What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catholics are not Chrstians, they believe in the false Gospel of good works?

Batcat

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Catholics are not Christians. You have believed a false gospel of "good works" and are not a believer in Christ in the biblical sense.

I dont believe in good works. You mistake that what is actually taught. I believe in grace of Jesus Christ, in grace of God. Jesus died on the cross to save us from sin, without him there is no way to heaven. But Catholics believe you are not neccesarily saved once you accept Jesus or get baptised, but that is a continuous process, because the path is small and only a few will enter. Everyone knows someone who accepts Jesus but then stops being Christian, or gets mislead on a another path. And there is much in the Bible that only accepting Jesus without living a saintly life wont make you saved, Jesus compares us to the salt of the earth, once there is no salt the meal is not good, Jesus compares to the light of the sun, that we need to shine, for the rest of humanity, we believers must shine. Also the Bible says "You believe but so do the demons and they tremble, faith without good deeds is dead". But Catholics do not believe that good deeds can save you and that you cannot be saved without Jesus.
So what happens to Catholics. Do they go straight to Hell?

What if Catholics are right. Do Protestants go straight to Hell?

Are the differences between Catholics and Protestants so serious that Jesus will only accept those who are on the right team?

How about Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc.

I consider myself to be Christian but am not tied to any particular denomination. The questions above are items I have often wondered about.

Meriweather

Not all who wander are lost
Reaction score
So what happens to Catholics. Do they go straight to Hell?

What if Catholics are right. Do Protestants go straight to Hell?

Are the differences between Catholics and Protestants so serious that Jesus will only accept those who are on the right team?

How about Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc.

I consider myself to be Christian but am not tied to any particular denomination. The questions above are items I have often wondered about.
Eternal life is a gift, just like our present life is a gift. There was not one thing any of us had to do to "earn" the our right to birth. It was given us. Eternal life is such a given. Not a thing any of us can do to create life eternal. All we can do is appreciate and make good use of the gift we were given.

One of my favorite teachers (a Catholic nun) explained it this way. Eternal life will fill us to capacity. The question is whether with our gifts and talents we build someone who has the capacity of a thimble or the capacity of an oak barrel. Note, each will be filled to the brim with joy--so much so they cannot hold one more drop. There is no shame in being a thimble, nothing to boast about being an oak barrel (too filled with joy to boast). No one will be empty, no one will be wanting--all by the grace of God. Just, with the help of God, build the best possible you, she told us. Heaven will take care of itself. It is already there--without you lifting a finger. It is here on earth that your help is needed and appreciated.

JohnReese

Gold Member
Reaction score
Catholics are not Christians. You have believed a false gospel of "good works" and are not a believer in Christ in the biblical sense.

I dont believe in good works. You mistake that what is actually taught. I believe in grace of Jesus Christ, in grace of God. Jesus died on the cross to save us from sin, without him there is no way to heaven. But Catholics believe you are not neccesarily saved once you accept Jesus or get baptised, but that is a continuous process, because the path is small and only a few will enter. Everyone knows someone who accepts Jesus but then stops being Christian, or gets mislead on a another path. And there is much in the Bible that only accepting Jesus without living a saintly life wont make you saved, Jesus compares us to the salt of the earth, once there is no salt the meal is not good, Jesus compares to the light of the sun, that we need to shine, for the rest of humanity, we believers must shine. Also the Bible says "You believe but so do the demons and they tremble, faith without good deeds is dead". But Catholics do not believe that good deeds can save you and that you cannot be saved without Jesus.
We Catholics gave The world the bible! And are you going to say Jim Caviezel isn't a Christian? The man is a saint!

onefour1

Gold Member
Reaction score
We cannot be save ourselves by our works alone but Jesus will save us by his grace if we abound in good works.

2 Corinthians 9:8​

8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Ephesians 2:8-10
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

James 2:19-26

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

The works don't save us but without works your faith is dead and by grace ye are saved through faith. Jesus grants his grace to those who perform good works of faith.

rightnow909

Platinum Member
Reaction score

shows what u know..

I have been Catholic for decades... was baptized Catholic

we do nt believe works get you to heaven, only that, as James says, you have to do good deeds to get to Heaven.. may sound the same but it is not.. GRACE gets u to Heaven and if you only live for youself and don'tdo good for others, you will NOT have grace and not make it... Mt 2531

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$295.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List