Canada's poor health system that caused this woman to die after long wait in the emergency room?

At exorbitant prices, so the HC establishment can make their billions in profits. Anyone who has dealt with the system knows how corrupt it is, when it comes to costs.

I recognize a capitalist system does generate innovation, but there are multiple problems. I suspect you'll refuse to believe there are problems.

Life expectancy is fallen for years in the US. Our HC system failed us terribly during Covid. Many Americans can’t afford HC services because they can’t afford it. Many go bankrupt every year from HC costs. The third leading cause of death in the US is medical mistakes. Something needs to be done to fix the system.

Yeah? So? They get them done. You can blame a lot of the exorbitant prices on the trial lawyers and the bureaucracy that makes it take FOREVER to bring new technologies to market.

Yeah? So? They get them done. You can blame a lot of the exorbitant prices on the trial lawyers and the bureaucracy that makes it take FOREVER to bring new technologies to market.
No. Wrong again old man. Legal costs are not a major cost for the HC establishment. Certainly not what they should be, when considering the massive incompetence.

Do you deny medical mistakes take a huge number of Americans every year?

No. Wrong again old man. Legal costs are not a major cost for the HC establishment. Certainly not what they should be, when considering the massive incompetence.

Do you deny medical mistakes take a huge number of Americans every year?

Yeah, they are. My surgeon friend spends over 200,000 per YEAR on malpractice insurance even though he has never had a claim against him.

You know NOTHING about the subject.

It is in some instances. Hiring more nurses hurts the shareholder value.
Bullshit

The nurses are not out there to be hired

I bet the lib hospital administrators have even rehired the nurses they fired for not talking the deadly covid19 vaccine

But there still arent enough

Bullshit

The nurses are not out there to be hired

I bet the lib hospital administrators have even rehired the nurses they fired for not talking the deadly covid19 vaccine

But there still arent enough

Firing the nurses was stupid. You can pretend cuts aren't made to enhance shareholder value if you want. It is though.

Firing the nurses was stupid. You can pretend cuts aren't made to enhance shareholder value if you want. It is though.
Firing the nurses was a lib politically correct decision not a business move

Yeah, they are. My surgeon friend spends over 200,000 per YEAR on malpractice insurance even though he has never had a claim against him.

You know NOTHING about the subject.
Lol.

I worked for a large multinational insurance broker handling large corporate clients. I worked closely with the medical malpractice team on occasion. They generated huge premiums, but the number of claims were usually small but awards could be large. Overall the claim costs were not significant in relation to the premiums earned. Most claims were settled out of court for relatively small amounts, but occasionally a huge settlement would occur and that would make the news. Thus duping dummies like you.

Best to get informed before posting.

Really? Why? Do you think all businesses would pay for their insurance, so if they had a job, hospitals would treat them better?
healthcare in America is worse since Obamacare passed. PERIOD.
Both in cost, and quality of care.
Good luck even seeing a doctor if you are not emergent.
I have long covid, I wanted to get an xray to examine my upper respiratory that I cannot get clear.
I couldn't get in. Nearest one was about 70 days out.
It NEVER use to be that way. PERIOD.

People 'do' die in ER's. I think the problem is much bigger in America due to the poor and middle class relying on ER's so heavily. And too, as I mentioned when this thread appeared yesterday, people in America die when turned away from an ER on account of cost considerations and presumably 'class' considerations.
It's illegal to turn people away from the ER in America. The hospital is required to treat them. Also, "I think" is not a reliable source when talking about objective reality like waiting times in the ER, so I'd like to see something more concrete.

It's illegal to turn people away from the ER in America. The hospital is required to treat them. Also, "I think" is not a reliable source when talking about objective reality like waiting times in the ER, so I'd like to see something more concrete.
It's enough that you reject my comments. I don't see any opportunity to pursue the question further.

Stop watching Fox News.

It’s a big lie that doctors and hospitals are under heavy litigation. If this were true, the third leading cause of death in this nation wouldn’t be medical mistakes.

THINK.
A doctor can pay 5-6 figures annually for malpractice insurance, so litigation is a problem.

It's enough that you reject my comments. I don't see any opportunity to pursue the question further.
Not rejecting, correcting. My dad was a doctor in the US his entire working life. I know some things about the American medical care system.

A doctor can pay 5-6 figures annually for malpractice insurance, so litigation is a problem.
Not really. When the third leading cause of death is medical malpractice, they clearly are getting away with it.

Not really. When the third leading cause of death is medical malpractice, they clearly are getting away with it.
They don't have to pay for it themselves. That's what the insurance is for. So, sure, some get away with it, but just like with car insurance, make enough claims, your premiums go up, and ultimately you get dropped. So the litigation isn't really punishing the doctors, but that doesn't mean the litigation isn't there.

healthcare in America is worse since Obamacare passed. PERIOD.
Both in cost, and quality of care.
Good luck even seeing a doctor if you are not emergent.
I have long covid, I wanted to get an xray to examine my upper respiratory that I cannot get clear.
I couldn't get in. Nearest one was about 70 days out.
It NEVER use to be that way. PERIOD.

I'm so sorry! :(

It is horrible now! I mean really really really horrible!!!! But it started to be this bad due to covid! At least for my husband and I in Maine.

Our wait times are nearly 6 weeks to 6 months out... It took 9 months of pure agonizing pain, from when my husband broke his rotator cuff to surgery date.

It just took 6 months from initial cancer diagnosis for him, to get his radiation treatment....

And the same crap going on with me and appointments... Mammogram suppose to be done once a year and it was 19 months before I could get it....

This is all due to covid, and being short handed, nurses and med techs quitting.

Forum List

Back