbors, good works.

Mort, I am confused. Your 5th sentence and your last sentence seem to contradict each other. The other thing I am confused about is that you have been totally engrossed in the Catholic faith for a while now, so pointing out incorrect Catholic beliefs is a bit odd for you.
i am alsomconfused

Forum List

Back