Cancel culture goes after USA Today editor Hemal Jhaveri for saying that the Boulder shooter was white

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
Hemal Jhaveri just got fired from USA Today because she said the Boulder shooter was white.

Here’s a picture of the Boulder shooter. He sure looks white to me.

ahmad-al-aliwi-al-issa.jpg

But regardless of whether Jhaveri was right or wrong about the shooter’s race, I think it sucks that USA Today fired Jhaveri.

Cancel culture sucks.

Good lord- working on their PhD in the discipline of STUPID- SMH- idiots and with alleged higher education - good lord!

But regardless of whether Jhaveri was right or wrong about the shooter’s race, I think it sucks that USA Today fired Jhaveri.

Cancel culture sucks.
You can't combat racism by being a racist. She is.

*shrugs*

You can't end segregation, by segregating yourself from everyone else. She's a hypocrite, and got hit by her own ideologies.

Hemal Jhaveri just got fired from USA Today because she said the Boulder shooter was white.

Cancel culture sucks.
He has the same hue as AOC. She says she's not white. He is a Syrian Muslim. Maybe a POCmark.

He is a Syrian Muslim
White- religion and country of origin don't mean a lot- I was born in Texas- I'm Irish and Indian- I tan well- I have white hair (at 73, all white and not a lot of facial hair) but, I'm called being white- I ain't religious either-

He is a Syrian Muslim
White- religion and country of origin don't mean a lot- I was born in Texas- I'm Irish and Indian- I tan well- I have white hair (at 73, all white and not a lot of facial hair) but, I'm called being white- I ain't religious either-
He is white because he is the shooter. If he was a victim he would be a non white minority.

Situations like this one lend substantial credence to the idea that "race" is a social construct. If his name and ethnic background were unknown, he could be Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, anything, judging from the picture alone.

Cancel culture sucks.

Correct, because that would have never happened if he was a dark skinned middle-east person and all the media reported him as a black suspect. :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back