Can you still sin and go to heaven after praying for forgiveness?

I dont need your permission to believe what I believe
Of course not. You don't even need logic or facts. You believe because you've been conned by religion.
Yet you think it's me who might education. Don't make me laugh.

You don't even need logic or facts. You believe because you've been conned by religion.
You are absolutely pissing in your pants for someone to argue with

but as I already said, what happens to you is of no interest to me

You are absolutely pissing in your pants for someone to argue with

but as I already said, what happens to you is of no interest to me

I feel the same about you but I'm not arrogant enough to think i know where I'm going. In fact, both of us are going nowhere. Godbotherers don't get unique preference to go to some fictional heaven.

Get some facts about your hideous filthy religious beliefs. You've been
Conned sucker.

Ok colin, if you say so

It comes down to you not being able to prove I'm wrong. You know you have no idea, you only think you do. You want an eternity as a reward for devoting your life to that rubbish because you are frightened of death.

There is no evidence on this earth that can point to what you say. Its one great big con and you've fallen for it.
But if there were a heaven, God wouldn'twant intelligent people there questioning him. You'll fit in nicely.

So cut your childish remarks. If you have nothing, say nothing.

And I’m telling that I am tired of trying to save the souls of hardhead libs like you

If you go to Hell its no skin off my nose
The day for people to honor God makes no difference if that is their way. And Religion is designed to keep us from screwing up over and over. The Catholic Church version of Christianity makes everything a sin. People do it. A married couple staying together is better then people who have multiple divorces even with constant arguments and a reasonable solution for them. and if a man looks at girly magazines or even goes to a strip club and does not mess around then that is following much closer to a Religious idea then to individuals who do not. And that is what we are living with today. You are condemning people who sway away a bit as hypocrites while you promote an everything goes sexual culture look like a G rated godless Disney excursion when it is not.

It comes down to you not being able to prove I'm wrong. You know you have no idea, you only think you do. You want an eternity as a reward for devoting your life to that rubbish because you are frightened of death.

There is no evidence on this earth that can point to what you say. Its one great big con and you've fallen for it.
But if there were a heaven, God wouldn'twant intelligent people there questioning him. You'll fit in nicely.

So cut your childish remarks. If you have nothing, say nothing.
Ok colin

now go change your underwear

Ok colin

I know who's got the shits. You can't cut through so out comes the childish put downs. You godbotherers have no courage of your convictions. You never defend your beliefs. Just dismiss others.
You've been conned.

Ok colin

I know who's got the shits. You can't cut through so out comes the childish put downs. You godbotherers have no courage of your convictions. You never defend your beliefs
No, I’ve been saved

There it is again. The arrogance of you to assume you have been saved whilst condemning others to fire.
How do you know you have been saved? Get an email from God?
The same as praying for forgiveness. No one ever gets an answer but assume the ghost grants it. Get a grip on yourself.
You've been conned.

Now you are repeating yourself

Your so petulant and naive, you CANNOT see the hole your digging. .
Stick to your bible. Let the adults do the thinking.

Every time you reply I get another whack at you. Have another go.

Of course not, it clearly says NO. So, why do people who call themselves christian and pray for forgiveness, for since they intend to repeat thousand times more? Why do they not wait with the praying till they stop sinning? Almost like they are dying to be cast to hell. If there are any christians here, it would be interesting to hear your resoning for it one way or the other.
Dear mindfulzen
A. For the people who still intend to do wrong, they are not fully forgiving some thing in their past that compels them to "compensate" by coveting ways of doing things in these wrong ways.
That is my experience when I deal with people still projecting issues again and again in the future.
Not forgiving the past causes them to react and rebel by fixing the debt or damage "they feel they are still owed" by justifying cheating or gaming the system to get what they think they deserve.

B. In contrast, when people understand forgiveness and clear their conscience to get in line with God's higher ideals, this means no longer getting motivation to do things in underhanded ways. It only causes more problems that way. It is more sustainable, consistent and rewarding to do things the right way.

So given your negative scenario, this applies more to people without faith in forgiveness correction and justice.

The people of faithful Christian beliefs seek to break out of such negative patterns of repeat sins and wrongs.

The more we forgive, the more we break free from this kind of negative hypocrisy you describe.

So the reason this makes no sense to you is it contradicts the whole purpose and teaching in Christianity which is the opposite of what you complain of: instead of rebelling and sinning out of denial and refusal to forgive and correct past patterns, the real faith and practice is to develop and restore conviction to AVOID the problems which you state.

You actually did a good job explaining why people NEED forgiveness and strength NOT to fall into this trap.

The hardest part is understanding how and why Forgiveness is necessary to the process.

It is almost easier to understand in hindsight.

That is why people ask questions like you do about how does any of this change anything.

Until you experience the difference Forgiveness makes in changing how people think and act toward others, it is hard to explain. You pretty much described how people act before going through spiritual change.

Before vs After is like Night and Day.
But some people go through intense change faster, while others go through a slower long drawn out process that is more gradual.
Everyone is different. But the common stages I notice when I talk and compare experiences with others is that forgiving the past people or events that hurt us means changing negative perceptions to positive, and healing and becoming more focused, effective and peaceful in doing the right things to make life better and restore healthy mindsets and relations.

Last edited:
Of course not, it clearly says NO. So, why do people who call themselves christian and pray for forgiveness, for since they intend to repeat thousand times more? Why do they not wait with the praying till they stop sinning? Almost like they are dying to be cast to hell. If there are any christians here, it would be interesting to hear your resoning for it one way or the other.
"

Apparently, the average white male in America thinks he can get off in heaven. Otherwise, why would he continue to make up excuses for his racist lifestyle?

In such a situation, many Christians are not praying for forgiveness, they are praying for strength to overcome their failing. This is also a time to remember the cautionary story Jesus told about cleaning a house full of demons, only to have more demons come in to fill the emptiness. Overcoming sin is not just overcoming that failing, but it is also building something stronger that replaces that sin in ones life. This is a process, not something that takes place with a snap of one's fingers.

Mark 11:25 25And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.' People have ought against nude people, and gays, and furries, and Bronies, and zoosexuals, and people who make nude art of young whatever, and pedophilia people, and people who don't have money. People have ought against people who want people to obey world wide ask and receive. Heaven does not come with observation. Heaven needs to be in us. Heaven will be a moneyless place, visually seen.

Forum List

Back