Can you name a song you liked at first but not anymore ?

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Also can you think of any songs you didn't like at first but now you do ?

The first question for me is anything by Guns n Roses. When they first came out, I thought they kicked ass in the late 80's, but now I can't stand them. ...Welcome to the Jungle.

And when I first heard Elton John in the early 70's, I was already into the hard rock scene....Santana, Cream, Hendrix and all that stuff. Elton John was for the nerdy kids who played soccer up on the hill.

Now I think his musical library is nothing short of genius...the endless melodies he came up with, the lyrics that take you to another place. Not all music does that....it's usually a background for whatever else is going on. Enough said.....happy Thursday my virus-fearing, truth seeking amigos.

Here's some of Elton's magic from 1980....
Free concert at Central Park.

I used to like the song "They're coming to take me away"By Napolian XIV when I was a kid.Now that I'm older and more insane that song scares me.

First one that comes to mind is "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin.
Liked it when it came out at first, got overplayed because if it's ties to the "Top Gun" movie, and just musically sounds dreary to me.

A song that is kind of a Christmas staple is... yes, I have to bring this up...

"Baby It's Cold Outside"

Just can't help but feel creeped out by many of the lines, making you wonder about the girl's age, was something slipped in her drink? Just an overall "ick" factor that could only be more icky is if Bill Cosby had written that song (no evidence of that though).

Forum List

Back