Cat Lovers Thread

cute_yawn_kitty.jpg

Though I do love our Maine Coon (Spock) I have a soft spot for gray kitties - the sort some call "Russian Blue" even when they're mixed breed. Here's our now deceased Shadow - she who always greeted me with long stories about what had gone on while I was away. I think there was some chatterbox Siamese in the mix somewhere.....

Attachments

• $shadow-and-teddy.jpg
    $shadow-and-teddy.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

I found a little who looked like this - just beautiful.

I called him Foster Grant.

I don't know how old he was when he died of liver failure.

I had a little Russian Blue like this that my girlfriend brought to me from a shelter, she was the most amazing cat that I ever had and I've had a bunch. Her name was Spriggins and she was a prolific hunter. We lived on 93 acres outside of Lafayette, Louisiana........ it was a solid 9 iron to the front gate that was at the end of a mile long neighborhood road. Sprigs used to go hunting every night, scratching to go out at 12 o'clock each night and scratching to come in at 6:30 each morning.....something would be dead on the front porch for us. I was working with a wild bird rehab center at the time and was raising an orphaned Barn Owl so Spriggins was supplying the raw food for this Owl. What's ironic is how I would try to teach her about snakes when she was a little kitten and she ended up being killed by a stinking Copperhead's strike to her belly when she was 16. I was out of town and my parents, who were in their 70s, had come by my house to check on my dog.......they didn't notice that Spriggins snuck out as they were coming through the door. When I came back to town, my sister told me my cat was missing. After a lot of searching and speaking to neighbors, I found a woman who had found her dying. She happened to be a veterinarian tech and recognized the wound and tried to keep her out of pain as she died. She buried her in her back yard. I still miss her and it's been 15 years. I have had other cats that seemed to have her spirit and knowledge that made me wonder about reincarnation.

Toyger cat. That's a new housecat breed designed to look like a mini-tiger. Still very scarce and costly.

tgupdown.jpg

So pretty.....I wonder how the kittens look, I bet they're adorable.

Oh, now I want want.....:D

th

I had a little Russian Blue like this that my girlfriend brought to me from a shelter, she was the most amazing cat that I ever had and I've had a bunch. Her name was Spriggins and she was a prolific hunter. We lived on 93 acres outside of Lafayette, Louisiana........ it was a solid 9 iron to the front gate that was at the end of a mile long neighborhood road. Sprigs used to go hunting every night, scratching to go out at 12 o'clock each night and scratching to come in at 6:30 each morning.....something would be dead on the front porch for us. I was working with a wild bird rehab center at the time and was raising an orphaned Barn Owl so Spriggins was supplying the raw food for this Owl. What's ironic is how I would try to teach her about snakes when she was a little kitten and she ended up being killed by a stinking Copperhead's strike to her belly when she was 16. I was out of town and my parents, who were in their 70s, had come by my house to check on my dog.......they didn't notice that Spriggins snuck out as they were coming through the door. When I came back to town, my sister told me my cat was missing. After a lot of searching and speaking to neighbors, I found a woman who had found her dying. She happened to be a veterinarian tech and recognized the wound and tried to keep her out of pain as she died. She buried her in her back yard. I still miss her and it's been 15 years. I have had other cats that seemed to have her spirit and knowledge that made me wonder about reincarnation.

[MENTION=366]sitarro[/MENTION] Its nice to meet another rehabber. I'm licensed for raptors, songbirds, mammals and reptiles but specialize in raptors.

That's a shame about Spriggins. Back in yon olden days, none of us knew any better than to let cats run loose and so many died awful deaths.

When I was very young, I had an ordinary grey and white tom cat I called George who I'm sorry to say was put outside every night. My father used to meet him at the front door and relieve him of the gift he was bringing to me. There were mornings when George got past my dad and I woke to find some dead or dying creature on my chest.

Inevitably, George was killed by a car.

[MENTION=366]sitarro[/MENTION] Its nice to meet another rehabber. I'm licensed for raptors, songbirds, mammals and reptiles but specialize in raptors.

That's a shame about Spriggins. Back in yon olden days, none of us knew any better than to let cats run loose and so many died awful deaths.

When I was very young, I had an ordinary grey and white tom cat I called George who I'm sorry to say was put outside every night. My father used to meet him at the front door and relieve him of the gift he was bringing to me. There were mornings when George got past my dad and I woke to find some dead or dying creature on my chest.

Inevitably, George was killed by a car.

We're all very appreciative of the work you all do....it's a difficult and rigorous job but the poor creatures need someone to care. Thank You both!

Forum List

Back