Canadians now owe roughly $1.70 for every $1 they earn

Put a fork in the Canadian economy for the rest of this century. This, on top of now a massive increase in food prices. Guess what CBC is blaming the price increases on? Climate change and covid-19.

The Canadian Dream hasn't existed for 50 years, it is long gone, along with our reputation and civil liberties. Consider how weak our PPP is and how it is nearly impossible to make it to the Millionaires Club, let along the Billionaires Club in Canada, and the offset is only to reward the creepy kakistocracy.

Canadians are positively swimming in debt.

More than $2 trillion, in fact, according to the latest numbers from the Bank of Canada — up by almost four per cent in the past year, despite repeated dire warnings from economists, policy-makers and central bankers.

Canadians now owe roughly $1.70 for every $1 they earn, a ratio that experts warn is among the highest in the developed world.

And Canadian families are feeling the pinch.

Civil servant Lee Hyndman lives in Vancouver with her husband, Chris, a seasonal worker, and their two kids. In the past, the family didn't have to worry about keeping a roof over their heads.

But all that changed with a few unexpected calamities.
Another developed country falls victim to 'profit over people'. They all will. A political reckoning is coming.

The INDIVIDUALS abused their credit.. I know as a leftist that falls on deaf ears because the govt exist solely to PROTECT YOU from yourself and risk -- but these are not victims. They willingly ran up the debt without a plan..

If there is systematic economic hardship that Canada is NOT addressing -- that's one thing. Then they would be "victims" of govt neglect. But spending on the "hope fairy" is not a plan in any solvent country..

When we bought our last car together, the bank told my husband they would approve us for a $25,000 car loan, before we went shopping. I told my husband there was no fucking way we were borrowing $25,000 or even half that amount. Every day, I get offers of credit cards, loans, or mortgages in my mailbox.

I am debt free and I have every intention of staying that way. I have no car, even though my daughter offered me her car when she got a new one. Cars are costly, and repairs will $500 you to death. I can walk or ride my bike anywhere in town I need to go.

But I was also a bank manager, and have training and experience in helping people to thrive financially, and achieve their financial goals. What I learned in that job, and in my own life is that most people have no idea of how to manage money. They trusted ME to tell them what they could afford. If my goal was just to sell product and make my numbers look good, I could easily talk people into taking on more debt than they could have afforded.

Canada is broke. We lose our best talent and overpay the massive, creepy, covert controlling police apparatus in Canada. Without citizens taking on debt, the economy would have finished long ago. We don't produce enough, nor are as efficient and innovative and real democracies.

As such, as Canada collapses and we go from Middle Power to Little Power, keep your eye on the ride. I know this much, I'm not responsible for this outcome...

I don't know what country you live in but it sure isn't Canada. There is no "creepy, covert controlling police apparatus" in Canada and you have offered no genuine evidence that there is. I have never heard anyone but you and that loony guy outside the Supreme Court building with hand written sandwich board sign suggest a "police apparatus".

Our best talent is staying in Canada, especially as the USA slides towards authoritarianism and economic collapse. And we continue to be one of the best countries in the world to live, with one of the fastest growing middle classes.

Put a fork in the Canadian economy for the rest of this century. This, on top of now a massive increase in food prices. Guess what CBC is blaming the price increases on? Climate change and covid-19.

The Canadian Dream hasn't existed for 50 years, it is long gone, along with our reputation and civil liberties. Consider how weak our PPP is and how it is nearly impossible to make it to the Millionaires Club, let along the Billionaires Club in Canada, and the offset is only to reward the creepy kakistocracy.

More than $2 trillion, in fact, according to the latest numbers from the Bank of Canada — up by almost four per cent in the past year, despite repeated dire warnings from economists, policy-makers and central bankers.

Canadians now owe roughly $1.70 for every $1 they earn, a ratio that experts warn is among the highest in the developed world.

Civil servant Lee Hyndman lives in Vancouver with her husband, Chris, a seasonal worker, and their two kids. In the past, the family didn't have to worry about keeping a roof over their heads.

Another developed country falls victim to 'profit over people'. They all will. A political reckoning is coming.

The INDIVIDUALS abused their credit.. I know as a leftist that falls on deaf ears because the govt exist solely to PROTECT YOU from yourself and risk -- but these are not victims. They willingly ran up the debt without a plan..

If there is systematic economic hardship that Canada is NOT addressing -- that's one thing. Then they would be "victims" of govt neglect. But spending on the "hope fairy" is not a plan in any solvent country..

When we bought our last car together, the bank told my husband they would approve us for a $25,000 car loan, before we went shopping. I told my husband there was no fucking way we were borrowing $25,000 or even half that amount. Every day, I get offers of credit cards, loans, or mortgages in my mailbox.

I am debt free and I have every intention of staying that way. I have no car, even though my daughter offered me her car when she got a new one. Cars are costly, and repairs will $500 you to death. I can walk or ride my bike anywhere in town I need to go.

But I was also a bank manager, and have training and experience in helping people to thrive financially, and achieve their financial goals. What I learned in that job, and in my own life is that most people have no idea of how to manage money. They trusted ME to tell them what they could afford. If my goal was just to sell product and make my numbers look good, I could easily talk people into taking on more debt than they could have afforded.

Canada is broke. We lose our best talent and overpay the massive, creepy, covert controlling police apparatus in Canada. Without citizens taking on debt, the economy would have finished long ago. We don't produce enough, nor are as efficient and innovative and real democracies.

As such, as Canada collapses and we go from Middle Power to Little Power, keep your eye on the ride. I know this much, I'm not responsible for this outcome...

I don't know what country you live in but it sure isn't Canada. There is no "creepy, covert controlling police apparatus" in Canada and you have offered no genuine evidence that there is. I have never heard anyone but you and that loony guy outside the Supreme Court building with hand written sandwich board sign suggest a "police apparatus".

Our best talent is staying in Canada, especially as the USA slides towards authoritarianism and economic collapse. And we continue to be one of the best countries in the world to live, with one of the fastest growing middle classes.

Canada is on a sharp decline. Maybe you don't know it, understand it, or even care, but this is the reality.

The trough so many have their heads in is going to get much smaller for future generations. Canada is dropping rapidly. It's why the U.S on a per capita basis is going to have 10x the number of people vaccinated.

They are a nation of action, Canada is a nation of nepotism. Let me put it this way, If I were born there I wouldn't have the time to even come on here.

If your best talent is staying in Canada, why is half of Hollywood Canadian?

Our best talent isn’t in show business

Our best talent isn’t in show business
Not according to Alex Trebek.

Forum List

Back