Carter Appointed Judge Strikes Down NSA Program - Merged w/ I hate to say It

red states rule

May 30, 2006
The legacy of Pres Peanut Carter lives on. One of his appointed Judges now has assumed the powers of Commander in Chief in war time and ordered a halt to the NSA surveillance program.

Despite the success of the program here and in London, this Judge thinks she knows how to capture terrorists better then the experts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14393611/

No problem, I just wanted to make sure I understand where you are coming from.

The liberal judiciary is trying to take the President's Commander in Chief powers away.

I want to know why the ACLU would take this case to a MI Judge. They filed suite against the Federal government and they go to a MI court?

Perhaps they wanted a Judge they knew would rule in their favor.

The Amercian people were just knifed in the back and the terrorists are a bunch of happy campers.

The liberal judiciary is trying to take the President's Commander in Chief powers away.

I want to know why the ACLU would take this case to a MI Judge. They filed suite against the Federal government and they go to a MI court?

The Amercian people were just knifed in the back and the terrorists are a bunch of happy campers.

Pretty well sums it up. I'd really like ot get my hands on that District Judge's ruling and the case papers to know her reasoning for her judgement.

The legacy of Pres Peanut Carter lives on. One of his appointed Judges now has assumed the powers of Commander in Chief in war time and ordered a halt to the NSA surveillance program.

Despite the success of the program here and in London, this Judge thinks she knows how to capture terrorists better then the experts.

Doesn't that just sound like something that would come out of Jimmy Carter's Administration? Alas, as you say, the legacy lives on! Let's hope and pray this decision gets overturned by a higher court. We all could be sitting ducks otherwise.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14393611/

This outta make Zippy McPulpit happy.

You notice he didn't run out this time and say....
WE KILLED THE NSA surveillance program.......such a little weasel

8/17/2006 2:40:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: National Desk

Contact: Jim Manley or Jon Steinberg, 202-224-2939, both of the Office of Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid

WASHINGTON, Aug. 17 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid released the following statement on today's ruling that President Bush's domestic spying program is unconstitutional:

"Today's ruling is the latest example of how the Bush Administration has jeopardized our efforts in the war on terror. The Administration's decision to ignore the Constitution and the Congress has come at the expense of the security of the American people. Instead of being five years into an effective strategy we are back at square one. We now have the opportunity to take a new direction. It is time for the Administration to work with the Congress to develop effective tools to defeat terrorists. Senate Democrats stand ready to work with the Administration and Congressional Republicans toward that goal."

http://www.usnewswire.com/

If so, wasn't the brightest move in an election year. Will get lots of coverage with the appeal, just in time for the elections.

Yeah, but you have to think backwards when trying to understand the lib mind. They think that is a good thing.:laugh:

I know. That calls for 'thinking ahead' and other higher order skills...

I really try not to get so divisive, but it's hard, it's what they seem to want. so I'll take that, my bad. :laugh:

Common sense would lead one to believe SCOTUS will overturn this. Unfortunately, politics is being played with our security.

If the libs win, the decision will be pointed to when we are attacked again, and rightly so, but it will do the dead no good.

If the right wins, the libs will use it as a rallying cry for the next election that the Republicans are trying to take away civil liberties with their usual way-extreme spin.

Common sense would lead one to believe SCOTUS will overturn this. Unfortunately, politics is being played with our security.

If the libs win, the decision will be pointed to when we are attacked again, and rightly so, but it will do the dead no good.

If the right wins, the libs will use it as a rallying cry for the next election that the Republicans are trying to take away civil liberties with their usual way-extreme spin.

Not often I say something like this, I do think SCOTUS will overturn. The only reason I could see them denying, would be lack of time for review. Note to Congress, there should be a review time, say every 5 years?

Not often I say something like this, I do think SCOTUS will overturn. The only reason I could see them denying, would be lack of time for review. Note to Congress, there should be a review time, say every 5 years?

IF the program is everything the administration and NSA is saying it is, I see no grounds for this judges ruling to begin with. But then, that goes back to common sense and/or the lack thereof.

IF the program is everything the administration and NSA is saying it is, I see no grounds for this judges ruling to begin with. But then, that goes back to common sense and/or the lack thereof.

But she did, so now SCOTUS must.

There is no "perhaps" about it. That is exactly what they did. In fact, from what I hear another judge drew the docket and the judge who made the decision found a way to get herself on the case. That alone throws up huge questions about personal bias and if i were the federal government id sue her ass for judicial misconduct.

There is no "perhaps" about it. That is exactly what they did. In fact, from what I hear another judge drew the docket and the judge who made the decision found a way to get herself on the case. That alone throws up huge questions about personal bias and if i were the federal government id sue her ass for judicial misconduct.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to happen with these judges who twist the law to support their political beliefs.

Forum List

Back