Can you still sin and go to heaven after praying for forgiveness?

mindfulzen

Rookie
Aug 4, 2021
Of course not, it clearly says NO. So, why do people who call themselves christian and pray for forgiveness, for since they intend to repeat thousand times more? Why do they not wait with the praying till they stop sinning? Almost like they are dying to be cast to hell. If there are any christians here, it would be interesting to hear your resoning for it one way or the other.

Of course not, it clearly says NO. So, why do people who call themselves christian and pray for forgiveness, for since they intend to repeat thousand times more? Why do they not wait with the praying till they stop sinning? Almost like they are dying to be cast to hell. If there are any christians here, it would be interesting to hear your resoning for it one way or the other.
Everyone sins, heaven must be empty.

One of the reasons I walked away from religion is that it makes it easy for bad people to feel like they are good. Some people act like a jerk all week but somehow going to church makes it all fine. The afterlife, if there is one, cannot be as arbitrary as people make it out to be. A heaven full of hypocrites kind of sounds like another Hell.

From what I've read, and from what I've heard from the religious........their god made humans in his image and gave them "free will" to do as they please, except for the 10 commandments.......which Moses could have created himself by the way.

This means they are allowed to do and say as they please, with no reprisals, retribution, or retaliation of any kind, as long as they don't involve the commandments. Why they pray for forgiveness is beyond me.

The saved dont go to heaven. We inhabit the EARTH at the Return of Christ.

But YES. If you have a REPENTANT heart, you will be saved

One of the reasons I walked away from religion is that it makes it easy for bad people to feel like they are good. Some people act like a jerk all week but somehow going to church makes it all fine. The afterlife, if there is one, cannot be as arbitrary as people make it out to be. A heaven full of hypocrites kind of sounds like another Hell.
That's ON THEM. And that's just an excuse for your own sins.

We ALL have an appointment date with the Judge. What ANYONE ELSE does is meaningless on that day.

EYES ON YOUR OWN PAPER CLASS.

Thanks for the question. I'll happily respond.

People who purely seek Christ call themselves Christian. And, when you seek Christ, you are called to obey the morality of Christ.

You seem to be referencing a person who is trying to "play" or "trick" God... someone who thinks they can label themselves a Christian but then go about openly sinning without any humility, guilt, or regret. All humans, Christian and non-Christian, sin. We Christians go to church on Sunday knowing we sinned. However, the difference comes at this; Christians identify their actions that are outside the morality of Christ as sinful, and repent, and then will intend to sin no more. That is how forgiveness works. The non-Christian will not attend a service, not humble themselves, and feel they have done nothing wrong (and that's understandable as they don't believe).

I often run into outsiders of the faith who try to hold anyone who calls themselves a Christian against the faith. I immediately ask them to remember what Christianity is, or learn what it is, and then compare it to what the people they are trying to brand onto the religion do. That's a good starting point. It's simply an uncompelling waste of time to explain how people with morals that are clearly outside of the faith shouldn't be held against the faith.. when the outsider can simply use their common sense. Usually, however, this is done to attack and malign the faith in a very intellectually dishonest fashion. But again, it's a boring practice to address, and a very sad measure of their intellect.

That's ON THEM. And that's just an excuse for your own sins.

We ALL have an appointment date with the Judge. What ANYONE ELSE does is meaningless on that day.

EYES ON YOUR OWN PAPER CLASS.
I don't do things that I may later feel guilty about. The idea that you can regularly shit on your fellow humans, ask God for forgiveness and then walk away guilt free is deeply offensive to me.

Yes, that is my point. You speak of fake christians who I am pretty sure will be cast to hell when they knock on heavens gate. Not a good reason to stop your personsal relationship with God, because others failings and hypocrisy. Do you even need the communal thing by going to church? Your home and computer is your new church, you can find preaaachers who preach the correct interpretation of scripture, who lives it. Do not have to use your local church, where the other once seem to have separated your from God. That is the devil tempting them, they fall for it, they stumble and fall, and you lose faith by observing them. Be dispassionate about it, faith is meant to be personal between you and God, none others unless you have a wife and children.

2 things:

1. I think most believers would be on your side in saying that those people you describe will have a tougher time getting to heaven.
2. Most believers aren't outspoken and proud, and thus, aren't much seen in our society. They silently pray and offer their time and resources to charity.

Our society only knows about the loud-mouths. If you want to know about Catholicism, for example, and their excellent history of basically creating and constantly providing the notion of charity, you'll find it easily if you simply look for it.

I don't do things that I may later feel guilty about. The idea that you can regularly shit on your fellow humans, ask God for forgiveness and then walk away guilt free is deeply offensive to me.
You have no idea what you're talking about on so many levels

kjv isnt the only unforgivable sin denying the holy ghost....

in the book ' conversations with god' god states man can understand sin or heaven or hell and hell does not exist.....my hubby calls it a book to make sinner happy...

pretty sure part of confession for catholics ding is forgiveness and go forth and sin no more....

does forgiveness set a high standard or a low bar? isnt it like an apology where if you apologize for something then you are to avoid doing it again? that is how i explain it to the wee ones.

From what I've read, and from what I've heard from the religious........their god made humans in his image and gave them "free will" to do as they please, except for the 10 commandments.......which Moses could have created himself by the way.

This means they are allowed to do and say as they please, with no reprisals, retribution, or retaliation of any kind, as long as they don't involve the commandments. Why they pray for forgiveness is beyond me.
Then you have talked to people who are not true christians. And poorly informed atheists. There is a bit more to it than the commandments. That is just common sense laws for society, to build and thrive as community, prosper in peace. Common sense laws you should not violate, or your community must punish you for breaking the peace, kind of like in the wild west. Where everybody has guns, few laws, but do not spit at the floor at the saloon, if you do, you gets punched in the face by the other guests. Do it again, multiple people beat you up, and throw you out. Do it agin, somebody shoots you. That kept the peace in cowboy societies.

Many more rules and rights to consider, and duties. And to get salvation you are not on the boat even, by thinking it is just about commandments. Salvation is about not sinning, doing what is right, be touched by the holy spirit, then pry forgiveness and mean it. And God claims you if you are worthy.

2 things:

1. I think most believers would be on your side in saying that those people you describe will have a tougher time getting to heaven.
2. Most believers aren't outspoken and proud, and thus, aren't much seen in our society. They silently pray and offer their time and resources to charity.

Our society only knows about the loud-mouths. If you want to know about Catholicism, for example, and their excellent history of basically creating and constantly providing the notion of charity, you'll find it easily if you simply look for it.
I was pretty much raised in church. Southern Baptist/Pentecostal. It has been my experience that churches are terrible places for people who do not need the threat of eternal damnation to live a moral upright life.

i left the church southern baptist at the age of decision...12..never looked back...my issue was only they were going to heaven? while they sinned...and sinned...but showed up on sunday to repent

of course my raised southern baptist hubby to be a preacher....tells me i am going to hell for never being baptized

You have no idea what you're talking about on so many levels
I can guarantee I have devoted more thought and study to morality, ethics and the nature of human existence than most of the so-called Christian hypocrites.

Thanks for the question. I'll happily respond.

People who purely seek Christ call themselves Christian. And, when you seek Christ, you are called to obey the morality of Christ.

You seem to be referencing a person who is trying to "play" or "trick" God... someone who thinks they can label themselves a Christian but then go about openly sinning without any humility, guilt, or regret. All humans, Christian and non-Christian, sin. We Christians go to church on Sunday knowing we sinned. However, the difference comes at this; Christians identify their actions that are outside the morality of Christ as sinful, and repent, and then will intend to sin no more. That is how forgiveness works. The non-Christian will not attend a service, not humble themselves, and feel they have done nothing wrong (and that's understandable as they don't believe).

I often run into outsiders of the faith who try to hold anyone who calls themselves a Christian against the faith. I immediately ask them to remember what Christianity is, or learn what it is, and then compare it to what the people they are trying to brand onto the religion do. That's a good starting point. It's simply an uncompelling waste of time to explain how people with morals that are clearly outside of the faith shouldn't be held against the faith.. when the outsider can simply use their common sense. Usually, however, this is done to attack and malign the faith in a very intellectually dishonest fashion. But again, it's a boring practice to address, and a very sad measure of their intellect.
Right on the money, regarding how heathens always try to equate phony christians to the faith, and use them as kamikazepilots against the churches of the true christians. We seem to aaaaaagree on a lot, but you missed me with the seeking christ stuff. It is about God, not his son. Jesus was here to teach us, and die for our sins. You cannot find him, you must seek God. If you are convince that Jesus died for your sins and praise him for thaat, you have found Christ. Now you must seek God, to get to heaven. I do not go to church. Do not know how other christians are, do not know any. Statechurch here, protestant. Not allowed to preach about hell or anything important any longer, and also promotes sin. Fake church.

why does one have to preach about hell to be true? hell is just a stick to keep children in line..why is your god such a jealous and petty god?

i left the church southern baptist at the age of decision...12..never looked back...my issue was only they were going to heaven? while they sinned...and sinned...but showed up on sunday to repent

of course my raised southern baptist hubby to be a preacher....tells me i am going to hell for never being baptized
Interesting. That is the fake christians I speak of. And I have wondered about the baptizing thing. Is that a requirement to go to heaven? Was thinking of doing a thread about that. I am pretty new as a christian, so I do not know much. Baptized as a kid, grew up as an atheist. Did confirmation. Delisted myself in 1999, and then I signed up to a religion that paid members 100 dollars a year a few years later. Then I became a member of buddhism in 2008 or somthing. Been member ever since.

So do I have to reinlist in a church and get baptized again as an adult? I know there is something about you having to make a concious choice to be baptized. Last time I was an infant. Does it not count? Does this mean I will go to hell if I do not get baptized? And can you ask your hubby if I can get baptized in a fake church which does not preach the right scripture? 3 hours to a true church, and I do not know if they do baptisms of adults. There are some jehovas witness church 1 hour away, they do adult baptisms, will that be good enough?.

Forum List

Back