Carville nails it again

James Carville continues to try to help his party. The latest: Don't wrestle with pigs - you only get dirty, and the pig likes it:

Complaining about these people, demanding insincere apologies and empty condemnations, only emboldens people like this, and those who follow them. It raises them. How do people NOT know this?

Stop feeding them.

Whelp. That didn't work out so well a few years ago when a grifter descended a golden escalator and promised to make an already great country...great again. I disagree completely with Carville, and let's face it, he's showing his age. That dog's been out of the game for so long he doesn't even recognize game anymore. He falls straight into parroting the right wing's weaponization of the word "woke". Sorry, ignoring them won't make them go away (it will just embolden them), nor will it make you seem more stately to most Americans. In fact, it will probably make a lot of Americans think you're weak. Messaging. That's the Democrats biggest problem right now. None of them can message their way out of a wet paper bag. The game has passed the aged leadership by.

I will agree that it's time to stop demanding apologies. It's useless. Instead, give them a taste of their own medicine. Get down in that mud with them once in a while, curl your fist into a ball, and bloody their mouths. You've emboldened people like MGT and Boebert with your weak kneed demands for decorum. Now? Give them a taste of their own medicine.

We may have about 500k got aways that will cause so much carnage. ODs skyrocketing you piece of dog shit

So what? If you guys were serious about stopping undocumented immigration, you'd go after the white people who hire them. You aren't. You just want someone to hate on. You are such a tool.

Not only are you massively ignorant about history in general you dream up recent history as you go.

People screamed racism at Trump all the time every day and all over the media.

Actually, quite the contrary the guy got a massive pass on his outright racism during the primaries by both the media and the other Republicans...

The reason it failed was because the average person is smarter than you and knows that the accusation is a lie.
You might have a point there. Trump lost by 3 million votes in 2016 and 8 million votes in 2020. People are smart, but the system is dumb.

Immature and uneducated pieces of shit like you drop the racist accusation all the time without evidence and the attempt to win arguments with cheap lies is failing.

Quite the contrary, Racism is built into the DNA of this country... and the response is to try to expunge it from the history books like it didn't happen? Slavery? Genocide? Are you trying to make the white kids feel bad?

Whelp. That didn't work out so well a few years ago when a grifter descended a golden escalator and promised to make an already great country...great again. I disagree completely with Carville, and let's face it, he's showing his age. That dog's been out of the game for so long he doesn't even recognize game anymore. He falls straight into parroting the right wing's weaponization of the word "woke". Sorry, ignoring them won't make them go away (it will just embolden them), nor will it make you seem more stately to most Americans. In fact, it will probably make a lot of Americans think you're weak. Messaging. That's the Democrats biggest problem right now. None of them can message their way out of a wet paper bag. The game has passed the aged leadership by.

I will agree that it's time to stop demanding apologies. It's useless. Instead, give them a taste of their own medicine. Get down in that mud with them once in a while, curl your fist into a ball, and bloody their mouths. You've emboldened people like MGT and Boebert with your weak kneed demands for decorum. Now? Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Well said. Let's not forget, there were people who said Hitler's anti-Semitism was no big deal... until the war started.

I just think that there is more than one way to do something, and it's pretty clear to me (and Carville) that what the Democrats are doing isn't working.

As I mentioned, complaining is one thing, but what is the net result of wrestling in the mud with them? A win for them. So I really don't see the point.

So what? If you guys were serious about stopping undocumented immigration, you'd go after the white people who hire them. You aren't. You just want someone to hate on. You are such a tool.

Actually, quite the contrary the guy got a massive pass on his outright racism during the primaries by both the media and the other Republicans...

You might have a point there. Trump lost by 3 million votes in 2016 and 8 million votes in 2020. People are smart, but the system is dumb.

Quite the contrary, Racism is built into the DNA of this country... and the response is to try to expunge it from the history books like it didn't happen? Slavery? Genocide? Are you trying to make the white kids feel bad?
You are out of touch and claiming bald faced lies.

He got no pass at all during the primaries or any other time. He was endlessly accused of racism ALL OVER the media

The natiuon has no DNA and there is liuttle racism gthe vast majority of accusations of racism are childish attenots to avoid losing an argument through smear.

I just think that there is more than one way to do something, and it's pretty clear to me (and Carville) that what the Democrats are doing isn't working.

I believe it's more of a case of what they are doing is not working. They can't seem to fathom how including tax cuts for the rich in their BBB better bill isn't going to go over very well.

As I mentioned, complaining is one thing, but what is the net result of wrestling in the mud with them? A win for them. So I really don't see the point.

Do what the people want and the rest takes care of itself.

Do what they people want and the rest takes care of itself.
Well, first you have to accurately identify what it is that the people (or, more importantly, voters) actually want.

The Democrats have been shooting themselves in the foot on the social/cultural issues for decades now, and they don't seem to realize that.

Worse, it's the social/cultural issues that gave us Trump in the first place. The Dems are just feeding the GOP exactly what it needs.

By the way, Carville has been saying the same thing.

Well, first you have to accurately identify what it is that the people actually want.

The Democrats have been shooting themselves in the foot on the social/cultural issues for decades now, and they don't seem to realize that.

Worse, it's the social/cultural issues that gave us Trump in the first place. The Dems are just feeding the GOP exactly what it needs.

By the way, Carville has been saying the same thing.

It was the fact that Hillary was a corporate war mongering slave to the system that created Trump.

Well, I'm open to suggestions but I just don't see much in the way of solutions. You either ignore it by which you are both condoning it and enabling it, or you respond in kind and make them think twice when they go that route.
I agree, the milquetoast way of meekly demanding apologies won't work with these people. Decorum and respect is gone. You've tried the carrot. Now it's time for the stick. Look at it this way, if you wrestle in mud with pigs, you're going
to get dirty. Who gives a shit as long as you win and you get a tasty pork meal out of the match. :)

Well, I'm open to suggestions but I just don't see much in the way of solutions. You either ignore it by which you are both condoning it and enabling it, or you respond in kind and make them think twice when they go that route.

The people in question don't think even once so they are not going to think twice.

I agree, the milquetoast way of meekly demanding apologies won't work with these people. Decorum and respect is gone. You've tried the carrot. Now it's time for the stick. Look at it this way, if you wrestle in mud with pigs, you're going
to get dirty. Who gives a shit as long as you win and you get a tasty pork meal out of the match. :)

A race to the bottom.

Sure, you can't ignore it, but there's more than one way to skin a cat (I'd love to know where that saying came from).

This is not a simple problem. All I'm saying is, it's not a good idea to do exactly what your opponents want you to do.

I don't think that was it. She was one helluva lousy candidate, but this is about White Replacement first, the Commies second.

She lost Michigan, Wisconsin and just pulled out Pennsylvania and then lost them to Trump. All states she should have easily won.

The people in question don't think even once so they are not going to think twice.

A race to the bottom.
Depends on how you shape the message. Poke that hornets nest enough and yeah, you're gonna get stung. But these hornets aren't that smart. The angrier you make them, the more likely it is they'll make a fatal mistake.
The anchor is already around your neck and they have a ton of weight on it. They are dragging you to the bottom..whether you want to go or not. May as well sink to the bottom, throw a few punches and then come up for air.

James Carville continues to try to help his party. The latest: Don't wrestle with pigs - you only get dirty, and the pig likes it:

Complaining about these people, demanding insincere apologies and empty condemnations, only emboldens people like this, and those who follow them. It raises them. How do people NOT know this?

Stop feeding them.

Sort of like we did to w.s. during the 70s, and 80s?

I agree, that is good advice. When you exaggerate the fringe, you are empowering them. The fringe, will whither and die, without attention and money.

Stop feeding them.

That picture just made me sick.

Depends on how you shape the message. Poke that hornets nest enough and yeah, you're gonna get stung. But these hornets aren't that smart. The angrier you make them, the more likely it is they'll make a fatal mistake.
The anchor is already around your neck and they have a ton of weight on it. They are dragging you to the bottom..whether you want to go or not. May as well sink to the bottom, throw a few punches and then come up for air.

The issue is, those poking in many cases are not so smart either. They are simply looking to get elected because they hope enough people dislike the other choice even more. Not making people as mad as the other side is not a long term answer.

Forum List

Back