Canada’s Euthanasia Policies Under Scrutiny As Reports Surface Of Euthanizing A Man For “Hearing Loss”

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Troubling stories are now being publicized that report Canadians with fairly standard medical conditions associated with aging are being pushed toward euthanasia.

Alan Nichols had a history of depression and other medical issues, but none were life-threatening. When the 61-year-old Canadian was hospitalized in June 2019 over fears he might be suicidal, he asked his brother to “bust him out” as soon as possible.
Within a month, Nichols submitted a request to be euthanized and he was killed, despite concerns raised by his family and a nurse practitioner.
His application for euthanasia listed only one health condition as the reason for his request to die: hearing loss.
Nichols’ family reported the case to police and health authorities, arguing that he lacked the capacity to understand the process and was not suffering unbearably — among the requirements for euthanasia. They say he was not taking needed medication, wasn’t using the cochlear implant that helped him hear, and that hospital staffers improperly helped him request euthanasia.
“Alan was basically put to death,” his brother Gary Nichols said.
It turns out more than 10,000 Canadians were killed through state-sanctioned euthanasia last year, a 33% increase from the year before. It certainly appears that Prime Minister Trudeau’s government is pushing death upon its citizens, especially the ones most in need of significant healthcare services.

Roger Foley, a patient suffering from a degenerative brain disorder in London, Ontario, was repeatedly told by hospital staff exactly how much his stay was costing taxpayers. They suggested euthanasia as a solution. The patient insisted he never brought it up, but the hospital “ethicist” tried to badger him to death with it.
“Roger, this is not my show,” the ethicist said. “My piece of this was to talk to you [to see] if you had an interest in assisted dying.”
As if all of this isn’t bad enough, a euthanasia advocacy group (Dying with Dignity Canada) is pressing for access for “mature minors.”

DWDC is of the view that the safeguards that exist now are acceptable for eligible mature minors.
DWDC recommends that the informed consent of a competent parent or guardian be required for eligible minors seeking MAID who are 12 to 15 years of age inclusive, and that MAID assessors be required to consult a competent parent or guardian for eligible minors aged 16 and 17.
Canada’s Euthanasia Policies Under Scrutiny As Reports Surface Of Euthanizing A Man For “Hearing Loss”

What's next, portable 'showers' with a Zyklon B van following it around?

Didn't we fight a war in Europe to stop such things?

Why no pressure from the US State dept. to end it?

ed4093139e1cfd97bd61b44ef63923d6.gif

Troubling stories are now being publicized that report Canadians with fairly standard medical conditions associated with aging are being pushed toward euthanasia.

It turns out more than 10,000 Canadians were killed through state-sanctioned euthanasia last year, a 33% increase from the year before. It certainly appears that Prime Minister Trudeau’s government is pushing death upon its citizens, especially the ones most in need of significant healthcare services.

As if all of this isn’t bad enough, a euthanasia advocacy group (Dying with Dignity Canada) is pressing for access for “mature minors.”

What's next, portable 'showers' with a Zyklon B van following it around?

Didn't we fight a war in Europe to stop such things?

Why no pressure from the US State dept. to end it?
Maybe Donald H can address this. He doesn't know anything about US policy, maybe he'll know about Mother Canada and Turdeau's murder policies.

Maybe Donald H can address this. He doesn't know anything about US policy, maybe he'll know about Mother Canada and Turdeau's murder policies.
Please! The man's name is Trudeau.

No matter the exaggerations being fabricated, Canada will not take away Canadians' freedom and right to choose euthanasia.

Taking away rights to satisfy the demands of religious superstition is a slippery slope that has already been demonstrated in the US.

They have been rated at 54th. in the world on rights and freedoms, and that was before the right to choose was taken away from American women.

Canadians simply hold to higher priorities on rights and freedoms that Americans are content to see abolished in the name of Christian 19th. century beliefs.

Taking away rights to satisfy the demands of religious superstition is a slippery slope
So now you are advocating murder, duck. Nice to know. Haven't you got a hangnail that you should be offered the right to be murdered for?
Canadians simply hold to higher priorities on rights and freedoms
When TURDEAU comes looking for you with his euthanasia police, we'll be cheering fascist duck.

So now you are advocating murder, duck. Nice to know. Haven't you got a hangnail that you should be offered the right to be murdered for?
Can you explain why you think I'm advocating murder?
When TURDEAU comes looking for you with his euthanasia police, we'll be cheering fascist duck.
Does Canada's Liberal party already have a Gestapo police force faithful to only the party?
Could that explain why lethal force wasn't necessary to rout the truckers out of Ottawa.

Great fear in the hearts of the truckers over the threat of death by Trudeau's Gestapo police?

Can you explain why you think I'm advocating murder?

Does Canada's Liberal party already have a Gestapo police force faithful to only the party?
Could that explain why lethal force wasn't necessary to rout the truckers out of Ottawa.

Great fear in the hearts of the truckers over the threat of death by Trudeau's Gestapo police?
Your first question is too obtuse to respond to. The second, is much easier and provides unequivocal proof of the fascism that you embrace in Canada. The ability of the government to seize your assets and those of anyone who supports you. Fascist Turdeau is your heeero, eh duck? As for your last piece of nonsense--read the OP and it will answer both the first and last questions. If you paid as much attention to what your fascist government does as you do to our domestic policies, maybe you wouldn't be so ignorant, duck.

Your first question is too obtuse to respond to. The second, is much easier and provides unequivocal proof of the fascism that you embrace in Canada. The ability of the government to seize your assets and those of anyone who supports you. Fascist Turdeau is your heeero, eh duck? As for your last piece of nonsense--read the OP and it will answer both the first and last questions. If you paid as much attention to what your fascist government does as you do to our domestic policies, maybe you wouldn't be so ignorant, duck.
We may have different opinions on our respective governments seizing our assets. I'll give you my opinion and then you can decide.

I'm very happy every year when I pay my taxes. It tells me that my government is working and providing my country with the services with which it's charged to do.
I mention this because I sometimes perceive that you'all would rather not pay taxes. I hear no celebrating of your president's huge tax grab and that's hard for non-Americans to understand.

Can you offer a reason for that? Would it be acceptable to Americans if no black people were permitted to share in the wealth Biden's tax grab will bring?

What would make more Americans happy? Foreigners are coming to suspect that you'all are going to get out you'all's guns and start killing each other on the city streets! Shirley that can't be true?

I mention this because I sometimes perceive that you'all would rather not pay taxes.
Maybe if Turdeau paid his due to the UN, you would enjoy paying them less. Try sending a few hundred billion dollars to a country you have no treaties with or supporting invading aliens and your opinion might change, duck, but I doubt it.
Shirley that can't be true?
Run along duck, you're spewing idiocy again.

Maybe if Turdeau paid hi.s due to the UN, you would enjoy paying them less. Try sending a few hundred billion dollars to a country you have no treaties with or supporting invading aliens and your opinion might change, duck, but I doubt it.

Run along duck, you're spewing idiocy again.
You're simply going to have to start using my Prime Minister's name properly my friend!

You might not believe me but I really don't want to get angry with you. I find you to be a quite useful distraction when the board becomes boring and relatively quiet.

Would you like to become friends again? I'm going to treat you like you're my friend!

What do you think of the jam Trump's got himself into with the law? Will it take a violent second coup attempt to get him out of it?

You're simply going to have to start using my Prime Minister's name properly
You mean Justin Turdeau? I am using his name properly and appropriately.
What do you think of the jam Trump's got himself into with the law?
Why would I share my thoughts with you about anything happening in MY country. It is not yours and you have no standing. As for friends--that's rich, sorry duck, that ship sailed when you exposed your commie fascist side.

You mean Justin Turdeau? I am using his name properly and appropriately.

Why would I share my thoughts with you about anything happening in MY country. It is not yours and you have no standing. As for friends--that's rich, sorry duck, that ship sailed when you exposed your commie fascist side.
Is the reason why you are so angry because I don't buy you a nice ice cream cone when I buy one for Marvin?

Or would you prefer fries and a big drink?

I am never angered by the mentally deficient.
Neither am I angry and so I'm moving on for today my friend, to something more productive.
For example, Biden's speech was scary for non-Americans in that it's dangerous as concerning US foreign policy when Americans are inspired with a patriotic boost.

Forum List

Back