Care: I need your professional input

&

☭proletarian☭

Day two with the new footwear. Didn't notice it yesterday, but today the internal 'seam' at the rear of the boot (why the hell does it protrude inward?!) chaffed the hell out of my Achilles. Granted, I wasn't wearing my finest boot socks, but this isn't supposed to happen.

Before I send them back, got any tips on how I might rectify this problem (short of Moleskin every day)?

Must you wear these kind of boots just to make a fashion statement?

If you're not in the military, why do you need these?

fashion statement?

They're work boots, dude.

I don't know about no work boots that look like that.

The only people I see wear boots like that are soldiers or skin heads.

This is a work boot:

images

Why do you choose black? Is it required? I can't even begin to imagine the discomfort and downright nastiness that is accompanied by those boots when working out in the heat.

☭proletarian☭;2197004 said:
Day two with the new footwear. Didn't notice it yesterday, but today the internal 'seam' at the rear of the boot (why the hell does it protrude inward?!) chaffed the hell out of my Achilles. Granted, I wasn't wearing my finest boot socks, but this isn't supposed to happen.

Before I send them back, got any tips on how I might rectify this problem (short of Moleskin every day)?

same boots my husband wears... did you try getting one of those little dr sholls things that you put in the back of your shoe?

Get these.

aef2cb94-ed64-440d-a946-82f7678bc620.jpg

The most comfortable shoes I have ever put on.

And I'm a picky son of a motherfucker when it comes to shoes!

Get these.

Those aren't up to uniform regulations.

Nor can I walk for five minutes in lowtops.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about no work boots that look like that.

The only people I see wear boots like that are soldiers or skin heads.

Clearly, you've not seen many people wearing boots. '[D]on't know about no work boots that look like that'? The OP links to the very site of the manufacturer- a company specializing in slip-resistant work shoes and boots. And black is the most common uniform colour I know of.

Maybe you just hang around too many skinheads and not enough working people?

I can't even begin to imagine the discomfort and downright nastiness that is accompanied by those boots when working out in the heat.
:eusa_eh:

I've only had one pair of boots that were ever bothersome outside, and that was actually not the heat but the fact that they let sand in. It's lowtops I can't stand. Actually, I'm having difficulty getting used to how low these boots are- they stop just above the ankle and I'm used to something around 1/3 - 1/2 the way up the shin.

Of course, the socks (Thorlos in the summer and Merino wool if it's cold) don't hurt either :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Get these.

Ha, I have those exact shoes in the black and gray.

Can't say they're my favorite. They seem to retain too much heat, they make my feet sweat more than other shoes.

☭proletarian☭;2203168 said:
Maybe you just hang around too many skinheads and not enough working people?

Not really. I just don't see people wearing black work boots. If I'm working out in the sun on a hot day, I'm not going to have black boots, of all colors.

I just don't see the purpose of a black work boot.

If it's part of uniform code, then that's another story.

☭proletarian☭;2197004 said:

Are the boots the correct size? I was reading the reviews on the link you provided and one of the reviews said that the boots don't come in half sizes and that they had ordered an 11 (they wear an 11.5) and that it was too snug and didn't 'give' at all.

Another reviewer said "One draw back is the new mfg. The shoe looks the same but the toe has become more rounded which gives this shoe a different feel". Perhaps they also altered something with the seam?

You could buy a shoe stretcher to push that seam back some.

Why Use Shoe Stretchers

There are several reasons one might find a need for shoe stretchers - shoes can shrink; feet can swell; we can land between two sizes; and bunions, corns or other foot imperfections can make our shoes hurt. And when our shoes hurt, life can be pretty miserable.

Luckily, there are shoe stretchers, and they can help alleviate several of these problems and deliver a more comfortable shoe.

Shoe stretchers can expand the width and the length of shoes. For both benefits, in one device, you'll want to be sure to purchase a "two-way" shoe stretcher.

Several shoe stretchers also come with little holes built into them. Plugs inserted into the holes can stretch the shoes in problem spots, like where a corn or a bunion is, or where pinching occurs.

Shoe Stretchers Are Best For ...

Shoe stretchers will work best for suede, leather, and other natural materials. Shoe stretchers don't work as well on vinyl, because the material does not have as much give.

Shoe stretchers are also best suited to breaking in shoes that are barely too tight, or expanding shoes that are close to the right size. If you're looking to stretch a size 7 to a size 9, you want a new shoe, not a shoe stretcher.

Shoe Stretchers - How to Use and Where to Buy Shoe Stretchers

Forum List

Back