~Cat Bite~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Anyone ever been bitten by a dog??- I have.
Ever been bitten by a cat??- I have.
This sounds silly, but it's so true, I have the holes in my hand to prove it!
I was told this cat didn't like to be held much, he would meow when he wanted down...so I held him for maybe 4.5 seconds and he meowed, I moved to put him down and the fucker bit me!!
On my left hand, left me with 4 puncture wounds that started bleeding and pain that was all too real!
Of course I probably dropped the cat faster than it cared to land, but I was in shock.
I never expected that to happen.
So, anyway, I let the hours tick away, and within 5 hours, my hand looked like it was a boxing glove, the pain was getting worse and it was red and so I took myself to the ER.
They said it was a good thing I went in because a cat bite can be worse than a dog bite...Hmmm!
They gave me antibiotics and some pain pills, and a tetanus shot for precaution....and no the cat didn't have rabies or anything, he was up to date on everything, a beauty too. He is a Blue Persian, 15 pounds and long hair that shined.
But fangs from hell :lol:

i like chinese food...

$we_no_see_your_cat.jpg

Yes. My cat was hit by a car. When I went to help get him out of the road, he chomped down. I just bit my lip and carried him to the back yard and gently laid him down. He released his bite then. Didn't swell up either, but he had a great hold on thick part of where my thumb meets my palm. He had a broken leg.
When I lifted him again gently to place him in a box, he did not bite me. Poor thing was in a lot of pain.

Was bit once by a dog when I was a kid. Haven't been since.

The cat I have now bites me all the time. Especially if she is hungry. Do her bidding or she will bite your ankles. Hard. And if you try to move her off your lap cuz ya gotta get up to go pee, she will bite you too. She's mean. But she doesn't break the skin. Just enough to let you know she means business.

The cat I have now bites me all the time. Especially if she is hungry. Do her bidding or she will bite your ankles. Hard. And if you try to move her off your lap cuz ya gotta get up to go pee, she will bite you too. She's mean. But she doesn't break the skin. Just enough to let you know she means business.

istockphoto_4365480-holding-spray-bottle.jpg

Yes cats do bite and they are extremely nasty (as in germ laden and painful). Septicemia and tetanus are big risks.

And the meanest cat I ever saw was a Persian. She was vicious. I paid a fortune for her, and gave her with her papers to a woman who answered an ad; I just wanted her to go to a good home. This woman raised Persians and acted like a complete bitch when she came to pick up this well bred, free cat. So I didn't tell her the cat was vicious. Particularly when it came time to eat.

De-clawed cats tend to bite much more than non-mutilated cats.

The human bite though, still the worst non-venomous bite you can get in the animal kingdom.

Yes cats do bite and they are extremely nasty (as in germ laden and painful). Septicemia and tetanus are big risks.

And the meanest cat I ever saw was a Persian. She was vicious. I paid a fortune for her, and gave her with her papers to a woman who answered an ad; I just wanted her to go to a good home. This woman raised Persians and acted like a complete bitch when she came to pick up this well bred, free cat. So I didn't tell her the cat was vicious. Particularly when it came time to eat.

Ohmigosh, how similiar to my situation.
I had never heard of anyone being bitten by a cat, that's why I was hesitant about going to the ER, I felt silly.
This cat was tempermental, and quite frankly, I'm scared to even pet it now :doubt:

Last edited:
I had a friend who lived in the country and had a feral cat that lived in his barn.

One day he stupidly reached down to touch it and it bit him.

His hand ibecame so infected that he spent almost 2 weeks in the hospital being pumped with antibiotics.

He was extremely lucky in that he didn't lose it.

Forum List

Back