Capitalistic greed is the main problem in the U.S.

yeah, that's working GREAT in Venezuela.

YOu mean, they are punishing Venezuela for actually standing up for it's people? How horrible.

and considering Mylan is a foreign company, how do you propose nationalizing it?

No longer allowed to operate here and we sell your US patents to an American Company for a nickel as long as they sign a contract not to gouge sick people.

Problem solved.

Venezuela is currently standing ON it's people, not up for them.

And in 36-48 months the FDA will approve the new manufacturer. Good luck with that.

lol, sensible regulations. Just can't bring yourself to take the government dick out of your mouth, Right JoeBlow?

having seen what the 1 Percenters do to working folks when the govenrment doesn't protect them, um, no, we've tried it yoru way since 1980 and it failed miserably.

Who said anything about eliminating patents? The patents on these things probably ran out decades ago. What is stopping other companies from making generic equivalents, ah yes, run away rampant government regulation. But you are a fan of it, and would rather blame what, people for NOT making generic equivalents due to greed?

I blame the greed of this company. No one else.

Unless they can show me why their manufacturing expenses went up 500%, they are ripping off sick people.

Throw their asses in jail with the rapists and murderers.

The government created the bottleneck, and you blame the company, you ,misguided dime store hack.

What would you arrest them for? Oh wait, the niceties of law doesn't bother you when it comes to one of your asshat pet projects.

EpiPen can go to hell. My friend has a shellfish allergy that leads to an anaphylactic reaction... Her throat closes up. She can't afford to buy an EpiPen and her insurance doesn't cover it. Further more they expire after a year so she would have to drop $600 for a pen that expires and needs to get tossed after only a year. Instead she doesn't have one and takes a risk every time she eats out. In the mean time the EpiPen execs and laughing their way to the bank

Mylan executives gave themselves raises as they hiked EpiPen prices

The patent on the drug in an epi pen and the mechanism itself should have run out a long time ago. All the FDA has to do is promise fast track approval for anyone who wants to make an equivalent product, and the manufacturer's hold on the market would wither away.

Yes, the company is greedy, but government regulations that make it next to impossible to field an equal product shares part of the blame. It's what creates the bottleneck in the first place.
The patent on the drug has run out. The mechanism that delivers the drug is fairly new. Are you against patents? The price of the product needs to regulated by the government. Stop screwing yourself with misguided conservative ideology and support more government regulations

The original epi-pen patent is over 50 years old.

EpiPen gives doses of life-saving epinephrine for nearly 50 years - IPWatchdog.com | Patents & Patent Law

Again, how do you regulate the price of a foreign manufactured product?

If you tell them they can only sell it for $100, they WILL STOP SHIPPING IT YOU BLITHERING IDIOT.
Hey DUMB ASS. Do you just make shit up as you go? The price is currently $100.00 in Canada because they REGULATE drug prices.
Allergy Canada - EpiPen

Canada is a much smaller market. hell the reason they jacked up the US prices is probably to cover the cost in Canada.

First, typical freeloader asking for funding for something you want to do.

Secondly, typical freeloader asking for a free place to stay for a choice you make.

Finally, typical Liberal claiming that I AM getting burned without one bit of evidence to back it up. In case you didn't know, having the evidence comes first before making the claim. You did just the opposite, thereby, invalidating your claim.
First, typical freeloader asking for funding for something you want to do.

Secondly, typical freeloader asking for a free place to stay for a choice you make.

Finally, typical Liberal claiming that I AM getting burned without one bit of evidence to back it up. In case you didn't know, having the evidence comes first before making the claim. You did just the opposite, thereby, invalidating your claim.
OK, if you aren't hospitable enough to let me crash at your place then I'll provide an example of how you might be getting burned. Your wages are too low, your health care sucks, you pay too much for Internet, cable and phone, you are no longer middle class, your environment is polluted, your banking and brokerage fees are outrageous and big, unregulated money has put Hillary Clinton on top. And God help you if someone in your family needs an EpiPen injection

I don't take in freeloaders.

Secondly, your statement was I AM getting burned. Now you change it to MIGHT be. Hard to give validity to someone making a claim, wanting information that needed to be available before making the claim, then backing off the claim when shown the idiocy of having made it in the first place.
Most of you are getting burned but how am I supposed to know if you specifically are getting burned when you won't even allow me to take a closer look at your life situation? I'm only asking that you cover my expenses. I believe my offer is very generous and I will ask you at this point to re-consider. If you want, you can just send me the documents. Check your pm for my address.

When you indicated you knew I AM getting burned, the only way you could have done it is to already have such evidence. You made that claim. Then, when told you're an idiot for making such a claim without evidence, you change it to MIGHT be losing all credibility.

Hate to break it to you but I've done the checking and the response to your claim that I am getting burned is it's a false claim.
Either way, my poor attempt at humor does not negate the fact that de-regulation allows capitalistic greed, like the EpiPen situation, to flourish. You may claim that unregulated markets have absolutely zero effect on you or anyone else but you would be full of shit.

Yeah, that's what it was. Bullshit. You made a claim you couldn't support, got called on it, backpedaled when you did, and now you lie calling it an attempt at humor. That means you're full of shit.

EpiPen can go to hell. My friend has a shellfish allergy that leads to an anaphylactic reaction... Her throat closes up. She can't afford to buy an EpiPen and her insurance doesn't cover it. Further more they expire after a year so she would have to drop $600 for a pen that expires and needs to get tossed after only a year. Instead she doesn't have one and takes a risk every time she eats out. In the mean time the EpiPen execs and laughing their way to the bank

Mylan executives gave themselves raises as they hiked EpiPen prices

The patent on the drug in an epi pen and the mechanism itself should have run out a long time ago. All the FDA has to do is promise fast track approval for anyone who wants to make an equivalent product, and the manufacturer's hold on the market would wither away.

Yes, the company is greedy, but government regulations that make it next to impossible to field an equal product shares part of the blame. It's what creates the bottleneck in the first place.
The patent on the drug has run out. The mechanism that delivers the drug is fairly new. Are you against patents? The price of the product needs to regulated by the government. Stop screwing yourself with misguided conservative ideology and support more government regulations

EpiPen gives doses of life-saving epinephrine for nearly 50 years - IPWatchdog.com | Patents & Patent Law

If you tell them they can only sell it for $100, they WILL STOP SHIPPING IT YOU BLITHERING IDIOT.
Hey DUMB ASS. Do you just make shit up as you go? The price is currently $100.00 in Canada because they REGULATE drug prices.
Allergy Canada - EpiPen

Canada is a much smaller market. hell the reason they jacked up the US prices is probably to cover the cost in Canada.
First you say they won't sell it if the price is regulated. Then when I show you where they are selling it for $100 it in a regulated market, you make up some more BS. The fact that the US is a bigger market gives us even more leverage to impose price controls.

OK, if you aren't hospitable enough to let me crash at your place then I'll provide an example of how you might be getting burned. Your wages are too low, your health care sucks, you pay too much for Internet, cable and phone, you are no longer middle class, your environment is polluted, your banking and brokerage fees are outrageous and big, unregulated money has put Hillary Clinton on top. And God help you if someone in your family needs an EpiPen injection

Secondly, your statement was I AM getting burned. Now you change it to MIGHT be. Hard to give validity to someone making a claim, wanting information that needed to be available before making the claim, then backing off the claim when shown the idiocy of having made it in the first place.
Most of you are getting burned but how am I supposed to know if you specifically are getting burned when you won't even allow me to take a closer look at your life situation? I'm only asking that you cover my expenses. I believe my offer is very generous and I will ask you at this point to re-consider. If you want, you can just send me the documents. Check your pm for my address.

When you indicated you knew I AM getting burned, the only way you could have done it is to already have such evidence. You made that claim. Then, when told you're an idiot for making such a claim without evidence, you change it to MIGHT be losing all credibility.

Hate to break it to you but I've done the checking and the response to your claim that I am getting burned is it's a false claim.
Either way, my poor attempt at humor does not negate the fact that de-regulation allows capitalistic greed, like the EpiPen situation, to flourish. You may claim that unregulated markets have absolutely zero effect on you or anyone else but you would be full of shit.

Yeah, that's what it was. Bullshit. You made a claim you couldn't support, got called on it, backpedaled when you did, and now you lie calling it an attempt at humor. That means you're full of shit.
Wrong. You're the one who's full of shit so na-na-na.

Allergy Canada - EpiPen

First you say they won't sell it if the price is regulated. Then when I show you where they are selling it for $100 it in a regulated market, you make up some more BS. The fact that the US is a bigger market gives us even more leverage to impose price controls.

or they can tell us to just piss off.

And what is the mechanism for forcing them to sell it at a certain price?

[/QUOTE]

The government created the bottleneck, and you blame the company, you ,misguided dime store hack.

What would you arrest them for? Oh wait, the niceties of law doesn't bother you when it comes to one of your asshat pet projects.[/QUOTE]

What bottleneck? Ooooooohhhh...you mean consumer protection....ok. What regs precisely do you mean?

[

Say comrade, if you can say what the maximum a person can sell a product for is, can we say what the maximum for a sports star or movie actor is? Say. $75,000 a year?

What are the regulations that prevent generics? Are you talking about patent rights?

No, the patents have already expired on these things. The issue is that getting generic approval takes 30-48 months, and this is for drugs that have been proven effective, the only thing to be determined is if they are made the same way and have the same effect as the brand name drugs.

http://www.raps.org/Regulatory-Focus/News/2016/01/28/24195/FDA’s-Woodcock-Generic-Drug-Application-Backlog-Will-be-Eliminated-Before-GDUFA-II/
Looks to be bi-partisan consensus that the wait time needs to improve... Would you support an increase in funding towards the FDA so they can hire and expand to more efficiently process these generic applications?

They got an increase in funding via the plan shown in the article a "tax" on manufacturers, and the review time WENT UP.

Now they promise it will all be fixed by 2017, and they are running out of time on that one as well.
I'm not seeing where regulations are causing the problem. It appears to be a large backlog of applications due to an ineffective department in need of an overhaul

What about the SIZE of the application required? Why do you think it takes so long to go through one of the damn things?
The size of an application isn't really a regulation, but I can see where that could make the application process run quicker... Have you seen an application? Do you know how big it is and what areas you feel are unnecessary to analyze?

No, the patents have already expired on these things. The issue is that getting generic approval takes 30-48 months, and this is for drugs that have been proven effective, the only thing to be determined is if they are made the same way and have the same effect as the brand name drugs.

http://www.raps.org/Regulatory-Focus/News/2016/01/28/24195/FDA’s-Woodcock-Generic-Drug-Application-Backlog-Will-be-Eliminated-Before-GDUFA-II/
Looks to be bi-partisan consensus that the wait time needs to improve... Would you support an increase in funding towards the FDA so they can hire and expand to more efficiently process these generic applications?

They got an increase in funding via the plan shown in the article a "tax" on manufacturers, and the review time WENT UP.

Now they promise it will all be fixed by 2017, and they are running out of time on that one as well.
I'm not seeing where regulations are causing the problem. It appears to be a large backlog of applications due to an ineffective department in need of an overhaul

What about the SIZE of the application required? Why do you think it takes so long to go through one of the damn things?
The size of an application isn't really a regulation, but I can see where that could make the application process run quicker... Have you seen an application? Do you know how big it is and what areas you feel are unnecessary to analyze?

The amount of regulations dictates the size and complexity of the package.

I am not intimately familiar with FDA protocols, But I deal with regulations when it comes to construction and wastewater treatment, and even those are needlessly complex and require inane amounts of reporting.

The price of the Epipen just went up 500%. It costs a dollar to make, and big pharma is charging $500.00 to save a child's life.

The cost of all drugs in the U.S. are ten times more than any other country.

Health insurance is high because of greed. Doctors and hospitals are some of the greediest.

And it's not just big pharma, it's big oil too. When oil was $140.00 a barrel, gas cost $4.00 a gallon. Now oil is three times less at $47.00 a barrel, and we still pay over $2,20 a gallon.

But the real big greed is the military industrial contractors. $600.00 for toilet seats.....$500.00 for coffee makers....and that's just the cheap stuff.

Greed is why we have a $17 trillion national debt.

Greed is why most crimes are committed. Most in prison are there because of greed.

Lawyers are greedy. NO money, you're guilty.

Politicians work less than six months a year for over $200,000.00 plus healthcare, paid vacations, free transportation, and full retirement after four years.

Remember all you 20, 30 & 40 somethings, you're gonna be old in the blink of an eye....and you're gonna pay through the wazoo. Promise.

You are confused.

You have the the option of not buying from a corporation if you don't like them.

The real greed in this country is those filthy ass welfare queens that use the government to get other people to pay their bills for them. That is despicable greed.

Then you have the greedy unions that pay off shitheads like Obama and Crooked Hillary to use the oppressive government to protect their greed.

[

What bottleneck? Ooooooohhhh...you mean consumer protection....ok. What regs precisely do you mean?

learn to use the quote function properly, mouth breather. I can't keep fixing it for you all the time.

Wouldn't the consumers be more protected with more competitors for Mylan? Why does it take 30-48 months to approve a generic equivalent for an existing drug of known effectiveness?

Allergy Canada - EpiPen

I don't know. Ask Canada. They've got the price down to $100.00. In the US we pay $600.00 because drug prices aren't regulated. How freakng hard is that to understand?

Allergy Canada - EpiPen

I don't know. Ask Canada. They've got the price down to $100.00. In the US we pay $600.00 because drug prices aren't regulated. How freakng hard is that to understand?

Actually $300 because you idiots keep swapping back and forth between a single unit and the two pack, whenever it suits your narrative.

FEED THE GREED = REPUBLICAN PARTY MOTTO

=====

Welcome to the United Corporate States of America

Democracy is dead

Long live the Corporation

[

Say comrade, if you can say what the maximum a person can sell a product for is, can we say what the maximum for a sports star or movie actor is? Say. $75,000 a year?
Ridiculous comparisons don't help your argument. How about if we deregulate murder and child porn? After all, we don't want the government intruding on what people do.

Allergy Canada - EpiPen

Actually $300 because you idiots keep swapping back and forth between a single unit and the two pack, whenever it suits your narrative.
You're falling flat again. Even at $300, that's 50% less than Americans pay. It's cheaper in Canada because of of government price controls

Wrong. You're the one who's full of shit so na-na-na.

I didn't make a claim about you that I couldn't support, then backpedal, then change what I said, freeload with a request to give you something, and lie about it only being an attempt at humor. All evidence you're a piece of shit.

The amount of regulations dictates the size and complexity of the package.

I am not intimately familiar with FDA protocols, But I deal with regulations when it comes to construction and wastewater treatment, and even those are needlessly complex and require inane amounts of reporting.
I'm just not seeing it man... Your statements seem to be based on assumptions not on fact. You can complain about the regulations in construction and wastewater management if thats what you have experience in but without knowing the FDA process you can't make an educated critique.

Personally, I don't mind a thorough application for things like drugs, construction, and utilities that directly effect the health and safety of our public. I have family that works for one of the largest water companies in the US and I understand the pain in the ass that regulations cause. I watch the city council meetings and hear the debates. In a democracy we have a responsibility to listen to the concerns of the people so if a group wants to limit development because of environmental reasons or otherwise their voices get to be heard. I don't always like it and understand the frustrations but we don't just say screw you we are a private company and we get to do whatever we want whether you like it or not.

Forum List

Back