Cancel Culture is destroying America

It's time to cancel this talk of 'cancel culture'

What, exactly is cancel culture?​
Is it someone getting fired for harassment or problematic views? No, that's a workplace doing its job.​
Is it a popular figure losing fans or affiliations because of their past actions? No, that's the power of public opinion.​
Is it a company choosing not to publish a book, or a group of people boycotting a brand? No, that's just the free market at work.​
Cancel culture, as it's understood today, isn't real. Not only do people and things allegedly "canceled" by this imaginary movement often prevail in the end, the whole concept is a smoke screen to distract from actual systemic forces of suppression.​

Let's take a look at some recent victims of so-called cancel culture.​
Dr. Seuss Enterprises, the group that handles the iconic author's legacy, announced a handful of his titles, out of dozens, will no longer be printed or sold because of racist depictions. These books are not illegal to own, and in fact, many libraries have said they are actively finding ways to keep these titles on their shelves with context around their troubling content.​

Still, some people cried "cancel culture" and within days, mainstream Seuss titles like "The Cat in the Hat" were topping bestseller lists.​

Bestselling country artist Morgan Wallen faced criticism after he was caught saying a racial slur on camera. Some radio stations decided to stop playing his songs, but they climbed up the Spotify charts nonetheless, and his album sales and social media followers skyrocketed. So far, his career has certainly not be canceled.​

Neither were the careers of Lana Del Ray, Doja Cat, Camila Cabello, Justin Bieber or other singers accused of racist speech.​
Gina Carano, who played a supporting role on Disney's "The Mandalorian," was fired after comparing the treatment of conservatives to the Holocaust.​
She's not banned from getting work, and in fact has already landed herself another gig -- funded by conservative pundit Ben Shapiro.[...]​

There is accountability. There are legal repercussions. There are tides of public opinion and the pull of the free market. There are also longstanding institutional structures that serve to suppress and threaten those who act against the interests of those with power.​

None of this is cancel culture.
What does that have to do with the OP and the video I posted? So you think Maher is making it up?

It is a response to the ridiculous idea of a "cancel culture". It is an opinion as valid as Mahers.
Maher's comes with facts that 80% of the population believes our PC culture sucks. When Bill Maher and Ben Shapiro agree on something we should all listen. You're part of the problem and you don't even see it. Wow
And yet conservatives fail time and again to provide an example of someone ā€˜canceled.ā€™

Indeed, those subject to criticism for their comments or actions are not only not ā€˜canceled,ā€™ but they continue to flourish and thrive.

The fact remains that ā€˜cancel cultureā€™ is a myth ā€“ a rightwing contrivance intended to foment baseless controversy and conflict and further divide the American people, perceived by the right as politically beneficial.

That Bill Maher and Ben Shapiro might agree on something demonstrates only that both are wrong.

Whatā€™s harmful to the nation is rightists advancing the lie that conservatives live in perpetual fear that at some point theyā€™re be ā€˜targetedā€™ by the ā€˜liberal eliteā€™ for ā€˜cancelation.ā€™

ā€˜Cancel cultureā€™ is nothing but a dishonest variation on the conservatives as ā€˜victimsā€™ lie.
It is in the video and Maher is not a conservative. Are you trolling?

Kaep and Carano arenā€™t the same. NFL didnā€™t fire Kaep. He sucked and wasnā€™t signed.

Actually, he was blackballed because of collusion amongst the owners, and the NFL settled when called upon it.

Carano was fired as admitted by Disney due to pressure from the far left.

Actually, she wasn't 'fired", she just didn't get a new contract, and the decision not to give her one was probably made before this incident.

When employers are bullied itā€™s different than if employers just dislike the employee. That being said they have every right to do what they did.

How is it different? Frankly, public corporations SHOULD be subject to public pressure. But merely firing someone because you don't like them, workers should have more protections than that.

hose who donā€™t like it are allowed to state as such and also not buy their product. I have Cancelled by ESPN+ and my kids are almost out of the Disney stage so next year I ll cancel my subscription there as well. I am only one person but hopefully others will do the same.

Disney and the rest of Hollywood have decided they don't care about what little the right pays for entertainment.
1) If he could play he d still be playing. He sucked. He is like the JoeB of the NFL.

2) Wrong. She was fired.

3) At will employees are that for a reason. You dumb fat loser. I have explained to you 100x my issue isnā€™t the firing itā€™s the fact that they were pressured to do so. If they were unhappy with her acting then I would have zero issue with it.

4) ā€œLittle the Right paysā€...thatā€™s like 75 million people. LOL. You really do have zero business acumen. Thank you for proving that again and again.

Maher's comes with facts that 80% of the population believes our PC culture sucks. When Bill Maher and Ben Shapiro agree on something we should all listen. You're part of the problem and you don't even see it. Wow

Nope, it just shows a term like "Political Correctness" has negative connotations. In reality, nobody wants to work with a screaming bigot of homophobe, and most people are okay with firing them.

What does that have to do with the OP and the video I posted? So you think Maher is making it up?

Maher is still whining because 20 years ago, he got "cancelled" after praising the courage of terrorists and calling our soldiers "cowards".

First of all, Colin Kapernick and Gina Carano were NOT doing anything to make anyone look bad.
In fact, what they did and said was totally correct and an attempt to improve the world.
Second is that firing someone IS like putting them in jail, in that you are deliberately causing them great harm.

Employers should have to be much more careful than that in how they arbitrarily fire people without at all understanding the details.

I don't see how Mannish Woman was making the world a better place by using False Godwins, spreading conspiracy theories against Covid or being a transphobic twat.
Youā€™re like a retarded parrot. Youā€™re stating the same stupid argument that has already been debunked. Adults are talking butt out, fatty.

Here is a list of companies that supported the BLM/Communist insurrection.

The Full List ā€“ Here Are The 269 Companies Who Are Supporting BLM & Antifa Riots

The Full List ā€“ Here Are The 269 Companies Who Are Supporting BLM & Antifa Riots

And you posted that because? Wait, let me guess...you want to cancel those companies?

Anyone else getting irony poisoning?

When making choices in the marketplace it is good to know when a company supports things that are destructive to your country. Like the BLM terrorism.

Right, left and or Center. We need to come together on this and tell the SJWs to pound sand. Bill Maher is a Democrat and frequently eviscerates Trump. But he and Trump agree on at least two facts. First is that endless wars are stupid. Second is that cancel culture is destroying America.

I expect assholes like JoeB, Mac and Candycorn to take the opposite view as they are shameless
Leftist assholes. But can rest of us agree on this please?

80% of Americans believe that cancel culture is a problem in this country but we wonā€™t stand up to the 20% who tell us otherwise. Enough is enough.

Letā€™s unite against cancel culture

Cancel culture is A REAL THREAT to our nation but Mac is not a part of that threat. He has been consistent in his opposition to it.

And you posted that because? Wait, let me guess...you want to cancel those companies?

There is a difference between a personal choice to shop or not shop somewhere and an outside entity making that choice for you.
If you don't understand the difference then you don't know what cancel culture is.

Right, left and or Center. We need to come together on this and tell the SJWs to pound sand. Bill Maher is a Democrat and frequently eviscerates Trump. But he and Trump agree on at least two facts. First is that endless wars are stupid. Second is that cancel culture is destroying America.

I expect assholes like JoeB, Mac and Candycorn to take the opposite view as they are shameless

80% of Americans believe that cancel culture is a problem in this country but we wonā€™t stand up to the 20% who tell us otherwise. Enough is enough.

Cancel culture is A REAL THREAT to our nation but Mac is not a part of that threat. He has been consistent in his opposition to it.

Mac is a leftist. I frankly do not believe him.

What is cancel culture?
It is the latest slogan that an angry faction alienated from America have been trained to squawk incessantly.

The insidious mindset that is averse to flailing pom poms when goons embrace a lie that provokes them into deadly attacks on our public institutions = "cancel culture."

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 9.15.19 AM.png

Law Enforcement Under Assault by "Culture"

What is cancel culture?
It is the latest slogan that an angry faction alienated from America have been trained to squawk incessantly.

The insidious mindset that is averse to flailing pom poms when goons embrace a lie that provokes them into deadly attacks on our public institutions = "cancel culture."

View attachment 465392
Law Enforcement Under Assault by "Culture"

The video comes from the left. Again, when Ben Shapiro and Bill Maher are on the same page, we should all listen. Including you, old man.

There is a difference between a personal choice to shop or not shop somewhere and an outside entity making that choice for you.
If you don't understand the difference then you don't know what cancel culture is.
The slogan "cancel culture" appears to be an effort to deny the right of private enterprise to make corporate decisions, a suppression that is antithetical to free market capitalism.

I do. Being on the left isn't the problem. The radical left any hyper progressives are.

When making choices in the marketplace it is good to know when a company supports things that are destructive to your country. Like the BLM terrorism.
And yet you get upset and snivel about ā€œcancel cultureā€ when people made a marketplace choice with Disney.

If you worked for a company and your work caused that company to lose money, do they have a right to fire you or not?

I do. Being on the left isn't the problem. The radical left any hyper progressives are.

Leftist = radical left. That's who he is. He vilified everyone who voted for Trump.

And yet you get upset and snivel about ā€œcancel cultureā€ when people made a marketplace choice with Disney.

If you worked for a company and your work caused that company to lose money, do they have a right to fire you or not?
Disney lost money AFTER firing her not because of anything she said.

Recent polls show that 70% of Americans think what Disney did was wrong. 40% of them said it would impact their support for Disney products.

The Twitter outrage mobs DO NOT reflect America. In fact many in the outrage mobs don't care about the products they rage about. It is just a means to an end.

What is cancel culture? If you want the right to say what you want and make people still transact with you you can fuck off. Iā€™m not buying crap from people who think the election was stolen and raided the Capitol.
Itā€™s in the OP. Nothing to do with the election if you clicked on the video. You are such a stupid asshole.

No he's not the stupid one here.

"Cancel culture" is yet another stupid FOX News bullshit notion like the "War on Christmas". This is a deflection from the Republicans lack of ideas, plans and or the ability to run the country without crashing the economy, and putting millions out of work.
Then why is Bill Mahar talking about it? Is he a FoxNews shill?

Bill Maher is an asshole. He has a lot of ideas which are bullshit, including about Muslims.

All this talk about "cancel culture" utterly ignores Colin Kaepernick, who was fired for "taking a knee" and hasn't worked since. The calls for his firing from the right were overwhelming. Boycott the NFL - and other sports.

Instead, FOX and you fools are focussed on people who have been deplatformed for lying, and spreading dangerous and false ideas. The easy answer to keep Republicans on privately owned platforms is really simple: STOP LYING ABOUT THE ELECTION. Stop lying about Democrats. It shouldn't be that hard to just tell the truth. If Republicans can't tell the truth, then they don't deserve to be elected.

JUST STOP LYING.

Leftist = radical left. That's who he is. He vilified everyone who voted for Trump.

Says the guy who makes up quotes just so he can vilify everyone on the left. Once again, you accuse others of the very thing you're doing. Just look at your signature, attempting to vilify leftist posters here. You can't claim you're on the right side of things, when all you do is lie about other people.

What is cancel culture? If you want the right to say what you want and make people still transact with you you can fuck off. Iā€™m not buying crap from people who think the election was stolen and raided the Capitol.
Itā€™s in the OP. Nothing to do with the election if you clicked on the video. You are such a stupid asshole.

No he's not the stupid one here.

"Cancel culture" is yet another stupid FOX News bullshit notion like the "War on Christmas". This is a deflection from the Republicans lack of ideas, plans and or the ability to run the country without crashing the economy, and putting millions out of work.
Then why is Bill Mahar talking about it? Is he a FoxNews shill?

Bill Maher is an asshole. He has a lot of ideas which are bullshit, including about Muslims.

All this talk about "cancel culture" utterly ignores Colin Kaepernick, who was fired for "taking a knee" and hasn't worked since. The calls for his firing from the right were overwhelming. Boycott the NFL - and other sports.

Instead, FOX and you fools are focussed on people who have been deplatformed for lying, and spreading dangerous and false ideas. The easy answer to keep Republicans on privately owned platforms is really simple: STOP LYING ABOUT THE ELECTION. Stop lying about Democrats. It shouldn't be that hard to just tell the truth. If Republicans can't tell the truth, then they don't deserve to be elected.

JUST STOP LYING.
You're not American so why the hell should anyone bother with the tripe you post?

Isn't there a forum for the politics of your nation?

Says the guy who makes up quotes just so he can vilify everyone on the left. Once again, you accuse others of the very thing you're doing. Just look at your signature, attempting to vilify leftist posters here. You can't claim you're on the right side of things, when all you do is lie about other people.

Vilify? Those are their quotes? LOL.

New Topics

Forum List

Back