Capital One Phishing Texts

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Just received a text purportedly from Capital One claiming they'd been hacked and provides a link to supposedly secure your account.

This is a phishing expedition and it IS NOT from Capital One. Do NOT use the link.

It was easy for me to figure out, I have not now nor have I ever had a Capital One account so just a heads up for those who may have accounts.

Just received a text purportedly from Capital One claiming they'd been hacked and provides a link to supposedly secure your account.

This is a phishing expedition and it IS NOT from Capital One. Do NOT use the link.

It was easy for me to figure out, I have not now nor have I ever had a Capital One account so just a heads up for those who may have accounts.
Mmmm...<><

There is definitely an uptick of this kind of thing.
A few days ago I received a text that says = " Call 8063109738 - 195# VISA Card-temporarily-locked
It "came" from a bank I don't have an account with. Then the next day I received one with the exact same message but this time claiming to be Chase Bank... who I also don't have an account with.

The elderly lady across from me and down one keeps falling for Amazon scams. Eventually she is going to get taken down hard by them. They phish for some information and use that to phish her for more information. Eventually despite my repeated warnings, she is going to give them that last bit of information--her bank accounts--and it will all disappear in a flash.

Forum List

Back