Canadian Court Rules: Twitter can be sued for content.

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
Ironically, it’s a lefty that is suing over Tweets that link him to the Clintons and Pizzagate. So let this be a reminder lefties, no one gets between these sycophants and their kids, not even Twitter.

Twatter execs of course, are stunned at the ruling:
WYjRarHm.png

Comical, lefties fighting lefties!

When the French Revolution successfully eliminated any opposition from Royalists, they immediately turned their guillotines on themselves.

When The Bolshevik Revolution was firmly in control of Russia, they began putting their own supporters into gulags.

After The Chinese Communist Revolution, came the "Cultural Revolution" which interned millions into work camps in the name of re-education.

It's the inevitable destiny of "people's revolutions" to come after "the people " first.

As soon as 230 is taken away in the USA, social .media and so called free speech, dies....

When they can be sued, for what users say.... then every word posted has to be moderated by them.... freedom is removed from everyone.
So you believe that slandering and defaming of someone is perfectly fine an should not have repercussions or remedy for the person being slandered?

Like this calling one of our military a white supremacist because he has a Jesus tattoo on his arm and wanting him demoted for it?

Love Jesus be accused.PNG

Twitter can ban @realDonaldTrump, but they can't be sued for content? Good old Jack Dorsey has his cake and eats it too on both sides of the bench. What a bunch of jackasses the whole sorry lot of those damned social media bosses.

As soon as 230 is taken away in the USA, social .media and so called free speech, dies....

When they can be sued, for what users say.... then every word posted has to be moderated by them.... freedom is removed from everyone.
So you believe that slandering and defaming of someone is perfectly fine an should not have repercussions or remedy for the person being slandered?

Like this calling one of our military a white supremacist because he has a Jesus tattoo on his arm and wanting him demoted for it?

View attachment 444550
As soon as 230 is revoked, the law that protects them from being sued, for what a poster says and posts, then the social media sites will have to moderate heavily....So to protect themselves from being sued, for what a user posts.

It will completely shut off, what we call, free speech.

I don't know the answer Rodishi... on how to prevent people from being lying, vicious, and hurtful people on social media... I simply stay away from it.....

I am just skeptical about this push to revoke 230 protections, because it is we the people, or at least those on social media, that are hurt the most....by social media, having to moderate with an iron fist, every post.

Last edited:

View attachment 444550
As soon as 230, the law that protects them from being sued, for what a poster says and posts, then the social media sites will have to moderate heavily....So to protect themselves from being sued, for what a user posts.

It will completely shut off, what we call, free speech.

I don't know the answer Rodishi... on how to prevent people from being lying, vicious, and hurtful people on social media... I simply stay away from it.....

I am just skeptical about this push to revoke 230 protections, because it is we the people, or at least those on social media, that are hurt the most....by social media, having to moderate with an iron fist, every post.
What’s worse is that all of this nonsense, such as ‘revoking’ S. 230, is based on the ridiculous lie that social media seek to ‘silence’ conservatives, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

" Freedom Of Information "

* Hands Off Rules *

If someone issues libelous statements or slanderous speach and they open themselves to lawsuit for defamation , the issue remains whether the media outlet should be held accountable as well .

In my opinion , the media outlet could be held accountable for libel if they were complicit in themselves knowingly issuing defamation statements ; however , online social media companies would be exempt from such a rule because they are not be able to evaluate the content prior to the statements being published by individuals , and only by a ruling of a judge from a civil trial , or active criminal prosecution , should the content be taken down from online social media .

If someone issues a threat for violence , it is a matter for law enforcement , and the statements should be taken down where prosecution is being pursued .

ISPs and social media outlets should abide by Net neutrality - Wikipedia , and only take action against actual crimes or by direction from judicial ruling that libel or slander has occurred .

Last edited:
" Learning Curve And Free Flow Of Information "

" Caveat Emptor Versus Private Despot Opinion Police *

What’s worse is that all of this nonsense, such as ‘revoking’ S. 230, is based on the ridiculous lie that social media seek to ‘silence’ conservatives, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.
The S.230 was setup so that social media outlets could not be sued or prosecuted for individuals posting content that could be subject to criminal prosecution , or could be subject to civil complaint for defamation .

Issue is that the social media outlets took advantage of the rule for not being sued and decided to take on the role of sanctioning public opinion and quashing opinions with which the companies did not agree , and clearly that should not be allowed by the statute .

" Freedom Of Information "

* Hands Off Rules *

If someone issues libelous statements or slanderous speach and they open themselves to lawsuit for defamation , the issue remains whether the media outlet should be held accountable as well .

In my opinion , the media outlet could be held accountable for libel if they were complicit in themselves knowingly issuing defamation statements ; however , online social media companies would be exempt from such a rule because they are not be able to evaluate the content prior to the statements being published by individuals , and only by a ruling of a judge from a civil trial , or active criminal prosecution , should the content be taken down from online social media .

If someone issues a threat for violence , it is a matter for law enforcement , and the statements should be taken down where prosecution is being pursued .

ISPs and social media outlets should abide by Net neutrality - Wikipedia , and only take action against actual crimes or by direction from judicial ruling that libel or slander has occurred .

If they take it down I would see where that works. Google slam a blog I put up about the bank's fraud. I wrote them and said 'If it is not true let them prove it as I have the proof they I committed fraud'. The blog was reinstated.

A lot of nations have condemned Twitter for canceling Trumps account...and they are springing into action to limit these big tech Nazis censoring thought in their countries...hey GOP!!!! WTF!!!!! what is taking you so long?....

Forum List

Back