Cancer-causing agent detected in water after Yellow Stone Pipeline "spill"

R

rdean

I like the way they call it a "spill", like a very small "oopsie".

Cancer-causing agent detected in water after pipeline spill

Additional tests were conducted early Monday after residents began complaining of the petroleum- or diesel-like smell from their tap water. That's when the high benzene levels were found.

Benzene in the range of 10 to 15 ppb was detected from the city's water, said Paul Peronard with the EPA. Anything above 5 ppb is considered a long-term risk, he said.

Another pipeline spill along the Yellowstone River in Montana released 63,000 gal of oil in July 2011. An Exxon Mobil Corp. pipeline broke during flooding, and oil washed up along an 85-mile stretch of riverbank.

After oil spill company says new line will be safer

------------------------------------------

Bon Appetit!

Republicans on the USMB insist that pipelines are so much safer. Except the "spills" are so much bigger.

"Cancer-causing substance in water supply..."

And people mock my saving old bottled water jugs with clean water in case our supplies ever get compromised.

VINDICATION! :)

Additional tests were conducted early Monday after residents began complaining of the petroleum- or diesel-like smell from their tap water. That's when the high benzene levels were found.

Benzene in the range of 10 to 15 ppb was detected from the city's water, said Paul Peronard with the EPA. Anything above 5 ppb is considered a long-term risk, he said.

Another pipeline spill along the Yellowstone River in Montana released 63,000 gal of oil in July 2011. An Exxon Mobil Corp. pipeline broke during flooding, and oil washed up along an 85-mile stretch of riverbank.

Bon Appetit!

Republicans on the USMB insist that pipelines are so much safer. Except the "spills" are so much bigger.
dude, do you have any before numbers?

Bon Appetit!

Before what? Before the spills?

Bon Appetit!

yep, that would be correct? What was the amount of Benzene in the water? Got that?

Bon Appetit!

yep, that would be correct? What was the amount of Benzene in the water? Got that?

Rdean probably thinks it was zero.

Bon Appetit!

right?

Bon Appetit!

Clearly that's not what I wrote in my post. Oh wait, are you asking if I think you are a "zero"? No, because I know you're a zero.

Bon Appetit!

Clearly that's not what I wrote in my post. Oh wait, are you asking if I think you are a "zero"? No, because I know you're a zero.

I didn't ask you anything, deanie. I just assume you're a moron who knows nothing. Actually, I don't assume it. I know it.

Forum List

Back