Cancun Ted calls for more regulation of the Texas energy industry

make lobbying illegal like it is in Europe. In reality Corporate America owns this country as they own the politicians
You think they dont have lobbying groups? It doesn't really make any difference whether they work legally or 'illegally'.
Link please
Well, frankly I dont have a link. It is my assumption. I think that big business and big politics are intertwined. Doesn't matter whether it is in the US or Europe or elsewhere.
Under the table? Maybe...

Under the table, of course. And some formal regulations arent the thing that can stop this.
It is a start IMO. It is so overt in the US that I find it crazy.

make lobbying illegal like it is in Europe. In reality Corporate America owns this country as they own the politicians
You think they dont have lobbying groups? It doesn't really make any difference whether they work legally or 'illegally'.
Link please
Well, frankly I dont have a link. It is my assumption. I think that big business and big politics are intertwined. Doesn't matter whether it is in the US or Europe or elsewhere.

Under the table, of course. And some formal regulations arent the thing that can stop this.
I dont think it will help much. There should be fundamental changes. Formal anti-lobbyst law isnt even a start.

Link please

I dont think it will help much. There should be fundamental changes. Formal anti-lobbyst law isnt even a start.
What would you recommend?

Link please

Big government will always be corrupted. The power of the central government should be limited, the rights of the States greatly increased. There should be simple and clear procedures that enable communities to withdraw their representatives. Maybe term limits for Congress members (including state level too).

LMAO $6000 holy fuck.

Why would you not get a locked-in contract for electricity? Doing a day-to-day rate based on "Current energy exchange rates" is insane XD

Because that's how Texas lawmakers set this system up. It's not to benefit the consumer. It's all for the corporations.

LMAO $6000 holy fuck.

Why would you not get a locked-in contract for electricity? Doing a day-to-day rate based on "Current energy exchange rates" is insane XD

Because that's how Texas lawmakers set this system up. It's not to benefit the consumer. It's all for the corporations.
because youve lied before why dont you back up that claim with a link??

Link please

Elections should be funded based on the number of voters in the district - each candidate to get the same amount. Elections to last not longer than 42 days. No campaign before an election is called. No money spent outside of public funding.

No lobbying, PAC's or dark money. Just straight up - here's your campaign money - 7 weeks and we're done. Stop this endless campaigning and fund raising. You're elected to keep the country functioning. That's what you're paid for. Do your fucking job.

LMAO $6000 holy fuck.

The links to the oversight board and rules were posted at the time of the freeze. No need to post them again.

Abbott was really clear that this is how Texas wants to run their operations. Fuck the feds.

LMAO $6000 holy fuck.

The links to the oversight board and rules were posted at the time of the freeze. No need to post them again.

Abbott was really clear that this is how Texas wants to run their operations. Fuck the feds.
good for him,,

fuck the feds is the american way,, but you wouldnt know about that beings you are the property of your government,,

LMAO $6000 holy fuck.

I haven't lied before but I give you credit for trying that old trick again. Like I keep telling you, you're saying something doesn't make it true. Republicans are known for accusing others of lying to cover their own lies. You keep trying it, but you're not smart enough to pull it off.

There's a link for you to play with.

LMAO $6000 holy fuck.

I haven't lied before but I give you credit for trying that old trick again. Like I keep telling you, you're saying something doesn't make it true. Republicans are known for accusing others of lying to cover their own lies. You keep trying it, but you're not smart enough to pull it off.

sorry sweetie but I aint no republican,, and yes you lie all the time,, and also stick your skabby nose where it doesnt belong,,

LMAO $6000 holy fuck.

good for him,,

fuck the feds is the american way,, but you wouldnt know about that beings you are the property of your government,,

"Fuck the feds" is the idiot's refrain. Smart people don't set themselves up to fail, which is what Texas has done. Also, 700 people died as a result of "Fuck the feds".

Nothing kills like Republican lawmakers.

Let's see what right wing anti-regulation folks in this board say about this.
My best bet is that they are going to claim that they always wanted regulation for these companies anyway, but they were too busy to write it anywhere in the internets.

Utilities are already regulated, especially the rates they charge. Cruz just doesn't want to give them the right to fuck Texans up the ass.

LMAO $6000 holy fuck.

sorry sweetie but I aint no republican,, and yes you lie all the time,, and also stick your skabby nose where it doesnt belong,,

Like you I said, you calling anyone a liar is laughable. Taking a page out of Trump's book and smearing people you have no evidence against, didn't work for Trump. Why would it work for someone who is at bad at lying as you are, fool?

LMAO $6000 holy fuck.

good for him,,

"Fuck the feds" is the idiot's refrain. Smart people don't set themselves up to fail, which is what Texas has done. Also, 700 people died as a result of "Fuck the feds".

Nothing kills like Republican lawmakers.
you crack me up,,

this was a once in a lifetime event and only idiots throw out common sense for expensive security they will never use,,,

I bet you wear a motorcycle helmet when you walk to the bathroom at nights,,

LMAO $6000 holy fuck.

Like you I said, you calling anyone a liar is laughable. Taking a page out of Trump's book and smearing people you have no evidence against, didn't work for Trump. Why would it work for someone who is at bad at lying as you are, fool?
trump trump trump,, is that all you got???

hate to break it to you buttercup but I dont like trump and didnt vote for him,,,

Let's see what right wing anti-regulation folks in this board say about this.
My best bet is that they are going to claim that they always wanted regulation for these companies anyway, but they were too busy to write it anywhere in the internets.

Has Ted Cruz asked for legislation mandating electric providers harden their systems against freezing weather??

Link please

Elections should be funded based on the number of voters in the district - each candidate to get the same amount. Elections to last not longer than 42 days. No campaign before an election is called. No money spent outside of public funding.

No lobbying, PAC's or dark money. Just straight up - here's your campaign money - 7 weeks and we're done. Stop this endless campaigning and fund raising. You're elected to keep the country functioning. That's what you're paid for. Do your fucking job.
I can live with that

Forum List

Back