Canada's economy was slowing even before COVID-19 hit, January GDP numbers show

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I called this. I could see it on the streets and it's going to get MUCH worse. They say about 45% of Canadians might be permanently unemployed (the covert police will do fine though).

This is what happens when your system has been based on importing from China, shipping it to the U.S, legally or illegally and reaping the profits. Now that Trump has put an end to it, we can't survive as we don't innovate. This is why we cut down trade with China, we couldn't just walk it across the border thanks to NAFTA.

Our covert police state is designed to keep people in line while they milk it for themselves and their families. Politicians and media never hold them to account as they don't want the golden goose to stop laying eggs.

Far too any of us have had our lives destroyed for their benefit. Now we all share in the misery they created.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/january-gdp-1.5515908

Canada's economy expanded by 0.1 per cent in January as manufacturing and the financial sector grew while transportation, mining, oil and gas and the retail sector all shrank.

Statistics Canada reported Monday that Canada's gross domestic product expanded by 0.1 per cent during the month, slightly less than what economists were expecting. It's also less than the 0.3 expansion seen in the previous month.

The spectre of COVID-19 was already casting a shadow on the economy in January as reduced trade with China and travel restrictions held back Canada's economy two months before the full brunt of the outbreak hit North American shores.

Manufacturing grew by 0.8 per cent during the month, while construction activity picked up by 0.2 per cent from December's level. Wholesale trade grew by 1.2 per cent while the financial sector expanded by 0.9 per cent.

I believe the US economy was shrinking somewhat in 2019 from what it was in 2018, but we're going to be hurtin' for awhile even after the COVID-19 thing goes away, whenever that is. Whenever that may be.

Forum List

Back