Car Shortages to increase?

Guess relying on China for everything isnt exactly good policy,,,,,,

It was stupid, and tax payers subsidized most of the off-shoring themselves, so why complain now? Did they think the corporations and their bought and paid for Congress was just going to screw over the lazy proles and then stop at plundering the middle class next??? lol tough shit, too late now suckers. Now they're left with plundering the bottom 8% of the Top 10%, and after that it's the top 2% cannibalizing each other. They go where the money is, after all. Remember Willie Sutton?

Quick! Panic now! You better run out and buy some to stock up and hoard!
You and Moonglow miss the point

Thanks to shortages of foreign made parts, American autoworkers are out of a job and so are car salesmen

You may not need a new car, but shortages are another wound to the economy that will hurt you sooner or later

This is the true face of globalism

Thanks to shortages of foreign made parts, American autoworkers are out of a job and so are car salesmen

You may not need a new car, but shortages are another wound to the economy that will hurt you sooner or later

Sounds like a capitalist problem. Surely these monied geniuses can figure it out since they have made all the right moves in their lives.

How many auto workers out of a job? Ford is building a new plant about 18 miles from here, as companies migrate south, more over conditions, and economics in the places they have been, as well as tax advantages, run out.

How many auto workers out of a job? Ford is building a new plant about 18 miles from here, as companies migrate south,
Its not all or nothing

Some auto workers are affected along with others in the economy

You and Moonglow seem desperate to defend our dependance on the chinese supply chain

Its not all or nothing

Some auto workers are affected along with others in the economy

You and Moonglow seem desperate to defend our dependance on the chinese supply chain
You are right when you say "It is not all or nothing", and I don't believe it will be. Like it or not, somebody decided a long time ago, that some industries or types of production would be better off shore. It wasn't me. I think we should get closer to being able to maintain ability to produce required products such as drugs here. Not that worried about the auto industry, as several have moved operations to our state. Not that worried about protecting an industry's right to overcharge for their own inefficiency. We have the technology, but sometimes do not want to invest, to use it. Businesses and industries here are like me. They will not buy from the highest priced sourced, if other options are available, if the only advantage is protectionism.

Forum List

Back