Canada caught off guard by new security pact between U.S., Australia and Britain

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The in-house Canadian on this board was much quicker than the media in Canada. I posted this agreement early yesterday, 12-18 hours later the rest of the media in Canada wake up. I've seen now three or four articles discussing this reality. Ironically, zero from CBC, state-run media, just a few days before an election here.

I've been warning Canada, I know first hand what goes on here and I've shared it. America in particular has to be aware of what risks Canada is bringing. If they are going to destroy a patriotic citizen who believes strongly in Americas success and, in a close, ideological relationship with America, they will easily betray anyone who supports the U.S. You have agencies in this country who destroy citizens for their police powers and budgets, far more akin to East Germanys system than Americas.

Just who do we think will be the replacement in the lives of Canadians if we continue to betray the U.S?

The Canadian government was surprised this week by the announcement of a new security pact between the United States, Britain and Australia, one that excluded Canada and is aimed at confronting China’s growing military and political influence in the Indo-Pacific region, according to senior government officials.

Three officials, representing Canada’s foreign affairs, intelligence and defence departments, told The Globe and Mail that Ottawa was not consulted about the pact, and had no idea the trilateral security announcement was coming until it was made on Wednesday by U.S. President Joe Biden, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

The defence ministers from the U.K. and Australia reached out to Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan to inform him of the decision shortly before the late-afternoon announcement. Foreign Affairs Minister Marc Garneau received a call from his Australian counterpart. Daniel Minden, a spokesperson for Mr. Sajjan, said Ottawa had been kept in the loop on talks between the countries.

So Australia is going to buy US nuclear subs and Australia is going to share more intelligence with the US than what is already being shared through 5 eyes. Hardly ground shaking.

So Australia is going to buy US nuclear subs and Australia is going to share more intelligence with the US than what is already being shared through 5 eyes. Hardly ground shaking.

When you are a member of a shared group in the Five Eyes and the new countries which are left out are New Zealand and Canada...not even kept abreast of the negotiations until the very last minute; there is a reason.

What is that reason exactly? Some of us can speculate...

When you are a member of a shared group in the Five Eyes and the new countries which are left out are New Zealand and Canada...not even kept abreast of the negotiations until the very last minute; there is a reason.

What is that reason exactly? Some of us can speculate...

Perhaps Canada and New Zealand don't bring much to the table as far as cyber security. It really is a non story other than left wing Australia is now embracing nuclear subs.

Perhaps Canada and New Zealand don't bring much to the table as far as cyber security. It really is a non story other than left wing Australia is now embracing nuclear subs.

No, it's much bigger than that. It's been a "drip drip" for many years.

Americans may not know this, but there was a time when every presidents first International visit was to Canada. Trump was the first to not do so, now, Biden didn't either.

There is an opinion by many that Canada has been more like France with our two-faced approach. We are worse though, in that we don't support liberty: "smile in your face pretend you are a democratic nation with human rights and civil liberties for citizens while playing very close with those who hate America".

On top of this, the risk of Canada being a nest for spies. Why would they share any such information when they believe China could find out about it? New Zealand is much worse than us, do some research on their China First government.

The in-house Canadian on this board was much quicker than the media in Canada. I posted this agreement early yesterday, 12-18 hours later the rest of the media in Canada wake up. I've seen now three or four articles discussing this reality. Ironically, zero from CBC, state-run media, just a few days before an election here.

I've been warning Canada, I know first hand what goes on here and I've shared it. America in particular has to be aware of what risks Canada is bringing. If they are going to destroy a patriotic citizen who believes strongly in Americas success and, in a close, ideological relationship with America, they will easily betray anyone who supports the U.S. You have agencies in this country who destroy citizens for their police powers and budgets, far more akin to East Germanys system than Americas.

Just who do we think will be the replacement in the lives of Canadians if we continue to betray the U.S?

The Canadian government was surprised this week by the announcement of a new security pact between the United States, Britain and Australia, one that excluded Canada and is aimed at confronting China’s growing military and political influence in the Indo-Pacific region, according to senior government officials.

Three officials, representing Canada’s foreign affairs, intelligence and defence departments, told The Globe and Mail that Ottawa was not consulted about the pact, and had no idea the trilateral security announcement was coming until it was made on Wednesday by U.S. President Joe Biden, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

The defence ministers from the U.K. and Australia reached out to Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan to inform him of the decision shortly before the late-afternoon announcement. Foreign Affairs Minister Marc Garneau received a call from his Australian counterpart. Daniel Minden, a spokesperson for Mr. Sajjan, said Ottawa had been kept in the loop on talks between the countries.

Didn't happen.....and France get mad and pull their ambassadors to the U.S. either...

See...we were told that the "adults," are in charge....and that our relationship with our allies would be better.....

So, this is obviously fake news...

new security pact between the United States, Britain and Australia, one that excluded Canada and is aimed at confronting China’s growing military and political influence in the Indo-Pacific region
Canada has been acting as a middle man between China and European Union, while shutting the U.S. out of free trade deals, and reneging on NAFTA and other trade agreements.

Alaska is caught in the middle, but then again, Alaska was once part of Russia...

Canada has been acting as a middle man between China and European Union, while shutting the U.S. out of free trade deals, and reneging on NAFTA and other trade agreements.

Alaska is caught in the middle, but then again, Alaska was once part of Russia...

Canada has been lying to the world, especially the U.S, about our citizens and how they operate behind the scenes to undermine Americas reputation. All of this while playing the game for their own benefit believing America wouldn't even understand or care.

Canada didn't account for the global, competitive, innovative high tech economy changing the game and nations interests and expectations of allies shifting with it.

Blowing the whistle and speaking the truth has destroyed my life. In many ways, it has liberated my soul though

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
I wonder what Canada did to get snubbed?

I can't think of anything.

They "voted" this douchebag in office.................TWICE!!!

CANADA_81345494-scaled-e1605987005605.jpg

You are a traitor to Canada?

Define "traitor".

Speaking the truth about the abuses and methods employed by a creepy covert police state isn't treason. The abusive police agents and their agencies engaging in such methods is in fact the traitor.

Friend and foe know about Canadas police state now and the passive compliance from politicians and leaders whom I have reached out to.

No, it's much bigger than that. It's been a "drip drip" for many years.

Americans may not know this, but there was a time when every presidents first International visit was to Canada. Trump was the first to not do so, now, Biden didn't either.

There is an opinion by many that Canada has been more like France with our two-faced approach. We are worse though, in that we don't support liberty: "smile in your face pretend you are a democratic nation with human rights and civil liberties for citizens while playing very close with those who hate America".

On top of this, the risk of Canada being a nest for spies. Why would they share any such information when they believe China could find out about it? New Zealand is much worse than us, do some research on their China First government.
There's just no way Canada wouldn't have been aware of this. What on earth could you be thinking?

We can speculate on what's happening here but the best guess is that Canada has declined to take a hardline Cold War approach on dealing with China.

Sour grapes by the US over the Meng/Hauwei deal would be hard to believe. Canada is needed by the US and has been for many years, to legitimize US wars or even just Cold War aggression. For that reason we're not getting the whole story yet.

Make no mistake, I'm one Canadian who is hoping Trudeau doesn't ever include Canada in this deliberate warmongering and further demonization of China.

Make no mistake, I'm one Canadian who is hoping Trudeau doesn't ever include Canada in this deliberate warmongering and further demonization of China.
Same with me and NZ. I can't believe these loonies who are desperate to be thrown under the bus by the US when it perceives its interest differently.

Last edited:
Same with me and NZ. I can't believe these loonies who are desperate to be thrown under the bus by the US when it perceives its interest differently.
Exactly!
But I don't think we're getting the whole story yet. There's absolutely no way that NZ and Canada weren't aware of what 'might' have taken place.
I sincerely hope that our two countries are taking a stand on US aggression against China and have been excluded for lack of a common warmongering agenda.

I sincerely hope that our two countries are taking a stand on US aggression against China and have been excluded for lack of a common warmongering agenda.
By lack of a common warmongering agenda I assume you mean not wishing to tie our foreign policy to America's short term goals.
I hope so too.

Forum List

Back