Canadian Forces top-heavy with generals as rank and file shrinks

SKSs were never manufactured in Austria. It is a Combloc rifle. Was it imported from an Austrian distributor?
Nope, my bad. I had to go look. I've owned a few of these and apparently at one time I had an Albanian made gun--sold it. I now have a Russian and a Chinese (factory 26). Sorry for the misinformation.

Nope, my bad. I had to go look. I've owned a few of these and apparently at one time I had an Albanian made gun--sold it. I now have a Russian and a Chinese (factory 26). Sorry for the misinformation.
Albanian SKSs are great collector firearms.

Canada. A throwback to the 1980s Soviet Union.

Canada’s military has become increasingly top-heavy in recent decades, with the number of rank-and-file soldiers significantly shrinking and the number of generals remaining about the same, new documents reveal.

As of March 31 this year, the regular force had dropped to 65,644 and was commanded by 129 generals and admirals, according to Canadian Forces figures released under the Access to Information law. That is in contrast to statistics from 1991, when the Canadian military’s regular force was 85,977 personnel commanded by 137 general officers.

The documents show that the significant drop in personnel was absorbed by the rank and file.

The number of privates and their naval equivalents in 1991 was 16,677. In 2021, that was 9,263. Corporals and master corporals and their naval equivalents numbered 32,265 in 1991. By 2021 that number dropped to 26,009. The number of sergeants and naval equivalents dropped from 10,211 to 6,804. In 1991, there were 8,625 warrant officers, master warrant officers and chief warrant officers and their naval equivalents. By 2021, that figure dropped to 6,376.

When you don't really have to protect your own country, but simply rely on the U.S. to do it for you....your military will logically devolve into a joke....look at Europe.....

Many Canadians are of the opinion that lowering the military ranks is a positive development.
We have no enemies from which to defend and there are none on the horizon.

You've become much to involved with the US model and that's nto a defensive military.

If the US starts a war with China or Russia, we can just relax in our lawn chairs and watch the ballistic missile contrails as they fly by in all directions.

A larger military that concentrates on offense would just invite trouble. Bad enough that the US military already has nuclear subs with nuclear warheads within 15 miles of my home in B.C.

Let me translate for you....

"As Canadians, the U.S. will protect us from Russia, China and the muslim terrorists states.....so why would we have to protect ourselves?"

There......fixed that for you...

Let me translate for you....

"As Canadians, the U.S. will protect us from Russia, China and the muslim terrorists states.....so why would we have to protect ourselves?"

There......fixed that for you...
As Canadians, Russia and China protect us from America's guns. Ask me how.

I invite you to ask me how too.
This is my invitation to anyone who's interested to carry on an adult and proper discussion. You will only be asked once today.
Good, no time to waste on nonsense. BTW, those Russian troops that are operating near your northern territories--they're just there to protect you from the US.

Good, no time to waste on nonsense. BTW, those Russian troops that are operating near your northern territories--they're just there to protect you from the US.
I have an explanation for what I've claimed but if you don't want to ask me then we'll just have to leave it at that again.

Forum List

Back