Capitol riot: Trump supporters shown beating Officer Michael Fanone under ‘Blue Lives Matter’ flag

So what is your definition of insurrection? Does the threat of the government actually toppling have to be real or is it just any handful of yahoo's who show up and yell loud noises about toppling the government count as an insurrection?

Unless we can establish and come to some type of agreement on that it's tough to argue the point.
I'm happy with the Dictionary.com definition:

insurrection
[ in-suh-rek-shuhn ]
noun

an act or instance of rising in revolt, rebellion, or resistance against civil authority or an established government.

That's part of it. The bigger reason, I believe, is that day is one of the ugliest domestic events in our nation's history and it was by folks from their side of the aisle. To be clear, it pales bigly to some other events like the Civil War, slavery, etc. but it was big. Not just the storming of the Capitol, but Trump's grand scheme of trying to get Pence to unilaterally dump Biden electors. These morons can deny it until their black hearts stop beating, but that truly would have been the end of America had Trump, the loser of a presidential election, been installed in the White House. And that is what the seditionists were fighting for.

So to mitigate guilt by association, they try to blame the left for it if it happened or deny that it happened when they can't actually find anyone on the left involved. And because it's a cult, they believe whatever Trump tells them. They've truly surrendered their interest in thinking for themselves and look to him (and fake news) for guidance instead because they truly believe only he can save America from the abyss the delude themselves into believing this country has become. A big part of it is the fake news media they've been Pavloved into believing which not only sells them fake news, but also convinces them not to accept any other news sources. I honestly don't see a way out of this death spiral unless they experience a mass awakening some day.
What a bunch of total garbage.
:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

I'm happy with the Dictionary.com definition:

insurrection
[ in-suh-rek-shuhn ]
noun

an act or instance of rising in revolt, rebellion, or resistance against civil authority or an established government.
Ok. Then there's "insurrection" all over the country all the damn time then. Any protest that turns even the slightest bit violent fits that description.

Does the dictionary tell you why no one is charged with insurrection?
Nope! Then again, the dictionary doesn't know the specifics of the laws in this context.

You can pretend all you want that this wasn't an act of resistance against an established government. I expect such comical denial from Trumpsters. MAGA!

So what is your definition of insurrection? Does the threat of the government actually toppling have to be real or is it just any handful of yahoo's who show up and yell loud noises about toppling the government count as an insurrection?

Unless we can establish and come to some type of agreement on that it's tough to argue the point.
There was a real threat of that happening. Denying it doesn't lessen it. Trump tried to coerce the vice president, who was tasked with opening the electoral certificates, to go beyond that and reject electoral votes for Biden; which would have resulted into Trump remaining as president. Thank G-d Pence had the good sense to abide by the Constitution and not Trump; so he rejected that obviously illegal maneuver and after decorum was restored to the Capitol, the winner of the 2020 election was rightfully certified.

BUT... had Pence gone along with it and Trump, who lost the election, been ascended to the office of the presidency, it would have been the last day of this country. Elections would be meaningless in a country which installs the loser of an election. That would render our Constitution meaningless since it would have been torn up to install the loser of the election. Then the civil war would have ensued in an effort to save the country. Then our enemies would would be eating what remained of us like vultures waiting for a meal.

And ^^^ THAT ^^^ is the reason Trump and his allies are fighting tooth and nail to prevent the Congressional hearing into 1/6 from learning of his participation. He clearly has something to hide and I have no doubt it's documentation involving him and one or more schemes to remain as president after losing the election.

Nope! Then again, the dictionary doesn't know the specifics of the laws in this context.

You can pretend all you want that this wasn't an act of resistance against an established government. I expect such comical denial from Trumpsters. MAGA!
So, no one is charged with insurrection, thanks.

So, no one is charged with insurrection, thanks.
For two reasons, I believe. One is there was a case some years back where the DoJ lost a case against some they charged with insurrection. Seems to be a high bar to meet and they don't want to lose these cases over that, just to have the label of "insurrection" tied to that day. For another, the maximum penalty for insurrection is 10 years; while the charges they have indicted many of Trump's thugs on can be as high as 20 years.

So factor in DoJ is seeking harsher penalties ... and they are seeking to avoid losing cases because of the high bar needed to prove insurrection ... and we see them foregoing insurrection charges.

For two reasons, I believe. One is there was a case some years back where the DoJ lost a case against some they charged with insurrection. Seems to be a high bar to meet and they don't want to lose these cases over that, just to have the label of "insurrection" tied to that day. For another, the maximum penalty for insurrection is 10 years; while the charges they have indicted many of Trump's thugs on can be as high as 20 years.

So factor in DoJ is seeking harsher penalties ... and they are seeking to avoid losing cases because of the high bar needed to prove insurrection ... and we see them foregoing insurrection charges.
For two reasons, I believe.

That makes the rest of your post totally useless.

Ok. Then there's "insurrection" all over the country all the damn time then. Any protest that turns even the slightest bit violent fits that description.
Redefining words is a necessary tool of libs. They need to find a way to make their lies not seem so much like lies.

Do you remember how angry Trump supporters were before Jan 6 happened? They felt that they needed to “take their country back.”

In the weeks leading up to Jan 6, a Trumpster said we should execute AOC and brutally murder other elected officials.

Mac-7 “liked” that post.

He claims that Trumpsters don’t condone violence because he’s a hypocrite and a liar.

Do you remember how angry Trump supporters were before Jan 6 happened? They felt that they needed to “take their country back.”

In the weeks leading up to Jan 6, a Trumpster said we should execute AOC and brutally murder other elected officials.

Mac-7 “liked” that post.

He claims that Trumpsters don’t condone violence because he’s a hypocrite and a liar.
Shouldn't we wait until they actually murder someone like Byrd did?

Mac-7 “liked” that post.

Do you have a link to Pres Trump saying he would execute AOC and murder other officials?

Republicans have forever blown their "Party of Law and Order" claim.

Hey! Dr Moron! When you dressed up as a monster for halloween, were you really a monster? Whe other kids ran screaming and yelling you are a monster, were you?
I'm putting this scenario in terms for a kid, since you seem more dense than usual.
Now, being called a monster even though you were pretending (key word..PRETENDING) to be one, would that not bother you? Why yes, as an moron child that grew up to be a moron, it probably would.

So..pay 'tention now...those yelling "get his ass" were not trump supporters. They were antifa PRETENDING to be trump supporters. Get it now? *knock knock* hello? Anyone home in that tiny brain of yours? Oh. Wait. Nevermind. It does not compute. Yer too fucking stupid.

New Topics

Forum List

Back