Canada No-fly list

Gurdari

Egaliterra
Feb 2, 2007
the West
I read the news the other day that our no-fly list (that already exists) will soon come into effect(?).

With an introduction as honest and forthright as this, who could wonder if it will be monitored to strictest standards!

Note to self, don't order a Halal meal on any flight.

The U.S. no-fly list is one of the stupidest and most ridiculous things ever devised. Once your name is on the list, it can not be removed. If a guy named Joe Doufus is on the list, and your name is also Joe Doufus, you are guilty by association.
Any government in favor with the U.S. (including Saudi Arabia) can request exclusion of someone. Meaning that, while law abiding Americans are searched head to toe, any terrorist endorsed by the Saudi government can walk through without inspection.
My parents are on the no-fly list. Probably because they were arrested in Viet Name war protests. You might be on there as well.

The U.S. no-fly list is one of the stupidest and most ridiculous things ever devised. Once your name is on the list, it can not be removed. If a guy named Joe Doufus is on the list, and your name is also Joe Doufus, you are guilty by association.
Any government in favor with the U.S. (including Saudi Arabia) can request exclusion of someone. Meaning that, while law abiding Americans are searched head to toe, any terrorist endorsed by the Saudi government can walk through without inspection.
My parents are on the no-fly list. Probably because they were arrested in Viet Name war protests. You might be on there as well.

Hmm, at least US is clear about the list. Even if Cat Stevens, and some Canadian politians get on there sometimes, everyone knows its some massive net cast over so many people that there's bound to be errors. Canada wouldn't even ADMIT it had one last year, even though people were being banned from flying for reasons the airlines were not allowed to say, then theministry of transport denied it existed but said there were measures, then refused to say how one gets on or off of the list that didn't exist...
now at least we are being told we will have one... totally ridiculous.
Not having a list itself, but the manner in which the gov went about it.

I think airlines/government etc should have a close eye on risky passengers or whatever... but not by doing a 'name search'. Granted there are not too many 'Adolph Hitlers' around any more - but there are a shitload of Alis, Mohammeds, Smiths, MacDonald's Graham.s and even Stevens.

Forum List

Back