Canadian S&W Victory Model

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I called one of my go-to shops this morning and asked if there was anything new and they said they got in three 5" Victory Models in .38 S&W. The prices seem reasonable so I drove over.

Two were just your run of the mill lean-lease VMs in so-so shape but the other had a Canadian property mark and the cylinder reamed (properly) to .38 Special (though it still says .38 S&W CTG on the barrel)....I bought it for $292.00.

Revolver with proper holster.

v 001 (2).JPG

Hoser property mark. (broad arrow inside a C)

v 006.JPG

Everything matches, tight, with a bright bore. Phosphate finish. They are very roughly finished with little attention paid to mill marks and such....They are fine where it counts though.

Evidently it ended-up in England and was exported from there given the Brit proofs.

As for the re-chambering I don't really care about that as a much better job was done (proper cylinder chamber steps) than the bored straight through conversions done by most others.

I've been wanting a 5" M&P in .38 special anyway.
wink.gif
;)

I called one of my go-to shops this morning and asked if there was anything new and they said they got in three 5" Victory Models in .38 S&W. The prices seem reasonable so I drove over.

Two were just your run of the mill lean-lease VMs in so-so shape but the other had a Canadian property mark and the cylinder reamed (properly) to .38 Special (though it still says .38 S&W CTG on the barrel)....I bought it for $292.00.

Revolver with proper holster.

View attachment 748317

Hoser property mark. (broad arrow inside a C)

View attachment 748318

Everything matches, tight, with a bright bore. Phosphate finish. They are very roughly finished with little attention paid to mill marks and such....They are fine where it counts though.

Evidently it ended-up in England and was exported from there given the Brit proofs.

As for the re-chambering I don't really care about that as a much better job was done (proper cylinder chamber steps) than the bored straight through conversions done by most others.

I've been wanting a 5" M&P in .38 special anyway.
wink.gif
;)
Nice

Now with 1943 Canadian marked holster I found on eBay.

cv 002 (2).JPG

These holsters were designed to accommodate both the Webley and Enfield MK IV revolvers as well as the S&W Victory models.

Canadians much preferred the S&W over the others as they were used to them in Canada. They did lament the fact that they were in .38/200 (.38 S&W) rather than .38 Special.

Forum List

Back