Can you make unleavened bread fluffy ?

I don't think there is a leavening requirement for Christian communion/Lord's supper bread, becasue the observance isn't of Passover but of Christ's sacrifice.

I was just looking it up, I guess the eastern orthodox requirement is to use Leavened bread in communion.. thats werid , learn something new every day.

I just figured it would be the same as passover
Nope. Totally different in concept and application.

Wait a second I forgot about this, Manna bread has yeast in it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

John 6:49
SUM PIC XRF DEV STU
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died.

New Living Translation
Your ancestors ate manna in the wilderness, but they all died.

English Standard Version
Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.
Manna isn't bread. It's an edible fungus or something that springs up on the surface of the earth.
Just after the morning dew and allowed them to " speak to God". Damn fine mushroom. I'd buy some :04:
Naw, it didn't allow anybody to speak to God, and there is nothing in the bible about that.

We can speak to God any time, we don't need mushrooms. My point was that it isn't bread. Though I am reading on it now, and the current belief is that it was something else that was pounded into a type of flour for bread...so maybe it was.

Not sure what you mean by 'fluffy'? Since the fluff would be from leavening such as yeast or baking powder or soda. Oyster crackers or saltines have some kind of leavening as well, so...….:dunno:

I don't think there is a leavening requirement for Christian communion/Lord's supper bread, becasue the observance isn't of Passover but of Christ's sacrifice.
No when I went to an uncle's 'becoming a minister' ceremony, he gave communion and it was homemade yeast bread, cut into cubes.

I was just looking it up, I guess the eastern orthodox requirement is to use Leavened bread in communion.. thats werid , learn something new every day.

Wait a second I forgot about this, Manna bread has yeast in it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SUM PIC XRF DEV STU

New Living Translation

English Standard Version
Manna isn't bread. It's an edible fungus or something that springs up on the surface of the earth.
Just after the morning dew and allowed them to " speak to God". Damn fine mushroom. I'd buy some :04:
Naw, it didn't allow anybody to speak to God, and there is nothing in the bible about that.

We can speak to God any time, we don't need mushrooms. My point was that it isn't bread. Though I am reading on it now, and the current belief is that it was something else that was pounded into a type of flour for bread...so maybe it was.
Maybe. Good read tho.
REVIEW: The Mystery of Manna: The Psychedelic Sacrament of the Bible Dan Merkur.

Not sure what you mean by 'fluffy'? Since the fluff would be from leavening such as yeast or baking powder or soda. Oyster crackers or saltines have some kind of leavening as well, so...….:dunno:

SUM PIC XRF DEV STU

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Then why they call it bread? Lol

( I guess I get stubborn when I think I am right)

SUM PIC XRF DEV STU

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Then why they call it bread? Lol

( I guess I get stubborn when I think I am right)

No I'm saying that they made bread out of it I thought they just ate it off the ground.

I've been thinking about this.....even though Easter is about Christ's sacrifice as you say...…...it was done during Passover .It is 2 different Holidays, but during the same timeframe. ..that's why He and the 12 were in town to begin with...so it would still make sense to have unleavened bread....even though it's not a requirement of Christians, only of Jews/Hebrew. And I've never had Easter communion with leavened bread. Not to say it doesn't happen, but I've not experienced it. In fact, any communion has always been done without leavening. And I supposed atleast part of that is because of what yeast represented....being puffed up as described in the Bible about celebrating Passover....and Christ, being perfect was never 'puffed up'. Make sense????

But I'm no expert on these matters by any means. I was not raised within the church, but a late comer crashing the party.....so I don't know the official word on the matter. :dunno:

Just curious was having a debate over communion, some baptist was using what appeared to be oyster crackers

soak it in milk... LOL... For Matzo, when you make pancakes with milk and eggs, it's pretty fluffy...

Hoecake is kinda fluffy I guess..and short. Yeah, that's probably not kosher.

Yeah.. Same idea. Not like a corn muffin at all.. It's a more crude version that ends being more like a pancake or waffle.. Could be kosher depending on what fat you put in it... But I don't think many Johnny Rebel soldiers were Jewish or cared... LOL...

Forum List

Back