Carson by a landslide....

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
right out of the race. Or atleast that's how it's looking for his political future.

Ben Carson slashes staff as funds dry up

CONCORD, N.H. — Ben Carson, the famed neurosurgeon whose bid for the Republican presidential nomination has struggled to keep pace with rivals, will cut more than 50 staff positions Thursday as part of an overhaul and downsizing of his campaign.

Salaries are being significantly reduced. Carson’s traveling entourage will shrink to only a handful of advisers. And instead of flying on private jets, Carson may soon return to commercial flights.

The employees being released — about half of Carson’s campaign — mostly work in field operations and at his headquarters in Northern Virginia.

Campaign officials, who confirmed the moves after The Washington Post obtained an internal memo about the layoffs, stressed that key aides in upcoming GOP primary contests will remain in place and that Carson is determined to stay in the 2016 race.

But they acknowledged that Carson’s funds have diminished as he has fallen from the top tier, forcing him to make sweeping changes to a campaign that had swelled into a bustling operation of about 125 people.

Carson’s senior staff, which was restructured in late December after several advisers resigned, will not change, the campaign said. Retired Army Gen. Robert F. Dees, Republican consultant Ed Brookover, and communications advisers Jason Osborne and Deana Bass will stay, among others.

Longtime Carson confidant Armstrong Williams said the drastic shake-up has been under consideration for weeks but was postponed until after Monday’s Iowa caucuses, where Carson finished in fourth place with 9.3 percent of the vote.

“Dr. Carson is going to get his campaign lean — really lean,” Williams said in an interview. “One issue for a while has been too much infrastructure and he has decided to fully address it so that he can sustain his campaign until the convention.”

Williams added that Carson remains incensed at Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, who won the Iowa vote, over the way the Cruz campaign mistakenly told Iowans on Monday night that Carson was quitting the race. Carson has called those efforts “dirty tricks.”

Although Cruz has apologized to Carson and said his staff was reacting to a news report, Williams said Carson is now determined as ever to fight on and battle with the senator for the support of evangelical Christians and tea party activists.

“I make no bones about the fact that I am a person of faith. I believe what it says in Matthew 7:20, that 'By their fruits, you will know them,'" Carson told reporters Wednesday at an impromptu news conference in Washington. "I hope you will judge all the other people who are running for this position by the same standards."

Carson was never a viable candidate anyway. He was an attempt by the GOP to pretend they like Black people. I told everyone long ago there was no way a Black guy would ever win the GOP nomination while white conservatives run the party.

Carson was never a viable candidate anyway. He was an attempt by the GOP to pretend they like Black people. I told everyone long ago there was no way a Black guy would ever win the GOP nomination while white conservatives run the party.

I don't think race is the issue. Carson is not a politician and seems somewhat of a flake with some very strange ideas. I certainly agree he was never a viable candidate.

Meh. Bush did something similar MONTHS ago and that lunatic is still burning the 1%'s money up..

I don't think race is the issue. Carson is not a politician and seems somewhat of a flake with some very strange ideas. I certainly agree he was never a viable candidate.

carson does come off like a flake and has a very odd demeanor. but still and all, the GOP doesn't much like black folk and i'd be surprised if they ever nominated someone black.... although... maybe if he said all the right hate-filled things about his own people.

The ONLY reason Carson was ever considered is because he made a rude speech about Obama at a prayer breakfast. No other qualifications than that. Right wingers don't even understand what a president needs to be able to do.

carson does come off like a flake and has a very odd demeanor. but still and all, the GOP doesn't much like black folk and i'd be surprised if they ever nominated someone black.... although... maybe if he said all the right hate-filled things about his own people.
Even then a Black candidate wouldn't make it all the way to the nomination. The unease generated among the racist base of the GOP would never vote for a Black person no matter his views.

Carson is not a politician and seems somewhat of a flake with some very strange ideas.

Indeed. After all this time I'm still not sure what skill set he claimed to have that made him right to take on the mantle of POTUS.

"I started from nothing in the slums of Detroit" doesn't quite cut it.

Carson is not a politician and seems somewhat of a flake with some very strange ideas.

Indeed. After all this time I'm still not sure what skill set he claimed to have that made him right to take on the mantle of POTUS.

"I started from nothing in the slums of Detroit" doesn't quite cut it.
He was a token and a poorly disguised attempt at attracting the Black vote.

Even then a Black candidate wouldn't make it all the way to the nomination. The unease generated among the racist base of the GOP would never vote for a Black person no matter his views.

that's probably true.

I agree he was never a viable candidate, he's too laid back to stand up with a commanding voice. He's a DR, may or may not be a good one, but definitely not a politician or President material.
Even Dr Ron Paul had more backbone to speak out for his beliefs and take on opposition head on. Race card is beside the point, imo

I think it was his demeanor. As someone characterized him, "Sleepy." it seemed to fit. I would have liked him to get further, but it wasn't in the cards for him.

I think it was his demeanor. As someone characterized him, "Sleepy." it seemed to fit. I would have liked him to get further, but it wasn't in the cards for him.

I think 'Sleepy' is right not only did he seem to be asleep at the wheel, but he could easily put his audience asleep as well

Forum List

Back