Canada to Make Online Hate Speech a Crime Punishable by $16,000 Fine

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
Canada’s ruling Liberal government announced on Wednesday that it plans to make online hate speech a crime punishable by as much as $20,000 (roughly $16,250 US) for the first offense and $50,000 ($40,600 US) for the second. The proposal would punish social media users who broke the law but exempt social media companies that host such content from fines.

The news, first reported by Canada’s public broadcaster, comes after a 20-year-old man recently rammed his truck into a family of five in Ontario, killing everyone but a 9-year-old girl, in what Canadian police say was an anti-Muslim terror attack.

Canada’s Attorney General David Lametti assured Canadians that the proposed law would not target “simple expressions of dislike or disdain” during a virtual press conference on Wednesday that was livestreamed on YouTube.

Uh boy
Golly gee

I hope fair and even handed snow ****** progressives are in charge of what is and is not hate speech

ahzhhzhzhs.jpg

I think the intent here is simply to scare users into watching what they say on the 'net. I think the government knows this isn't really enforceable.

Canada is lost. I don't really care. All we got from them when Trump was in office was derision and snobbery. Now that their gov has locked them down over Covid, Canadians are coming around--many of them, "hmmm maybe America is right with this freedom thing, huh?"

Me: "Meh. You were quick enough to abuse us when we chose the freedom candidate in 2016."

Seriously.

Fuck Canada.
The US should have annexed Canada during WWII, IMO. We probably could have taken it without firing a shot.

However, FDR belonged to the Democratic party of slavery and oppression. So he reinstituted slavery in the USA and armed the commies in the Soviet Union and Communist China.

FDR was one evil motherfucker. FDR was more evil than Hitler and Stalin combined.

Last edited:
When you take free speech away, you take all freedom away. Just the mention of fining people for some imaginary thing like hate speech is a total attack on people who want to live free.

When you take free speech away, you take all freedom away. Just the mention of fining people for some imaginary thing like hate speech is a total attack on people who want to live free.
I was fired for saying even Peaceful Muslims want a world wide Caliphate on my FB page when I wasn't at work.

Canada’s ruling Liberal government announced on Wednesday that it plans to make online hate speech a crime punishable by as much as $20,000 (roughly $16,250 US) for the first offense and $50,000 ($40,600 US) for the second. The proposal would punish social media users who broke the law but exempt social media companies that host such content from fines.

The news, first reported by Canada’s public broadcaster, comes after a 20-year-old man recently rammed his truck into a family of five in Ontario, killing everyone but a 9-year-old girl, in what Canadian police say was an anti-Muslim terror attack.

Canada’s Attorney General David Lametti assured Canadians that the proposed law would not target “simple expressions of dislike or disdain” during a virtual press conference on Wednesday that was livestreamed on YouTube.

Uh boy
Golly gee

I hope fair and even handed snow ****** progressives are in charge of what is and is not hate speech

View attachment 506423
I wonder if they will track people around the world, and if you come to their country are immediately arrested.

Uh boy
Golly gee

View attachment 506423
I wonder if they will track people around the world, and if you come to their country are immediately arrested.
England blackballed Ron Savage for things he said on American Radio. He was refused entry into their country because of it.

Uh boy
Golly gee

View attachment 506423
England blackballed Ron Savage for things he said on American Radio. He was refused entry into their country because of it.
At least during the Holocaust, if you made it to the border you were free

Now there will be no place to run for the next one.

Forum List

Back