Can You Imagine Working for This Company?

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
1e0c438930298e657dd1cb21870dbf62183c2d187dbeafbce412350bd7415028_1.jpg
Maybe this is the problem

There's a saying one of my college professor's always used: Keep doing what you've been doing, you'll keep getting what you've always gotten.

As long as people keep voting the same ones back in, nothing will change. Simple as that.

To be fair, a random sampling of Americans would probably produce similar statistics. If you get to be old and never had trouble with the law you've probably wasted your life.

Not necessarily. Some of us were raised to respect the law and respect duly-constituted authority. I'm 78 years old and have never been arrested. Oh, I got a speeding ticket when I was 16 years old (40 in a 30 mph zone), but that's it.

If you get to be old and never had trouble with the law you've probably wasted your life.

Most people have never been in trouble with the law. There is a very active 20% who seem to be nothing but.

There's a saying one of my college professor's always used: Keep doing what you've been doing, you'll keep getting what you've always gotten.

As long as people keep voting the same ones back in, nothing will change. Simple as that.
Until we have term limits for Congress, and a balanced budget amendment, we are gonna continue to be screwed by career politicians.

To be fair, a random sampling of Americans would probably produce similar statistics. If you get to be old and never had trouble with the law you've probably wasted your life.
I dont think any of the things listed are things decent people should aspire to.

Not necessarily. Some of us were raised to respect the law and respect duly-constituted authority. I'm 78 years old and have never been arrested. Oh, I got a speeding ticket when I was 16 years old (40 in a 30 mph zone), but that's it.
Not going to ridicule you for being a straight arrow. Some people seem to like their boring lives. I still like to have adventures and sometimes the cops get involved. One of my favorites was getting pulled over drunk wearing a devil costume on Halloween night. I was 200 feet from my driveway and he let me go on home.

But that doesn't really happen - there's members retiring and new ones winning elections. It is a slow evolution, and we are kind of limited on candidates. Pristine people are not apt to take the berating from the nefarious types in the mix, when they can just be comfortable doing their jobs.

Because our system is the way it is, flawed, it requires showmanship and "backroom dealing."

I'm curious about the legitimacy of the claims. So I checked just one, the congressman that ran a stop sign and killed a motorcyclist seemed easy enough to check. Google search quickly led me to Bill Janklow and I see the incident occurred in August 2003, he resigned his House seat and died 8 years ago.

So considering that vast number that have served in congress since its inception, the above list wouldn't affect my decision. Likely on par with past companies I worked for. One guy I knew served time for murdering the fellow who impregnated his sister. He was let go a few years after I started at the company when he got into a fight.

Last edited:
I dont think any of the things listed are things decent people should aspire to.
Aspire? Shit happens, even to "respectable" people.
No it doesnt. If you think this behavior is beyond a NORMAL person's control, you have a problem.

Until we have term limits for Congress, and a balanced budget amendment, we are gonna continue to be screwed by career politicians.
Term limits has been on the table for over forty years of my consciousness of politics - when is it going to happen? What is the hold up?

Maybe, there is something about it all that the advocates for term limits do not understand?

Why didn't the founders establish term limits???

What makes you think that the advocates are smarter than the founders?

So considering that vast number that have served in congress since its inception, the above list wouldn't affect my decision
Yeah, I was thinking about that too, but like most companies, there is a percentage of high turnover, but there are always those who've been with the company for 30 years or more. Congress is actually pretty typical.

I though we got rid of the Balanced Budget Act of 1997 when the Republicans wanted to throw a war, that they actually kept largely off budget while in office. I have not heard a single republican bring it up in legislation since, democrat either for that matter. No conservatives left. Both parties want to throw swill to their hogs at the trough. Why would you bring it up? You figure Donnie is definitely a one and done, now?

Aspire? Shit happens, even to "respectable" people.
No it doesnt. If you think this behavior is beyond a NORMAL person's control, you have a problem.
I've had an extraordinary life and seen some bad-ass shit. Being "normal" has never been something I have aspired to. We only go around once and I am going to leave this world knowing I was more than just a mindless consumer that never did anything worth remembering.

New Topics

Forum List

Back