Cardinal Pell

When someone makes a crime he has to go to a jail.
Yet when complaints were made to office holders of the Catholic church in Australia, the alleged offender was shifted to other dioceses rather than being handed over to the police for investigation and prosecution. This makes Pell's defence receive little sympathy. You seem to be denying the church protected its offenders. Are you?

Last edited:
When someone makes a crime he has to go to a jail.
Yet when complaints were made to office holders of the Catholic church in Australia, the alleged offender was shifted to other dioceses rather than being handed over to the police for investigation and prosecution.

That's just simple nonsense and bullshit. Since when is the police and public prosecution organized in dioceses?

This makes Pell's defence receive little sympathy.

Although he is a citizen of the Vatican too, Cardinal Pell came to Australia because the Catholic church had trusted in the integrity of the Australian "system of justice". I see this with very sceptic eyes, because lots of tyrannies exist on this planet. Australia is not a tyranny - ¿or is it? - but this misjudgement is in my eyes only an evil joke. I would say everyone is able to be arrested and judged in Australia - completely independent from any reality. And everyone has the right to be protected from the Australian state with the torture solitary confinement and sensory and social deprivation and insufficient activity.

You seem to be denying the church protected its offenders. Are you?

Let me say it this way: We are a kind of spiritual sports club or fisher club. We don't have offenders. We have people, who sleep during church service or something like this. What for heavens sake do you expect from our church?

Let me calculate. I use here data I found out in Germany and will generalize it now. A clerics of the church, who lives in celebacy, is in average 25 times more harmless in case of the crime "sexual abuse" than any other male being on this planet. A psychiatrist here found even out the factor is 36 times higher in the so called "normal" population. It exists about 400,000 priests worldwide - and I calculate now 140,000 monks (that's the relation in Germany) so we have about 540,000 male Clerics. Let me calculate the population of the world with 5.4 billion (it's more). This are about 2.7 billion men. So let all catholic clerics do x crimes. How many did the "rest of the male world"? 2.7 billion / 540 thousand * 25 = 5,000*25 = 125,000. The factor is "times 125,000" (and perhaps even much higher). Did you ever have the feeling you are discussing a minimum of 125,000 more often about sexual abuse from people, who are not clerics from the Catholic Church?

And how much money had the Church to pay in the USA? Let me say "x billions". What is 125,000 times x billions? ... Oh damn - I don't know how to name this number in the English language. But your world will love it, because it is titanicly high.

Last edited:
Says a member of the holy church USA about the unholy anti-American catholic church.
Hilarity.

It's totally clear that the USA has a big part of an anti-Catholic population. Otherwise it's not explainable that only less than 1.5% of the history of the USA a Catholic was president of the USA. This was one person for less than three years: John F. Kennedy. And he was murdered. I would say to be a Catholic was enough reason to murder a president of the USA.

What for heavens sake do you expect from our church?
That when complaints of sexual misconduct are made against those who hold office in the church, the church firstly does not send them to other dioceses to protect them from the complaints and secondly, passes those complaints on to the police/authorities. Reasonable, surely?

A clerics of the church, who lives in celebacy, is in average 25 times more harmless in case of the crime "sexual abuse" than any other male being on this planet.
Do you make that estimate according to complaints received by the police/authorities?

What for heavens sake do you expect from our church?
That when complaints of sexual misconduct are made against those who hold office in the church, the church firstly does not send them to other dioceses to protect them from the complaints and secondly, passes those complaints on to the police/authorities. Reasonable, surely?

No.

It's totally clear that the USA has a big part of an anti-Catholic population.
What has that to do with me?

You are English

A clerics of the church, who lives in celebacy, is in average 25 times more harmless in case of the crime "sexual abuse" than any other male being on this planet.
Do you make that estimate according to complaints received by the police/authorities?

no comment

Last edited:
That's why Pell is receiving scant sympathy.

But Cardinal Pell said not "no". I said "no" to your question.

You are English
Aotearoa. Te Ika a Maui to be more geographically precise.

You are not a Maori or an aborigine. You are an Englishman. You drink alcohol and survive in 95 or 99.5% of all cases in longer term on biological reasons - aborigines drink alcohol and die in 95 or 99.5% in longer term on biological reasons, after they destroyed their social structures. And the laws in Australia say not to let drink aborigines alcohol is racism, isn't it?

Last edited:
Yes. That you think it is not reasonable office holders in your church accused of sexual violation should not be moved to another diocese nor should be referred to the police when complained about is the culture of protection of offenders in your church which ensures little sympathy for Pell's position.
Btw, that chain need tensioning.

Yes. That you think it is not reasonable

Exactly: It's not reasonable what you say.

office holders in your church

Our what?

accused of sexual violation

That's not a problem of the church - that's a problem of public prosecution.

should not be moved to another diocese

Why? When a worker changes the factory what is the problem? It's not the job of anyone else except police, prosecution or judges to minimize the right of freedom of movement.

nor should be referred to the police when complained about is the culture of protection of offenders in your church which ensures little sympathy for Pell's position.
Btw, that chain need tensioning.

What for heavens sake do you call "Pell's position"? Pell's position is very clear: "I am innocent!" And I think this is true, because the story, why he is in jail, sounds not plausible at all.

Last edited:
What for heavens sake do you call "Pell's position"?
His position is 'It wasn't me, I didn't do nothing, I am innocent.'

The history of the Catholic church's treatment of alleged offenders leads to no sympathy for his position.

What for heavens sake do you call "Pell's position"?
His position is 'It wasn't me, I didn't do nothing, I am innocent.'

His position is "I am innocent." And I think this is true. With other words: I think it had happened a misjudgement.

The history of the Catholic church's treatment of alleged offenders

Concrete example? Lots of people have a very obscure view to the real facts of history.

leads to no sympathy for his position.

So who shares not your position is in danger to be without your sympathy. An to be without your sympathy justifies it to bring innocent people in jail.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back