Canada joins Mexico's official complaint arguing U.S. violating trade pact over auto parts provision

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Canada is reminding America that your jobs must remain free for low performing, non-contributing Canada to poach. You must fund our police state and not your own nation, or else...

If Trump were confronting this in his first year, would Canada and Mexico be so keen to air dirty laundry of their own?

Canada is joining Mexico's official complaint today requesting a dispute settlement panel to resolve a claim that the U.S. is violating the new NAFTA by insisting on a stricter interpretation of a key provision on auto parts.

Motor vehicles are the most valuable product traded between the three countries. Canada argues that the way the U.S. views the Canada-U.S.-Mexico Agreement on trade (CUSMA) would make it harder for Canadian vehicles and essential auto parts — engines, transmissions and steering wheels — to qualify as duty-free.

Canada argues the Biden administration's view of the rules is "inconsistent" with the trade deal the three countries agreed to in 2019 when Donald Trump was president.

"Canada, Mexico and the United States would all benefit from certainty that CUSMA is being implemented as negotiated, and Canada is optimistic that a dispute settlement panel will help ensure a timely resolution of this issue," wrote International Trade and Export Promotion Minister Mary Ng in a statement issued Thursday.

The USMCA was a great deal for all involved, back when Trump worked it out back in July of 2020. Unfortunately, nobody could anticipate what the pandemic was going to do to the global market. Productivity is down, inflation is running rampant, there are supply line disruptions and shortages, and labor costs have risen, even though companies are having a hard time finding employees.

If Trumpw ere President today, I'm pretty sure he would be working with our trade partners to the North and South, and making some adjustments to the USMCA. But he isn't. You're stuck with Joe Biden, and everything he touches turns to shit.

The USMCA was a great deal for all involved, back when Trump worked it out back in July of 2020. Unfortunately, nobody could anticipate what the pandemic was going to do to the global market. Productivity is down, inflation is running rampant, there are supply line disruptions and shortages, and labor costs have risen, even though companies are having a hard time finding employees.

If Trumpw ere President today, I'm pretty sure he would be working with our trade partners to the North and South, and making some adjustments to the USMCA. But he isn't. You're stuck with Joe Biden, and everything he touches turns to shit.

America should be fighting for the principles of civil liberties, capitalism and Access to Justice within a honest free market.

If a nation does not live up to these standards than you must defend your economy from them,

America should be fighting for the principles of civil liberties, capitalism and Access to Justice within a honest free market.

If a nation does not live up to these standards than you must defend your economy from them,

Well podner, as much as I'd like to march into the Capitol and place every Democrat under citizen's arrest, I just don't think it's a good time to try that by myself.

:laughing0301:

Well podner, as much as I'd like to march into the Capitol and put every Democrat under citizen's arrest, I just don't think it's a good time to try that by myself.

:laughing0301:

I'm referring to foreign "allies".

Forum List

Back