Zone1 canonized (b4 Vatican II) saints who fought the devil and lived to tell about it

This is the unscriptural NONSENSE that appeals to only Catholics

From the article

Catholic tradition encourages us to appeal for assistance to saints who fought battles similar to ours. So when tempted to lust, I would choose St. Benedict; when provoked to anger, I would call on St. Jerome; when struggling with vainglory, St. Ignatius Loyola; discouragement, St. Teresa of Ávila; despair, St. (Padre) Pio; and so on.

This is the unscriptural NONSENSE that appeals to only Catholics

From the article

Catholic tradition encourages us to appeal for assistance to saints who fought battles similar to ours. So when tempted to lust, I would choose St. Benedict; when provoked to anger, I would call on St. Jerome; when struggling with vainglory, St. Ignatius Loyola; discouragement, St. Teresa of Ávila; despair, St. (Padre) Pio; and so on.
The difference between some of the non-Catholic Christian denominations and Catholics seems to be a non-Catholic philosophy of 'Its me and Christ and no one else'. Catholics grow up with the idea that all the living and all who have passed on are members of the Body of Christ--we remain one in Christ, we are one in the Spirit, and we can all work together. Perhaps it can be compared to an Eco-system, where, spiritually, we interact among and together.

The difference between some of the non-Catholic Christian denominations and Catholics seems to be a non-Catholic philosophy of 'Its me and Christ and no one else'. Catholics grow up with the idea that all the living and all who have passed on are members of the Body of Christ--we remain one in Christ, we are one in the Spirit, and we can all work together. Perhaps it can be compared to an Eco-system, where, spiritually, we interact among and together.
unscriptural nonsense/false teaching. There is ONE MEDIATOR, Jesus.

Forum List

Back