Canada to oppose bid for Palestinian statehood

Ropey

אחרית הימים
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 5, 2010
Canada will oppose an upcoming bid for statehood at the United Nations by Palestinians, says Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

5415441.bin

On Friday, Harper said this sort of "unilateral action" on behalf of the Palestinian Authority is "very regrettable" and won't help the goal of establishing long-term peace in the Middle East.

The prime minister made the statement as he prepares to visit New York next week for a meeting with other world leaders whose nations are part of the military alliance that ousted Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi.

Also next Tuesday, Harper will attend a high-level meeting at the United Nations on improving maternal and child health in poor nations — a cause that Harper has been championing for more than a year.

On Wednesday, Harper's focus will be on the economy as he attends a business roundtable hosted by the New York Stock Exchange.

Canada to oppose bid for Palestinian statehood

Harper rejects Palestinian statehood bid

“We view this unilateral action on behalf of the Palestinian Authority to be not helpful,” Harper said during a stop in Saskatoon.

“No unilateral actions like this are helpful in terms of establishing a long-run peace in the Middle East. Canada views the action as very regrettable and we will be opposing it at the United Nations.”

Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird, who will be accompanying Harper to New York, has already expressed Canada’s opposition to the Palestinian plan. Canada supports a two-state solution to the conflict but only after a negotiated settlement between the Palestinians and the Israelis.

Canada News: Harper rejects Palestinian statehood bid

Harper is bought and paid for by the Canadian Jewish lobby
Canada’s Israel Lobby
Canada’s relations with the Arab/Muslim world are second in importance and difficulty only to its relationship with the United States. The one serious threat to Canadian citizens now stems from the mounting anger of Arabs and other Muslims, fomented largely by Israel’s long-standing occupation of Palestine. The Mid-East conflict has for sixty years been the principal issue on the agenda of the UN General Assembly, a body in which Canadians like to shine. Trade with the Middle East, while modest, is largely in manufactured goods, the sort favoured by Canadian exporters.

Canada’s foreign policy, however, fails to reflect these concerns. Its votes in the UN General Assembly and other international bodies are closer in support of Israel than those of any other nation apart from the United States and its five Pacific satellites. Prime Minister Harper’s personal statements are more biased towards Israel than those of any other leader. (1) This imbalance does not accord with the advice of the men and women employed by Canada to determine and implement its interests in the Middle East.
The Progressive Mind » Canada

Soon

Oh, the anti-Semites never miss a chance to hit their talking points...

Allahu Fucku Pallies!

Palestinians celebrate 9/11
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k]Palestinians celebrating the fall of the twin towers on 911 - YouTube[/ame]

Palestinians condemned the killing of bin Laden their "hero warrior"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVTTbmN1aRI]Palestinians condemn killing of 'holy warrior' bin Laden - YouTube[/ame]

Palestinians call for death of all Americans and Jews
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rls9eRKyo]Islam: Oh Allah - Kill all Jews and Americans! - YouTube[/ame]

Palestinians boast of the death of their own children and wives: "We Desire Death Like You Desire Life"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWIDZ7Jpdqg]Hamas - "We desire death like you desire life" - YouTube[/ame]

Welcome to the world of the Palestinian
Allah, oh our Lord
Vanquish your enemies, enemies of the religion [Islam]
in all places
Allah, strike the Jews and their sympathizers,
the Christians and their supporters
the Communists and their adherents
Allah, count them and kill them to the last one,
and don't even leave even one.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrI8-qb9M9A]Hamas: Kill Christians and Jews "to the last one" - YouTube[/ame]

And another anti-Semite (jstone) joins the hate party.

Islam loves Jews, psycho.

Sahih Bukhari [sacred islamic scripture]
The Day of Judgment will not have come until you fight with the Jews, and the stones and the trees behind which a Jew will be hiding will say: 'O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him!

I wonder if there is any use to be posting here anymore.

It's simply personal attacks now anyway.

That's all that's left here it seems.

Back to the Fakestinians. Who, exactly, are they?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJjm5K07V0]Who are the Palestinians? - YouTube[/ame]

^
Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird, who will be accompanying Harper to New York, has already expressed Canada’s opposition to the Palestinian plan. Canada supports a two-state solution to the conflict but only after a negotiated settlement between the Palestinians and the Israelis.

Accept reality.

Egypt and Jordan already exist.
Why do the Egyptians and Jordanians living in Israel need a new state called Palestine?

probably for the same reason all of those transplanted german, russian and polish hebes wanted their own nation.

How are you, Ropey?

Good to see you again.

I wonder if you know about the recent special election in Brooklyn, New York, in the district with the largest Jewish percentage in the country elected a Catholic Republican, in part as a referendum on the policies of President Obama...including his coldness toward Israel.

It will be interesting to see if this event changes the United States stance on the Palestinian nationhood question.

Any thoughts?

Why do the Egyptians and Jordanians living in Israel need a new state called Palestine?

Why doesn't matter. Why did the Jews get Israel? Why didn't the Arabs take the partition initially? What matters is the reality of today.

There are enough Arab babies born in the area to be Palestinians. Just because they refused the UN offer once in no way removes the legitimacy of that offer and thus true negotiation is what is needed. Face to face strict negotiations and not a unilateral plan like the Israeli unilateral plan to remove from Gaza.

See how well that worked out? To hide the head in the sand and pretend this issue will go away is not reality based in a globally connected world. The Jews of Israel know this. I live there for five months a year. The economy can not take this continued fighting. Not with the slowdown. Not with global warming.

Millions upon millions will die in the Middle East/Africa without a shot being fired if this status quo continues.

probably for the same reason all of those transplanted german, russian and polish hebes wanted their own nation.

The Jewish nation was established in Israel 3000 years ago. Maybe, open a book or are you too short to reach the shelves at the library, little man?

Can you provide an archaeological record of any Palestinian civilization? No, I didn't think so, little man.

Harvard Semitic Museum: The Houses of Ancient Israel
In archaeological terms The Houses of Ancient Israel: Domestic, Royal, Divine focuses on the Iron Age (1200-586 B.C.E.). Iron I (1200-1000 B.C.E.) represents the premonarchical period. Iron II (1000-586 B.C.E.) was the time of kings. Uniting the tribal coalitions of Israel and Judah in the tenth century B.C.E., David and Solomon ruled over an expanding realm. After Solomon's death (c. 930 B.C.E.) Israel and Judah separated into two kingdoms.

Israel was led at times by strong kings, Omri and Ahab in the ninth century B.C.E. and Jereboam II in the eighth. The Houses of Ancient Israel § Semitic Museum

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if this event changes the United States stance on the Palestinian nationhood question.

Fakestinian. There really aren't Palestinians. They're just garden variety Arabs. Jews were called Palestinians during the British Mandate.

Former PLO Leader Zuheir Mohsen...
The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How are you, Ropey?

Good to see you again.

I wonder if you know about the recent special election in Brooklyn, New York, in the district with the largest Jewish percentage in the country elected a Catholic Republican, in part as a referendum on the policies of President Obama...including his coldness toward Israel.

Any thoughts?

It was a message sent. I don't see it as anything more than a clear message to Obama. He's got more than enough clear messages from all over the US and the world to deal with.

It's not easy being a President and he is a motivator who has not been able to motivate. He is a compelling arbiter and organizer who has lost this ability since becoming President. The arrogance of his personal self-opinion. His opponents don't have this same opinion of his stands. Now the country is seeing his reluctance to do anything chancy or needful of a 'buck stops here' President. He is nothing of the sort.

I see a president who is unwilling to take stands on many fronts unless he is quite sure of the outcome, but then willing to take other stands on other fronts when the outcomes are more clear.

Bowing to the House of Saud? Bowing to the Japanese Emperor? America is a country that fought the Monarchy and here is the President bowing to Kings?

Well, he's surely a different President. He wrote two books about himself before he was elected President. Most Presidents of the US wait until they are finished. So, I think he is mostly concerned about his legacy.

The Economy has hamstrung his win and I for one am rather pleased at this coincidental occurrence.

I call it G-d starving the beast.

The Jewish nation was established in Israel 3000 years ago. Maybe, open a book or are you too short to reach the shelves at the library, little man?

Can you provide an archaeological record of any Palestinian civilization? No, I didn't think so, little man.

In archaeological terms The Houses of Ancient Israel: Domestic, Royal, Divine focuses on the Iron Age (1200-586 B.C.E.). Iron I (1200-1000 B.C.E.) represents the premonarchical period. Iron II (1000-586 B.C.E.) was the time of kings. Uniting the tribal coalitions of Israel and Judah in the tenth century B.C.E., David and Solomon ruled over an expanding realm. After Solomon's death (c. 930 B.C.E.) Israel and Judah separated into two kingdoms.

Israel was led at times by strong kings, Omri and Ahab in the ninth century B.C.E. and Jereboam II in the eighth. The Houses of Ancient Israel § Semitic Museum

..and Moses told the Pharaoh, "hey, don't worry about it.. We're already inventing oxygen in Israel. Your first born can go ahead and keep living".

:lol:

..and Moses told the Pharaoh, "hey, don't worry about it.. We're already inventing oxygen in Israel. Your first born can go ahead and keep living".

:lol:

You have any archaeological evidence of a Palestinian civilization, little man? Nope, you dont. :lol:

You know of any nations other than the Jews established in Israel over 3000 years? No, again. :lol:

Israel was established 3000 years ago verified by the archaeological record, little man.

Harvard University Semitic Museum: Jerusalem during the reign of King Hezekiah--New exhibition at the Semitic Museum re-creates numerous aspects of ancient Israel
The Semitic Museum has installed a new exhibition that brings the world of biblical Israel into vivid, three-dimensional reality. "The Houses of Ancient Israel: Domestic, Royal, Divine" immerses the viewer in Israelite daily life around the time of King Hezekiah (8th century B.C.), creating an experiential environment based on the latest archaeological, textual, and historical research.

The centerpiece of the exhibition is a full-scale Israelite house, open on one side, filled with authentic ancient artifacts that show how life was lived by common inhabitants of ancient Jerusalem. Agricultural tools, a cooking area, and a stall occupied by a single, scruffy ram fill the ground floor of the cube-shaped, mud-brick structure, which, thankfully, is not olfactorily authentic. The upper story, reached by a ladder, is devoted to eating and sleeping.

Harvard Gazette: Jerusalem during the reign of King Hezekiah

Forum List

Back