Cat Is SO Gentle With His Squirrel Brother

I don't even have to watch it to know how this ends. Generally, carnivore/predator vs. herbivore/prey has a forgone conclusion.

I don't want to watch.

Very cute, thanks for sharing. I like to feed the backyard squirrels. There's one in particular that due to some scars on it's back is distinct from the others and is my favorite. Hopefully she survives the winter.

Very cute, thanks for sharing. I like to feed the backyard squirrels. There's one in particular that due to some scars on it's back is distinct from the others and is my favorite. Hopefully she survives the winter.
I feed a colony of cats every night in my backyard....18 of them, so far, as there are always new ones, mostly 3-4 months old that find their way to the food. But every night I get a pure white possum show up for a bowl of dry food. Been here for a few years and gotten to know me so well that he sits on my feet waiting for the bowl, and if not fast enough actually pulls on my pants leg, looking up at me with that weird looking face and starts chirping like a bird....gets along well with the cats which one would not expect but if there is enough food for all there is little to no squabbles!

I feed a colony of cats every night in my backyard....18 of them, so far, as there are always new ones, mostly 3-4 months old that find their way to the food. But every night I get a pure white possum show up for a bowl of dry food. Been here for a few years and gotten to know me so well that he sits on my feet waiting for the bowl, and if not fast enough actually pulls on my pants leg, looking up at me with that weird looking face and starts chirping like a bird....gets along well with the cats which one would not expect but if there is enough food for all there is little to no squabbles!

Thats very nice of you to feed the strays. There was quite the epidemic of them in my neighborhood a while back. The final straw was when I saw a dead kitten in a neighbors lawn. I rented a skunk trap and took about ten of the little buggers to be fixed.

Possums are cute in a freakishly ugly sort of way. One day a couple years back, I opened the door to step out onto the porch and was surprised to see a possum lounging in the cat bed. Hilarious. He looked at me as if to say "please don't kill me" and I backed away slowly and shut the door.

Thats very nice of you to feed the strays. There was quite the epidemic of them in my neighborhood a while back. The final straw was when I saw a dead kitten in a neighbors lawn. I rented a skunk trap and took about ten of the little buggers to be fixed.

Possums are cute in a freakishly ugly sort of way. One day a couple years back, I opened the door to step out onto the porch and was surprised to see a possum lounging in the cat bed. Hilarious. He looked at me as if to say "please don't kill me" and I backed away slowly and shut the door.
Yes, TNR works for me but I have a steady group of 12 living in here year round, all fixed. Have 10 large heavy styrofoam boxes about 4 foot long, wrapped in very heavy plastic sheeting with plenty of straw in them for the winter. Some of them bunk 2 at a time in one others want their privacy. Seems to work out well for them. Most have names and will come to me if I call them. Really do feel sorry for them, even tried to entice a few into the house, (there are several in house that will go to the door, sniff the air, and turn back in quickly only to head for their favorite sleeping spot), but these guys just want to be outside as long as there is a safe and warming place to sleep and plenty of food....they are all democats!.lolol

Squirrels: Where I used to live they would get pretty close to my patio looking for food. So I started feeding them, store bought squirrel food, roasted peanuts and cracked pecans- I got to where I could recognize a couple of them because of the stripes on their backs. Sadly, I lived right next to a bust street and actually saw one hit by a car- ruined my day for a couple of days.

Where I live now is about 40 or so feet from a wooden fence with a lot of trees and under brush just beyond it. I see squirrels all the time running along the top of the fence, jumping from tree to tree and just enjoying life- hard not to enjoy that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back