Casey Anthony and the Death Penalty

In a case this clear, take them out behind the court house and shoot them in the head throw them in the trash.

I am not a fan of the death penality, and for one it cost more to be on death row.
But if you kill your child because you want to go party, well you should at least be tortured.

I'd love to know why we feel justified in exacting stiffer sentences against mothers who kill their kids than we do against men.

Men kill their own children and the children of other people every single day. They bash them against walls, they suffocate them, they beat them to death. They rarely spend more than a couple of years (and usually not that much) in prison.

Largely because people STILL think it's the fault of the mothers, even when somebody else does the killing.

I am not a fan of the death penality, and for one it cost more to be on death row.
But if you kill your child because you want to go party, well you should at least be tortured.

Send him off to Afghanistan with a note explaining his offense to Al Quaida. Ask them to deal with him in an appropriate manner.

They are pondering this.

What say you for someone found guilty of murdering their child?

Death for them too, or jail for life?

Judge: Death penalty not sexist in Anthony case - CNN.com

It's no secret to most here that I am pro-DP. I am.

WHEN there is CLEAR evidence that the condemned party is guilty. For instance, a confession from the accused perp, the perp leading the police to the body and physical evidence (semen found on/in the body) linking the accused perp to the body, as well as corroborating witnesses to the crime or crimes.

In this case, we don't have a confession, Ms Anthony did not lead the police to the body and the only physical evidence tying to her to the crime is circumstantial (IMHO) at best. There are no corroborating witnesses, so while on the face it appears that Ms Anthony is guilty, it has not been shown to be conclusive and without at doubt (up to this point, she has not even gotten to trial yet).

If conclusive evidence pointing to her guilt is uncovered, yes, I would say the DP is appropriate. Until then, life in prison without parole would be sufficient.

In the murder case I am familar with, we had a) a confession from the perp, completely and fully describing exactly how Lori was murdered b) the perp led police to her body in the woods near a creek (which would not likely have been found for months, as there is no visibility of the crime scene from a road, bike path or other traffic) and c) other physical evidence tying the perp to the crime, including a surviving corroborating witnes that placed him at the scene and witnessed Lori's murder. (see link in my sig line)

In our case, the condemned has been sentenced twice to the DP once in 1976 and again in 1999. Unanimously by two separate juries who heard the same evidence and EVERY participant from the original case was still alive in 1999 to testify against him.

I have no problem dispatching this cretin to hell personally. None whatsoever.

So, IMHO, it all depends on the case. But I am VERY pro-DP when the situation warrants it.

I'd love to know why we feel justified in exacting stiffer sentences against mothers who kill their kids than we do against men.

Men kill their own children and the children of other people every single day. They bash them against walls, they suffocate them, they beat them to death. They rarely spend more than a couple of years (and usually not that much) in prison.

Largely because people STILL think it's the fault of the mothers, even when somebody else does the killing.

I do not discriminate male or female... a cold blooded maniacal 1st degree murder is a cold blooded maniacal 1st degree murder

Send him off to Afghanistan with a note explaining his offense to Al Quaida. Ask them to deal with him in an appropriate manner.

Casey is a women. ;)

Sorry, my bad.

Not that it changes anything. Child killers = worm food.

She should be executed if proven guilty. Why? She REPEATEDLY chloroformed her own child so that she could party. And.......wrapping her up with duct tape while she was still alive was even worse.

Nope.........fry the bitch.

That kind of shit happens every day, with men as the perps.
It doesn't even make the news.

I've seen interviews with her. No tears; no regrets; just lies and me, me, me. She is clearly a sociopath. Monsters need to be put to death.

The irony is that I believe it may have been an accidental death. But instead of admitting it and grieving for her daughter, she has acted like a stone cold killer. And that's what she will be portrayed and convicted for. No hope for redemption there.

Yeah - this is a tough case and I feel like her parents shielded her to some degree. She may be given the death penalty but it will be 20-30 more years before all the appeals, etc. will be exhausted and the penalty is actually carried out.

There is some truth in what you say.

I'm against the death penalty in all cases. IMO, the government does not have the power of life or death over us.

I don't believe in the death penalty.

It's not that I believe in the sanctity of life, or anything like that, I just don't trust the government to decide who they get to legally kill.

And I think that you "don't trust the government" conservatives really should agree with me here.

Or does that only apply to Obama?

Yeah - this is a tough case and I feel like her parents shielded her to some degree. She may be given the death penalty but it will be 20-30 more years before all the appeals, etc. will be exhausted and the penalty is actually carried out.
OH Granny, that entire family are crazy! Casey has accused her brother of repeatedly rapping her.

The parents got 200 grand know what they did? They went on little day trips, stayed in expensive hotels, ordered room service and then they took a cruise. The day after they went on a cruise their house went into foreclosure.

The entire family are dysfunctional at best.

Forum List

Back